Reply The Lolita Society.
Alice lolitas? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibirobokitti

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:06 pm
Hello, I'm new here and have many opinions about lolita but I'm curious of the popular opinion. Do people not like Alice lolitas? I mean the blue dress, the white apron, the black shoes and bow. I'm afraid some people may see it as 'too cosplay' or some other.
I'm going to my first loli shindig this saturday and since it's halloween-month and I love Alice, I'd figure I'd go Alice-style. I've just been looking through lolitafashion.org and it seemed they'd be opposed to it, but I trust gaia loli's more, so...please lend me your opinions!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:11 pm
I have to say... If it's a style completely based around the "Alice" character, it feels more cosplay than lolita to me. It's a costume, right? You're trying to look like Alice, so that's more of a costume than lolita. It can most certainly be a lolita-inspired Alice costume, but not strictly lolita?

It also depends a lot on the length of the dress, fabric, cut/style and other factors like that.

Basically, the Alice costume has potential to be lolita inspired, by giving it poof and lolita details, but an Alice halloween costume is not lolita to me... It's cosplay?

You could also do an Alice-inspired lolita, but I feel like that would have to incorporate more than the blue dress, white socks, black shoes-- you could get teacup or card necklaces/jewelry/hairstuffs, socks with cards or teacups on them, a blue dress with more details than the typical Alice dress, an apron with more ruffles-- Something like that?  

Sunless Geraniums

Chibirobokitti

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:29 pm
I'm thinking of mostly princess-y accessories, like a crown pin on my hair bow and pearls and maybe a rose pinned to my apron. Like...Cinderella meets Alice, I suppose.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:42 pm
Chibirobokitti
I'm thinking of mostly princess-y accessories, like a crown pin on my hair bow and pearls and maybe a rose pinned to my apron. Like...Cinderella meets Alice, I suppose.

Sure-- I suppose as long as it's made of good quality material, and it's not just a straight-up Alice costume, it would be pretty lolita heart How about making the Alice dress with a bustle? Or something neat like that-- so it's not just a plain dress. And you could have a neat design on your socks too-- that would be fun biggrin  

Sunless Geraniums

Wynette-Ichigo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:26 pm
I made an Alice dress not long ago. But I didn't want to make it as a costume, so I made it this way.
http://StrawberryDoki.deviantart.com/art/Alice-Dress-132308940
The blouse and the skirt are separate, so they can be worn with other outfits. As for the apron, I wasn't crazy about making it too frilly, so I gave it a more classic look. Roses and crowns will add that nice Himeloli touch as long as you don't overdo it.
Hope this will inspire you!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:05 pm
I only have till this Saturday so I may not make the perfect outfit, but I love the ideas. And Wynette's dress is lovely! I have some better ideas now, thank-you very much.  

Chibirobokitti

animelover357

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:41 pm
I've seen that the Alice costume has gotten popular over the decades but I didn't think it would be counted as a lolita cosplay... question  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:41 pm
cosplay Alice!!
XD
Would you like to see?  

Vanilla Aisukurimu

Fire-cat14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:43 pm
to me if you dress exactly like her then its a cosplay. But some dresses i have seen that are not exactly alice but are based around the theme of the movie seem ok to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:14 pm
If you copy a particular dress, then it's definitely cosplay. But a lolita can draw inspiration for an outfit from anything. Desserts like shortcake and cupcakes, flowers, even literary characters. I've got a sketch of a country loli Dorothy I'm quite pleased with. Why not Alice? As long as you put effort and attention into it, I'm sure it will come out nicely.
Just don't buy an Alice costume from a store and try to dress it up. The fabric's usually terrible and the skirts tend to be too short. It's better, in my opinion at least, to have a dress of the right shape with no lace and ruffles than to have a very lacy dress in the wrong shape. Others may disagree with me on that one.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Razzberry Pi

Desirable Codger

13,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:20 pm
I recently went to an Alice in Wonderland met up (as Alice). Everyone dressed up as different characters. I loved our loli white rabbit!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:21 pm
That's what I was thinking. I figured Alice-ish would be a Blue lolita dress, with white trim, white socks, and black shoes and hair-piece. I didn't want it to look identical to any alice I've seen before, just with the cute wonderland feel...Maybe with some card or tea party motif.  

Chibirobokitti

Fire-cat14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:45 am
That sounds great. you should do that  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:09 pm
You do not necessarily have to look like Alice herself but could get an Alice theme dress or skirt such as the ones here >>>

http://www.clobbaonline.com/web_images/rose_melody_alice_in_wonderland_one_piece.jpg

http://www.clobbaonline.com/web_images/rose_melody_alice_in_wonderland_skirt_3.jpg

http://www.clobbaonline.com/web_images/rose_melody_alice_in_dreamland_skirt_2.jpg

http://www.clobbaonline.com/web_images/rose_melody_alice_in_wonderland_cutsew.jpg

These are by Rose Melody *  

Raspberry Panic

Chibirobokitti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:53 pm
those are all darling and I love them. heart w heart  
The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items