Reply 'Tendo Cult~
A Choice To Make........ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SlashFighter1988

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:13 pm
My birthday is arriving soon and I'm stuck on what new game console I should get. I have a choice of 2 that are interesting to me. I want a DSi (Black), or a Sony PSP (Not the PSP Go). The thing that makes me both want these systems terribly is the features and the games. I know the PSP is bassically an Ipod that can play full-flegded games, but there's not many good games on it. The Dsi however, has WarioWare Touched, Scribblenauts (Which is the reason I want the DSi), Metroid Prime: Hunters, etc. Also there's the popular Flipnote Studio app. Should I get the PSP-3000 or the DSi? (Birthday is on Oct. 21)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:16 pm
This is a Nintendo guild. Most people are gonna go with the Nintendo product. If you want the song capabilities (which I think is a waste of a handheld unless you get an MP3 player just for that reason), then get the PSP. You want games? Get the DSi.  

Orphie

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:29 pm
I'm not really biased. But let me tell you, I have a PSP and it barely has any games. I would get the DSi and then later get the PSP when you have money. It's good to have it for the games you want but can only get on the PSP.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:52 pm
PSP has some great games.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops!
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Coming out later)
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Lumines
'Daxter' is reportedly good.
Patapon 1 and 2 are both highly praised
N+ is an amazing game.
They have a Rock Band game on there, too.

The list goes on.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:32 pm
Kuzodav

Lumines
N+ is an amazing game.

The list goes on.

For instance, the LocoRoco games =3

Well, looks like you really want some particular DS games already so, do some research on some PSP games... and see what you like.
You haven't really said what your preferences are so, I can't tell what you'd like.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:05 pm
Just do some research on the games they have, and whichever one has more good games, get that. We don't know what you like so...

But In my opinion, they are both just as good. Although I currently have a lot more DS games... But i did have that longer.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:32 pm
Kuzodav

Lumines
N+ is an amazing game.

The list goes on.
The DS also has a Final Fantasy Tactics (A2?), N+ and a couple of Guitar Hero games which come with a guitar grip with the touch screen for strumming so it's more like the console versions.

I'd say go with the DS unless you're really into Sony games, because the PSP is basically a PS2 except with lower quality titles that you can take on the go. The DS has games that are generally unique in many aspects, and it has a huge catalog of really good games, no matter what your taste. You're also getting cameras, but both systems have downloadable content, too. I haven't really heard of anything that lives up to the Flipnote Studio (which is free) on either, though.

You can also listen to music on the DSi, but you have to convert the files from mp3 to mp4, so it's a little more of a hassle, but it's still completely doable.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:37 pm
The PSP well runs dry much faster than the DS. I'd go for the DS.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

-Hel the Reaper-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:00 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
Kuzodav

Lumines
N+ is an amazing game.

The list goes on.

For instance, the LocoRoco games =3

Well, looks like you really want some particular DS games already so, do some research on some PSP games... and see what you like.
You haven't really said what your preferences are so, I can't tell what you'd like.

N+ is on the DS too.
Anyway, the DS has far more good games but the good games on the PSP are gorgeous.
[Plus if you want to play pirated games on the DS you need an R4 or Cyclo where as with the PSP hacking is moderately difficult (depending on your skill level) but free]
Anyway I love my DS and I would never get a PSP. (Not enough games and extra features to warrant paying that much) XD So I'm biased, but sometimes the right system varies depending on the person and what they are going to be using it for.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:10 pm
Are there any good DSiware games out there?  

SlashFighter1988

SlashFighter1988

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:14 pm
The types of games I like are RPG's, adventure, action, puzzle, and platfromers. *Is chewing fingers nervously while awaiting copy of Super Metroid to arrive*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:48 pm
KING_METROID_PRIME_2K
The types of games I like are RPG's, adventure, action, puzzle, and platfromers. *Is chewing fingers nervously while awaiting copy of Super Metroid to arrive*

I was gonna say PSP is probably better for RPG's, but come to think it, DS has lot more good RPG's... On home consoles PS is a lot better for RPG's but on the portable thats reversed....

For adventure games, well they are both pretty much equal i'd say... Action same way, honestly I don't really know how to differentiate those catagories much....

I think DS has better Puzzle games. Not sure though, don't really look into those much, not a big fan of them, but it has tetris DS, meteos, both kinda interesting, and it will probly get a dicter mario downloadable, if it hasn't yet.

And Nintendo has better platformers on all systems.  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:09 pm
Meta_Fish
Kuzodav

Lumines
N+ is an amazing game.

The list goes on.
The DS also has a Final Fantasy Tactics (A2?), N+ and a couple of Guitar Hero games which come with a guitar grip with the touch screen for strumming so it's more like the console versions.

Don't you need a GBA slot to play the Guitar Hero games, though?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:13 pm
Well like people said, there are good games on the PSP, but more on the DS. If your really desperate for an MP3 I think the lowest Ipod is about 50, but thats a shuffle.  

Demon0fMists

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces