Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
YUU*GI*OU Character Discussions Alert Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:31 pm
Hey, Nightfure pointed out that the new character discussion threads are going unnoticed now that they're in a subforum, but I can't think of anything else to use that subforum for, so I'll just be using this thread to alert when new discussion threads are up. Hope this helps!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:32 pm
Alert: The Yami no Bakura thread is up!  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:58 pm
Alert: The Bakura Ryou thread is up!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:38 pm
Yay! Haha...when you said Malik would probably be next I was like "aww" - but I've heard about the "future" Ryou thread a million times on the Yami no Bakura thread, I can't wait! So glad Malik got skipped - or whatever you decided, haha. Although now I have to think of things to say, an opinion (besides just basic love). *pressure* stressed sweatdrop

rofl  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:30 pm
Yeah, though I do consider Malik more of a main character, I decided I want to present the two personality halves with their respective 'twin,' so since I just did Yami no Bakura, I wanted to do Omote next. And Yami no Yuugi came directly after Yuugi as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:49 pm
I think that makes a lot more sense to me than coming back to pick up Ryou later, so bravo.

And what, I thought Honda was the main character in the series?! Why wasn't his thread first?! Hahaha, j/k, j/k! If I haven't made it clear, Honda is sorta kinda not really one of my loves. Although, I do LOVE to spoof on him, and his sadly deceased voice *somber expression*.

rofl  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:18 pm
Yay. XD
Awww, I luff Honda, but he definitely is easy and fun to make fun of. And Tristan is my favorite Abridged character. <3 I'm glad his voice was revived.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:03 pm
Oh yay, the tobacco items are back! Haha, random, but that announcement just popped up as I came in here. I mean I don't smoke in real life, I find it a disgusting habit, especially when people do it in public where others are forced to just deal with it. I mean my mom and some of my friends have really bad asthma and it makes them sick. However (1) I don't mind virtual representations of it, I mean virtually smoking can't kill you (2) that was so awful how they just TOOK our stuff without telling us. I mean not selling it anymore/making new items would have been one thing - but just soul binding things we had bought in the past? Lame! So yay reversal!

And yea, actually I don't find too many people who dislike Honda, indifferent maybe. I dunno, I just don't like him because he sucks at children's card games....haha, j/k j/k. Although, the majority of characters I dislike DO happen to not be duelists - Anzu, Honda, Shizuka, Kisara. Although some are, so it's not a total pattern - Grandpa, Rebecca, Weevil.

I do like Tristan WAY more in TAS though than in the series, I'll give you that there.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:05 pm
Yeah, totally understand the asthma thing; I have it too, and it's really hard to breathe around people smoking. ^^;; It especially sucks walking around campus, where everyone seems to always be smoking... but I also have friends who smoke, and they're very respectful, and understand when I need to keep a distance from them.
But yeah, I have no problem with virtual tobacco. I mean, we already have super gory items and stuff; it doesn't necessarily mean Gaia is promoting people to be skinned alive just because of the Death Whisper. XD;; It was silly to do that in the first place, but it's nice to know Gaia listens to its whiny users.
You may not care for those characters so much because they don't get many chances to be shown being cool. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:50 am
Yea, I mean I have friends who smoke too and MOST are respectful of their friends and stuff. It's just not too many are respectful of strangers, and I find myself surrounded by strangers more often than friends - especially within the realms of campus life, or SF ^_~. Try not to let it bother me too much though.

But yea, I don't buy into representation promotes imitation, so yea banning virtual items makes no sense, and I'm glad people complained. I was going to but was too shocked and appalled by the whole thing to be coherent. Luckily the problem managed to resolve without my help.

I dunno about "cool," I tend to love dorks more often than not, but yea, they get less of a chance to show individualized personalities. Honda/Tristian I think gets a little too one dimensionalized as being girl crazy, which was also my issue with Brock in Pokemon.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:25 pm
True, it seems like random people smoking in public make no effort to stay out of crowds or anything.
I honestly can't say that the banning of the tobacco items bothered me too much. I felt that it was a silly thing to do, but I never cared for any of those items anyway, so it didn't bother me personally, and didn't give me enough motivation to complain. I am glad others took a stand for what they wanted though. ^^
Awww, Brock's my favorite character in Pokemon. XD;; Even though I didn't really care for his 'girl crazy' side. It was cute and funny sometimes, but overall what I liked about Brock were the more developed character features he had, like being the mature voice of reason, being a good 'house wife,' being the most intelligent of the twerps, being the oldest, and just being himself overall. ^^ As for Honda, he only ever seemed to really be portrayed as girl crazy when Shizuka was involved. Jounouchi seemed way more into the ladies than Honda did, at least in the early series. After that, it's like all the guys (except Honda and Otogi for Shizuka) just became cardgamesexuals or something. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:54 pm
I have some of those items, like the cigs and stuff I didn't care, but I have a pipe thing that I rather like. I had no intention of selling it, but still, the fact that I couldn't sell something I had bought bothered me. They made up for it by adding extra poses to the cigs...that makes sense ~_~.

Haha, yes I remember Brock is your favorite, and once again I'm sorry for just not caring for your characters, haha. I don't want to replace him or change him though, just don't care for him. And yea, but it seems like the most prominent roll Honda played - to me - was during the whole Shizuka chasing scene. I mean I have seen DK/BC way more than all the other arcs (which I've only seen once) so maybe he does get more than I remember, perhaps I just ignored him later in the series after being not so impressed in the beginning.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:01 pm
Yeah, I can definitely understand why people were upset, and agreed in their cause; I just wasn't personally offended. That's funny though that they added new poses. XD
Heehee, s'okay. I always like the goody-goodies, or the dorky characters that don't get much love, so I'm used to it. Honda did have some other important roles though, like saving Mokuba's body in Duelist Kingdom, and having a 'final' showdown with Yami no Bakura, knocking enough sense into Jounouchi to support Shizuka and compete in Battle City, he 'dies' in the Virtual World and ends up being the character to have their body taken by the Big Five, plus he gets to be a monkey, and also had is mind taken over by Yami no Bakura in the Egypt Arc. Not to mention how he was far more of a prominent character in the early manga. Yes, so overall he tends to be more of a hindrance than help, but I still love the guy. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:30 pm
I actually laughed out loud a bit when I saw them. And they are things like "burn out" or whatever too, so it's like, ok we equipped the negative attributes of smoking into the posses? Doesn't that just seem a bit jacked?

I was sent this quote a few days ago: Lol has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say"

I realize that is so true. If I'm ACTUALLY laughing out loud (like stated above), than I tend to just type the whole phrase out. An lol from me at best amounts to I'm laughing on the inside.

I tend to like some dorky characters, but rarely goody-goodies, so yea, you hoard those goody goodies! I won't fight you for them! And that's true, he did go after Mokuba, twas very nice. I found being a monkey very fitting for him too *giggles*. I think I find Honda more likeable solo - he has his epic moments when he's alone, he tends to become a bit of a joke within the group, comic relief.  

JuokasKurvas
Vice Captain

Dangerous Citizen

11,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:24 pm
That is quite silly. XD
Yeah, I've seen that quote before. I almost never do, and never really have, put Lol in response to something. It's even underlined by my spell check, and I add always add words that I use often to the dictionary so it doesn't give them the red line. I usually use XD if something is mildly funny to me. If someone was funny enough to make me laugh out loud, I usually announce it as well. Only time I use anything similar to Lol is if I'm laughing at something in kind of a dorky manner, in which case I use Lawl... and that more implies that I'm actually saying "Lawl" instead of laughing. XD;;
Yay, goody-goodies! <3 Yeah, Honda can be epic on the rare moments he's alone. And I definitely see him a lot as a comedy relief character in the anime, but much of my love for him actually stems from his manga counterpart. Though I normally prefer the anime, there are just some things in the manga I find better-done, Honda's characterization being one of them. Jounouchi is definitely more of the comedy relief character to me in the manga. Honda is more mature, intelligent, and patient than him. He's usually the character that's telling Jounouchi to calm down and think things through, rather than Anzu, like in the anime. He's not a genius by any means, and he can still be goofy, but overall, he definitely thinks things through, and has some interesting skills, like sharp-shooting. ^^ I tend to like characters like that, that can be used as both comic relief and mature characters. Jounouchi is kind of like that as well, though his cases tend to be more extreme.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff