Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Religion, strict???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:28 pm
In the study of world history, I have never seen stricter rules then religion itself.
A PERFECT example are the Quakers.
Quakers are old-time Christians who had STRONG RULES.
They believed woman would go to hell for cutting their hair.
They also believed alcohol was Satan juice, apparently.
Probably abunch more stricter rules.

Some other examples is Islam.
There is a day where followers, even children, most go an entire 24 ( or 12 ) without eating or drinking. Ridiculous. Atleast China supplied some food everyday and had room to lend 13 trillion dollars.

Ask yourself, can you find anything in the world that DOES have stricter rules then religion?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:06 pm
My house? My parents have well to put it LIGHTLY... Bitching since I became an atheist... pushing 'god' into my face alot more then when I was an Agnostic... My parents doont drunk or anything... and they dont even go to church but they act like their the prophets or something...

But the Islam thing is about the passover, or something, its a holiday... I think *ponders* and its a month where they dont eat during the day... only at night.  

Emerald Warrior Jewel

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:00 pm
I believe the jewish religion is the most strict.

It forces you to go through a bar-mitzvah or you're not technically a man, during which you have to study on an ancient language and read a chapter in a reallly really long book of symbols that resemble Pi. Also: no pork or shelfish.

Seriously, a religion without bacon and crab-meat!
gonk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:04 pm
Pirate Captain Sushi

It forces you to go through a bar-mitzvah or you're not technically a man, during which you have to study on an ancient language and read a chapter in a reallly really long book of symbols that resemble Pi. Also: no pork or shelfish.

gonk

Yeah but when you take into account on who whines the most... its the Christians... the b***h and moan about how God is great, they put god into everything.
BC, AD, Songs, the Pledge of Alligence... everything HAS to related to God or we're all going to hell... and if you dont believe, they apparently have the 'right' to drag you to FCA, and quote the bible... and say God waaaay to much to be heathly...  

Emerald Warrior Jewel

FuzzBall 005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:42 am
Pirate Captain Sushi

gonk

I went to a friends bar-mitzvah were we got handed panphlets (Sry cant speel gewd) with what he would be reading...When I tried to read it along with all the others I was pronouncing it all wrong.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:59 am
I think it depends more on culture the religion comes from.
Islam is most interesting to me, as this whole restriction stuff is justified by improving one's excellence and development. They think they're better if they don't drink or use drugs. There is a point in that.  

Raticiel

In Search of a Dream

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:10 am
Pirate Captain Sushi

gonk

Life without bacon or ribs would be horrible...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:04 pm
It feels good to be an atheist.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash