Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Another Ghost Story

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:45 am
We've always known my house was haunted (people waving at us from the windows, shadow people walking past, hearing an old radio in the basement, hearing foot steps above you when no one is upstairs, etc.) But my family and the ghosts have always had an understanding - that the ghosts were allowed to remain as long as they didn't enter the bedrooms of my sisters and I while we were in there.

And we've never had a problem, not in the 20 years we've been there. (besides one exception, which I'll explain later. Until just the other night.

My first younger sister (18 ) now inhabits the room that I used to when I still lived there. Yesterday, she told me about something that happened in the room within the past few days.

She was sleeping peacefully, when she was woken up by a muffled "Hey." She looked at the direction where the sound had come from, and discovered a large shadow man standing next to her bed, bent over as though looking at her. He was like the shadow people we see pretty regularly, dark and opaque.

She gasped and moved back a little, as she did the man stood up slowly - he was very "big and bulky" she said. She switched on her light (which caused him to disappear) and said, "Hey ghost, you're not supposed to be in here."

She then turned her light back off (he was no longer there) and went back to sleep.

Now, I've always known that that room is a little bit... tricky. When I first moved into it I used to get nightmares. So I took some precautionary measures against negativity entering the room, which caused the nightmares to stop.

When I asked my sister, "Were you scared?" and "Did he feel negative at all?" She just shrugged her shoulders and very casually said "No, he just surprised me."

That relieved me a great deal, but I renewed my protection precautions any way - I was glad to see that she hadn't taken them down, despite not really being "into" this stuff.

The only other time I've seen anything in that room was when I was about 16 or 17. I was on the phone with my then-boyfriend, when I saw something white move past the end of my bed. It wasn't as though I saw the whole thing, but the back of something. That freaked me out, since ghosts aren't supposed to be in the bedrooms, but mostly because this one was WHITE. Which I had never seen before, we only ever see dark shapes/people.

So I went downstairs into the kitchen. I was sitting in front of the heater, facing the doorway that leads to the dining room, when I saw it again. This time it was in the shape of a very tall person. It was like it was trying to spy on me. It leaned into the doorway so I could only see it's head and one shoulder, then it leaned back. It bothered me so much I hung up on my boyfriend ahead of time and went into the living room with my family.

I'd never seen it before, and I haven't seen it since.

So here's what we know about my sister's situation:

1. The entity came into my sister's room, despite the understanding that my family and has with the ghosts.

Theories: It could be a "new" ghost, or one that isn't a regular at our home. It might have broken the understanding because it really needed her attention for some reason. It might not have been a ghost at all, but something else.

2. The entity was aware of its surroundings.

3. The entity felt the need to wake her up.

4. The entity was not negative.

5. It did not come back after she told it it wasn't allowed in there. (As far as we know.)

What do you think? Any theories on this entity's behavior?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:01 pm
How is your sister doing right now? Is everything in her life alright? And her relationships, are any of them weird or destructive in any way? I find that the room in which something occurs often intertwines itself with those in it... or those who were in it in the past causing extreme mojo of whatever kind.  

BenjaminDaniel

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:51 am
BenjaminDaniel
How is your sister doing right now? Is everything in her life alright? And her relationships, are any of them weird or destructive in any way? I find that the room in which something occurs often intertwines itself with those in it... or those who were in it in the past causing extreme mojo of whatever kind.

She's perfectly fine, normal, and happy, as are all of her relationships.

Like I said, the entity wasn't negative at all, just surprising.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:30 pm
Magus Young
BenjaminDaniel

Spirits aren't always affecting/affected in a negative way- in fact, I think positive energy is stronger than negative, it's just that sort of thing is a little more rare. If everything's perfectly okay, well, it looks like there's nothing to worry about. Whatever happens, happens- if you don't want to get rid of it, what do you want to do? Perhaps just continue to live as normal? I only ask because you labelled it as a "problem" in the op.  

BenjaminDaniel

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:17 pm
BenjaminDaniel
Magus Young
BenjaminDaniel

Spirits aren't always affecting/affected in a negative way- in fact, I think positive energy is stronger than negative, it's just that sort of thing is a little more rare. If everything's perfectly okay, well, it looks like there's nothing to worry about. Whatever happens, happens- if you don't want to get rid of it, what do you want to do? Perhaps just continue to live as normal? I only ask because you labelled it as a "problem" in the op.

Oh, the problem is that the ghosts aren't allowed in our bedrooms, but this one came in. But then I was wondering, "maybe it wasn't a ghost?" and wanted peoples' opinions on it's strange behavior.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:59 am
There is a possibility that this ghost is really new to your home. i have in the past seen multiple places that actually attracted the energy of spirits and such like a magnet. perhaps, in this case, this truly was a new ghost to your home, one that did not know of the rules. people can pick up spirits as they walk around during the day and when they get home, they just sort of deposit them where ever.

it would also explain the spirits need to wake your sister, because it wanted attention, it needed her to pay attention. most of the spirits in your home, i am sure, dont really go out of their way to call attention to themselves in that way. sure they will wave, or move your car keys, or whatever, but do they go out of their way to wake the sleeping children of the household when they have been around long enough to understand the way your family works on their routine?

so, my opinion? New kid in school. you probably picked the guy up on an outing and drug him to your place, or the very area you are living in might be the one bringing the ghosties to you. what is your quartz deposit level where you live?  

regina_in_exile

The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games