Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply General RP
In the end days. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scyler Swiftclaw

8,300 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:40 am
Post apocalyptic setting. Guns are gone and nuclear radiation has either given beings abilities or mutated them horribly. The mutation cannot be reversed and neither can the abilities. What you have received from the radiation is final. You must now live with it as you embark from your ragged and torn shelter. Your goal is to stay alive. If that means killing others to stay alive, then so be it. If you feel that you should befriend others so you have a better chance of rebuilding the world, then do it. If you feel that the world was meant to be destroyed and you want to see that completed, then go for it. It's survival. What must be done to survive will be done to survive.

Limitations:
No powers that would allow for an instant kill or a quick kill against other RP'ers. As for the random mutants that walk around without any true cognition, those are fair game for killing in whatever fashion you please. Just don't be to brutal, this is still going to be kept an a PG-13 rating.
No instant shots. You can send attacks at other RP'ers, but whether or not they get hit is up to them.
You may not kill someone without warning.
Your character can't be all knowing. God moding is forbidden in the apocalypse.
No cop-out powers like power absorption. Having multiple powers is unfair to other RP'ers. Just find multiple uses for your single power.
Creation/manipulation powers are put together. If you only want one or the other, that is fine, but you are allowed to have both parts of the power if you want.
You can use almost anything from rebar to guns as weapons. However, futuristic weapons are not allowed.

Introduce your character like so:
Name:
Ability:
Background:
Appearance:
Starting point:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Scyler "Scy" Swiftclaw
Species: Bengal Tiger
Ability: Flame creation/manipulation
Background: Originally from Texas, he was on a school field trip to Boston, MA when the apocalyptic war struck without warning. Most of his class was wiped out, the rest were scattered in the chaos. Has a family back in Texas, but is unsure if they are alive or not. His only goal is to stay alive until he can meet back up with them, at least.
Appearance: Dirty, tired and ragged clothing. Wears his usual outfit, but it's tattered and covered with dirt. His hair, normally white, has taken on a more grey color from the dirt. His eyes are now a brighter green from the flame of determination inside of him to reach his home again.
Starting point: A back alley in Boston, Massachusetts.

The sun rises again over a scorched planet Earth. The beaten and battered remains of Boston give off an eerie light as the sun's light reflects of of them. Scyler wakes up in time to see the carnage at what used to be a beautiful time of day. Now, it's just a warning that the terror begins anew each day. Scyler quickly gets up and puts out his campfire with the snap of his fingers. The power the radiation had given him was quite useful. It kept him warm at night, but also kept him protected. It tired him out a little because he still hadn't masered it, but he was getting the hang of it. He walked out into the streets of Boston and sighed wearily. "It's going to be a long journey back to Texas..." Scyler hung his head and sighed heavily. He just wanted to be home. He missed his family. He looked back up and started to set out, trying his best not to be disturbed by the destruction and carnage of the war. "Why now, of all times...? Why...?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:47 pm
Name: Xavier Iago Saint-Gerrad
Species: Red Fox / Human
Ability: Light manipulation
Background:Born in the Big City (NYC) now raised in Connecticut with his grandparents. He was at home when it happened and the carnage that ensued left him a hallow shell of himself; having to smite his own family the genicide mentally destroyed him for weeks on end before regaining sanity.
Appearance: Leaving his home after the initial slaughter he wears his a blue plaid shirt and jeans with black air brush streaks in them making him hard to detect from a distance along with his red and black sneakers. He has dirt patched dark brown hair that he doesn't bother in cleaning along with the dirt in his faun fur. He has dark brown eyes which are hard to see behind his glasses that are tinted green in light.

Starting point. The train station in Bridgeport, Connecticut.

The morning air pushes past everything blowing a desolate feeling through the streets as a silent crow caw breaks the silence. "Glad I lifted some of the Medical equipment from my school, now I can go over and snatch a taxi and some equipment from the mall." getting off the highrise he eyed a trio of mutants carrying blades and torn limbs. "I was suppose to be going to Harvard this year!" He spews forth a blinding light and walks past the mutants. "At least it's not all bad. I can start my own life story." making his way to the street he found himself a working cab and climbed in.  

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Scyler Swiftclaw

8,300 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:58 pm
Scyler wiped his eyes and looked around. He noticed some of the bodies of his former classmates. he looked away in a mix of disgust and pity. What used to be a healthy fur with an active lifestyle and many friends was now no more that a nameless and faceless charred and decaying corpse. It sickened him to think of how many of his friends had been wiped out because of the blast. He was lucky to have made it away from them. He couldn't stand to be around the ashen corpses that littered the streets. He needed to go somewhere where the wreckage was not as horrible. He headed of in the southwest direction. He just wanted to make his way home. He heard the sound of careless footsteps approaching him. He quickly turned in time to see a grotesquely mutated fur running towards him. "GAH...!!" He quickly conjured up a fireball and launched it at the mutant. It caught the zombie-like mutant square in the chest and detonated on impact, sending charred pieces of the living corpse flying. It howled in instinctual pain, but pressed onward. "Crap...! Let's try this again..." He made another fireball, but this time, manipulated it into the shape of a sword. He rushed forward and lashed out at the mutant. The creature let out a final scream of anguish and pain as it was finally put to rest. The sword in Scy's hand snuffed its self out as he noted that he was finished with that. He kneeled down and shut the eyelids of the mutant, whispering, "Sleep peacefully. Your suffering is at an end." With that, he stood up and turned back to the direction he was going. "I can't afford to keep wasting time on them. I need to hurry back home to check on my family."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:41 pm
Name: Brooke Lightfoot
Species: Domestic Horse (Morgan)
Ability: Stimulated plant growth
Background: A sweet, artistic type, just entering her senior year at Berklee College of Music. She has loved nature and music ever since her childhood. After the disaster, she sank into a sort of lethargic depression. She hasn't been outside since the cataclysmic events. She's stayed alive via a makeshift garden and what little water is left in the plumbing.
Appearance: Tall and lean in stature. Her coloring is palomino: light gold body, white mane and tail. Her eyes are sky blue. She wears a lavender floral peasant top and medium-light blue jeans. She's not dirty or travel-worn, but her hair is stringy and she hasn't smelled good in heavens know how long.
Starting point: The basement of what was once an apartment complex in Boston, Mass.

The equine found herself drifting towards the water spigot again. She'd long since lost track of the hours, the weeks, the number of times she'd walked in slow circles around this room. She did not know how much longer she would live, nor why she was still living here. Sitting, pacing, dozing, grazing on some limp greens, rationing her water. Her limbs were perpetually heavy, her thoughts weak, her eyes and mouth dry. She half wished she would just die, just leave this horrid non-life behind, but her hunger and thirst kept her near these sources of sustenance. Who knew what the conditions would be like elsewhere.  

FiliaFlammae

Scyler Swiftclaw

8,300 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:10 am
As Scyler was walking towards what he thought was the way to his home, he found himself utterly lost. Sighing heavily, he sat down next a building a laid his head against the wall. "Ugh... This land is hell..." He sighed and listened carefully to the sound of something moving in the building. His ears perked up and pressed them carefully to the wall. "That... That sounds like running water...!!" Scyler quickly jumps up onto his feet and runs into the building, hoping that his mind wasn't just playing tricks on him.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:57 am
After a few mintues of working around the dashboard and seats Dimitris scraped together a crow bar a tote bag left behind with some beauty supplies, a bloody notebook and a satillite phone. His eyes gleamed as he pressed it to his ear dialing 911. He sighed deeply and put the phone back in the bad. "Doesn't work.... figures."

With that the fox turned the rusted key that was left in the cab in haste and drove off. "I can get this replaced with something more durable at dealership."

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

FiliaFlammae

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:50 pm
A thump! Brooke's eyes flashed open wider than they'd opened in at least a month. The sudden rush of adrenaline sent her off balance, and she toppled forward, spilling her cup of precious water all over the thirsty earth floor; it was absorbed immediately. She broke her fall with her arms and quickly rolled over onto her back. She could see the stairs now, and her hooves were at the ready should she need to kick at the intruder.

"Wh-who's there?" she blurted at the vague shadow she could just barely see at the top of the stairs, unable to hide the fear in her voice.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:43 pm
As he made it to a stairway leading into a basement, Scyler stopped at the stairs and looked down, seeing the frightened figure of a Palomino in a defensive position. "Please, don't be alarmed. I heard the sound of running water and I thought I might be able to get a drink. I mean you no harm." He slowly took a step down the stairs, hearing the wood crackle under the pressure and nearly giving out.  

Scyler Swiftclaw

8,300 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:52 pm
The sky turned to ebb as the cab screeched to a stop a far distance away from the mall. Dimitris peered out the window eyeing the mass of mutants along the parking lot. "Shouldn't get any closer in this or they'd spot me."

Taking hold of the bag Dimitris begins focusing the light around him in sheets that ripple until he disappears. "This makes it easier. The lot is already caovered in Heaven's knows what." Holding his nose The fox crosses at his leisure, which isn't much, through the infested lot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:51 pm
It was a few seconds before Brooke relaxed a little. "Oh...um, sure. Of course." She picked up the cup, pushed herself up, and returned to the spigot. She turned the knob carefully, letting the cup fill slowly about halfway.

"Sorry it's not much," she apologized, offering the water to her guest, "but I honestly don't know how much is left in that tank. It must be down to nearly the bottom by now."

FiliaFlammae

Scyler Swiftclaw

8,300 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:16 pm
Scyler graciously took the cup from the palomino, drinking the water sparingly. "If so, then it's best not to stay in one place. You should try and move to someplace safer, away from the destruction caused here." Scyler drank a little more of the water. It was somewhat cool and refreshing. It was the first time he'd drank clean water in a week or two. "By the way, my name is Scyler." He held out his hand that wasn't holding the cup for a handshake, showing that he was a friend and not an enemy.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:00 pm
As the fox opened the doors and entered he saw even more carnage spread through the deparments, any sort of security force was laid waste to as well as any food and clothing stores. "Looks like an 'Everything must go sale!', just my luck." Picking up a nightstick Dimitris sighed and went into a Target exhanging his totebag for a large rolling bookbag.

As he dropped the tote the crowbar fell out making a loud clang. Quickly Dimitris put in the water bottles from the nearby shelfs, a quick 2 sets of clothes and 3 first aid kits he managed to scavenge for; soon the fox was confronted by a swarm of mutants at door surrounding him.

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Jackal McFluffybutt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Name: Dice
Species: Half Human, Half fox
Ability: Healing
Background: Dice was always a laid back fox boy, until the disaster happened. Now most of his house was destroyed, parents were dead and he has no clue if any of his friends are alive, and right now he's trying to survive. when he was younger his dad decided that he was going to join a martial art to protect himself. Dice joined ninjutsu, but didn't go far in it and learned mainly how to dodge and defend. He did however gain an interest in throwing knives, and begged his dad to find lessons in those. After a couple years he became rather proficient in the art of flinging sharp objects, and coule throw almost anything with a blade with more or less accurate aim. on his seventeenth birthday his dad got him a special set of throwing knives. a set of six daggers, with short hilts and dice embedded in the ends of the handles.
Appearance: (http://hyperdude5.deviantart.com/art/Dice-140496424 see here for a picture) he has green eyes, chocolate brown hair and black fox ears, a white fox tail with black at the tip and white furred fox feet.
Starting point: His house in Bridgeport Conneticut

Dice groaned as he crawled out of the rubble that was once his room. most of the area was destroyed, only a couple walls still standing from the explosion. He looked around, but saw little more than rubble. His eyes were wide when he saw his parents mangled bodies. He didn't have time to mourne, because immediatly after he saw some zombie like figuers walking towards him in a horde of death. In a panic the fox boy looked around for something to defend himself against, and saw in a pile under the rubble, a bunch of his practise throwing knives. He thanked god that they weren't buried for good and grabbed a couple of the sharper ones, fligning them with deadly accuracy at the mutant mob. the first few of the mob fell down when the knives stuck in their fore heads, but the rest kept coming. Dice spun around to run, spotting the belt that held his special knives and picking it up. He threw as many more practise knives in his pocket as he could before dashing off, praying to some unkown diety as he did so, tears streaming down his face.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:15 am
Brooke couldn't help but smile at the friendly young tiger; she hadn't had contact with another for a long time. "I'm Brooke," she replied, taking Scyler's hand and shaking it firmly. "A real pleasure to meet you!"

She soon dropped her head shyly, though. "I guess I stayed here because I was too scared this was the only water source around. But...yes. It'll be good for me to get out of this place."

FiliaFlammae

Kage-Taisen Twilight
Crew

Desirable Rogue

10,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:47 pm
Shuddering slightly he reaches against his shirt and pulled out a marble tucked in against his naval. "Shine!" The fox covered his eyes as a blinding flash ruptured the marbled shrapneling it into the enemies before he ran out.

Stopping as he passed the door way he veiled himself again and looked down to the lower level. "A jeep." he whispered to himself eyeing a downed corpse that may have been trying to get in before being overwhelmed. "that's my chance."

General RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff