Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
There should be a law! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ultra nova

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:19 pm
There should be a law that the people in japan who created great animes like sailor moon should freely deside who gets to dub their animes into english its only fair so that veen though geneon would be the richest company in america dealing with animation and places like 4kids and dic wouldn't be then they can hire people to draw their own animes stressed . They put so much hard work into these shows but so many of them are murdered all the time don't they deserve a chance crying ?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:23 pm
awww i know thats so true, its such a tragidy *mumbles under breath* Richard Cox, anywho i support you one hundred percent of the way! 4laugh  

MewAyame

Wubbzy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:33 pm
Hmm... there really should be a law like that...but there are both pros and cons for the original animator if a law like that was really passed.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:01 pm
this is true, but more importantly, i think that the original creator (ex. naoko) of the story should be allowed to have more involvement in the anime.  

.lilliam.

Aki Ameko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:23 pm
chibiayame-sama
awww i know thats so true, its such a tragidy *mumbles under breath* Richard Cox, anywho i support you one hundred percent of the way! 4laugh
Do you have a problem with Richard Cox? He's the voice of Inuyasha, if I remember correctly...

But yeah, 4kids ruined Mew Mew too.... stare  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:24 pm
*shrugs* Can't really do much about it though, just have to deal with it. I was upset when I first heard the dubbed version of Gravitation, but I got used to it. I'd love to be the person to voice over the character "Luchia" from this great anime called 'Mermaid Melody' but sadly some talents never find their way to VA companies. So it may/should not be a matter of which company does the voice over, but whether or not they have the talent to do a good job.

Taihomi

Anxious Vampire

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:52 pm
Aki Ameko
chibiayame-sama
Do you have a problem with Richard Cox? He's the voice of Inuyasha, if I remember correctly...

Richard Cox is a great vocie actor as well as actor. I see nothing wrong with him.

And yes, you are remembering right. Richard Cox is the voice behind Inuyasha (Which is why I am SO glad that Ocean Studios in Vancouver is the company behind Inuyasha!) He also does the voices of Tolle Koenig and Shani Andras in Gundam SEED; Tony in Breaker High; Auel Neider in Gundam SEED Destiny; Kai Shiden in Mobile Suit Gundam; Ranma Saotome in Ranma 1/2.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:22 am
I agree they should have more involvement but there are some really good dubbed animes out there and some are completely destroyed (eg: Love Hina) Personally I Liked the First season dubbed of Sailor moon =3  

ellyfish_

Rose Mystica

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:10 am
Aki Ameko
chibiayame-sama

I swear I cried when I saw Mew Mew was being dubbed by 4kids. gonk Mew Mew's my third-favorite anime (after Pretear and Sailormoon).  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:18 am
ultra nova
There should be a law that the people in japan who created great animes like sailor moon should freely deside who gets to dub their animes into english its only fair so that veen though geneon would be the richest company in america dealing with animation and places like 4kids and dic wouldn't be then they can hire people to draw their own animes stressed . They put so much hard work into these shows but so many of them are murdered all the time don't they deserve a chance crying ?

Actually, the Japanese creators DO decide who gets to dub their anime and release it in English. Toei animation freely gave the English rights to DIC and so on, and later allowed Pioneer to release subtitled uncut version of the show on DVD. You have to remember that Sailor Moon is a children's show, and so Toei wants it to handled in such a way that it is presentable to children...therefore if by American standards it needs to be cut and whatever, that's fine with them.

Many people have said that Sailor Moon should be released on Adult Swim, uncut and unedited like many other popular anime series. But in fact Toei will not allow this to happen. They would never have an "adult" product attached to their children's show. Sailor Moon has been a huge money maker for them so they will not compromise its image.  

Toast_Lady

Ling_Xiaoyu8905

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:38 am
Toast_Lady
ultra nova

Actually, the Japanese creators DO decide who gets to dub their anime and release it in English. Toei animation freely gave the English rights to DIC and so on, and later allowed Pioneer to release subtitled uncut version of the show on DVD. You have to remember that Sailor Moon is a children's show, and so Toei wants it to handled in such a way that it is presentable to children...therefore if by American standards it needs to be cut and whatever, that's fine with them.

Many people have said that Sailor Moon should be released on Adult Swim, uncut and unedited like many other popular anime series. But in fact Toei will not allow this to happen. They would never have an "adult" product attached to their children's show. Sailor Moon has been a huge money maker for them so they will not compromise its image.

Actually that makes alot of sense..and anyway I love both the dubbed and unedited versions. The dubbed because I grew up with it and the dubbed because its got more. Also remember the culture difference in the U.S. and Japan. In Japan kids see alot more then they do here..  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:58 am
Ling_Xiaoyu8905

Actually that makes alot of sense..and anyway I love both the dubbed and unedited versions. The dubbed because I grew up with it and the dubbed because its got more. Also remember the culture difference in the U.S. and Japan. In Japan kids see alot more then they do here..

Japanese kids sure do ^^ I also have a special place in my heart for the dubbed Sailor Moon...it was just so cute and cheesey and funny sometimes.  

Toast_Lady

Ling_Xiaoyu8905

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:26 am
Toast_Lady
Ling_Xiaoyu8905

Japanese kids sure do ^^ I also have a special place in my heart for the dubbed Sailor Moon...it was just so cute and cheesey and funny sometimes.

3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:51 am
Yeah also Kirby Morrow for Miroku from Inuyasha and Trowa from Gundam Wing.... redface sweatdrop Sorry bout that ^_^''' But yeah, the English version of Mew Mew was ruined and my character online always gets compared to it and I hate it when that happens!!!! crying
Solar Kitty-chan
Aki Ameko
chibiayame-sama

Richard Cox is a great vocie actor as well as actor. I see nothing wrong with him.

And yes, you are remembering right. Richard Cox is the voice behind Inuyasha (Which is why I am SO glad that Ocean Studios in Vancouver is the company behind Inuyasha!) He also does the voices of Tolle Koenig and Shani Andras in Gundam SEED; Tony in Breaker High; Auel Neider in Gundam SEED Destiny; Kai Shiden in Mobile Suit Gundam; Ranma Saotome in Ranma 1/2.

Sarah-J-Smith

Friendly Conversationalist

11,375 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:23 am
I say SM should be redubbed though, too much was edited, and SM was a good show, Geneon didnt screw up with dubbing, look at Samurai Champloo, to censor my favored words "********" and "s**t", and also including "********". they play record scratch sounds to function as censorship, and it's actually funnier and has a better point than changing the diologue or muting the word. I have seen SM episodes released by Geneon though on DVD, it would be nice to get the unchanged diologue, when I was a kid I already stashed away a Penthouse magazine and already knew about Puberty, and SEX, so I possibly saw as much if not more than an average Japanese kid, and I STILL enjoyed youth by playing Video Games, I just didnt see things as boys VS girls anymore after Puberty powerbombed me through a table.

Geneon & Funimation=Good
4kids, Dic, Cloverway=bad, evil, bullshit!

should be a law against editing anime, because when anime gets edited it ruins the image of the character. in the Japanese version of SM, Mako-chan was a bit lonely, but not near desperate for a guy to assume every guy that was within a hundred miles was up for grabs if he didnt have a girlfriend to her knowledge. Ami was turned into an obsessive geek in the dub when in the Japanese version she was diligent with her studies, but still highly dedicated to her friends. Usagi was dumbed down as well, as in the first episode she bashed her knee into her door when she tried a Sailor V pose. 4kids, Dic, and Cloverway should be banned from dubbing anime. companies like Geneon and Funimation should have full legel rights to dubbing anime, as Funimation releases both a kid friendly version and an unedited version of the anime they dub(DBZ is a fine example, though I can sense some anti-DBZ tension.). Full Metal Alchemist is rather mature, but isnt so bad you couldnt watch it with your kids, Nephiews, Neices, Grandchildren, Cousins, etc. it would be nice to see the unedited version of an anime, and more buisiness can be conducted.

companies like 4kids take away the valuable lesson all anime has to offer, Humanity, as characters in anime grow and change like real people, for example, Khyron started off as a bloodthirsty backstabber in his debut in Robotech, when he died he knew some human qualities and held hands with Azonia prior to their deaths in a suicide attack, Usagi wasnt as much of a crybaby klutz in the final episode as she was in the first episode of SM, those were an example of a bad guy and a good guy in anime. Vash from Trigun was first a mindless boob who loved eating doughnuts, and seemed too stupid to survive, but he soon grew into a good guy, he got lost from time to time, but he always found a way back on track, and though he lost a friend(Nicholas D. Wolfwood), he battled his rival and won after growing, and experiencing, though he was still a doughnut-eating knuckle-head personality wise, he was a more compitant doughnut-eating knuckle-head. anime teaches humanity, and when companies like 4kids and Dic get their hands on anime they ruin that lesson, taking away that vital lesson all people need to learn. I gotta see Ultra Novas point through, there's a lot of truth in it as Geneon and Funimation havent done too shabby, though Funimation used DBZ as a guineapig for redubbing a mutilated anime, they did a good job. Geneon knows how to dub, and had fun with it by making twists in censorship to accomodate the series, instead of butchering the diologue.

you see where I getting at now? I hope so.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff