Epic Mickey is a GO! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Demon0fMists

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:01 pm
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6231297.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;5

So I saw this game being discussed in the Cult earlier, and now its officially being announced as a game.

Discuss.

I'm interested in it, if you take a look at the pics, they look dark, and there was one with Goofy like a wooden frame kinda thing. I don't know, but if anyone finds it post it up please.

EDIT: Heres the Goofy pic, dark isn't it?

http://www.gamespot.com/images/0/viewer/1?blog=1&path=2009/209/goofy_zombie276_screen.jpg  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:05 pm
I'm pretty excited to hear more about this game, surprisingly (to myself). Great concept art and it's something that's pretty fresh and unexpected, so I want to hear more about it.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Demon0fMists

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:06 pm
Yup, especially that when you think of disney, you think of happy go-lucky characters, this seems to be more of well...an epic.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:08 pm
Here we go, I found that Goofy pic.

http://www.gamespot.com/images/0/viewer/1?blog=1&path=2009/209/goofy_zombie276_screen.jpg  

Demon0fMists

Allegro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:59 pm
Warren Spector is GOD.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:17 pm
I don't care what kind of game it is.
At all.
As long as the art direction remains, I'll play it.

It also seems like...the steampunk, wooden-frame characters will either be illusion-zombie things or thrown-out clones of some kind.
(Or, you know, important characters...just a guess. >_>)  

Beat Bandit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:13 am
Disney has the money to make this game a moving version of that painting if they wanted to. I am really excited to see what the game itself looks like. I'm getting a little tired of the 2D fad, so I'd like to see some 3D action, but I would not complain if it matched the concept art either way.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:48 am
So long as there's no DAMN KEYBLADES!, I'm fine.  

The Vorpal Tom

Allegro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:05 pm
Honestly, I don't care about the art direction as much as I do the man who's writing this thing. Spector was the first game designer whose storytelling abilities coupled with the style of play to really enable the player to choose their own path, not just the Infamous/Prototype/KOTOR "COMPLETELY GOOD OR EVIL" railroading.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:09 pm
I see this game falling into one of three catagories.

Epic: The game is just too epic to handle

Action Puzzle Platformer: The game has been rumored to be about Mickey painting and erasing parts of levels,while being chased by lesser disney characters. If done right this game could be a good action puzzle platformer.
And yes, such a category does exist.

Scribblenauts: The game is epic and puzzling, but there are so many ways to go through things, that it's more epic than puzzling.  

CherubiMaster

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:23 pm
Apparently people on Neogaf are getting banned for complaining about the console choice at all.

As a Nintendo fan, I obviously enjoy that. I'm not going to lie and pretend I'm unbiased. But even still, were that many people really expecting a Disney game on the consoles with all the gore and guts, and NOT the market leader, backed by a company that is almost an analogy to Disney and just about as recognizable?

If the game is really as good as people are thinking, it will sell s**t tons on the Wii.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:34 pm
Yeah, it was a good marketing choice on Disney's part.

Needless to say, I am excited for this. I will want this game.  

Orphie

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:37 pm
Orphie
Yeah, it was a good marketing choice on Disney's part.

Needless to say, I am excited for this. I will want this game.

Yeah it looks pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 pm
Oh sweet, I can't wait to get it x3  

Tanzama -CCV-

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:05 pm
Have you seen the cover of the new issue of Game Informer?? There's a reason why it's called Epic Mickey. lol.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff