Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:04 am
http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Oct-0-2009/Game08/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL100809&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL100809-_-email-_-PCGameE0-_-PEEK&cm_lm=you@yourplace.com

Sure, it's not slim, but I believe that makes it backwards compatible with the PS2. Also, 20 dollar MGS4: Guns of the patriots.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:28 am
Dollars mean nothing to me. neutral  

Super Cheesio

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:04 am
I'd buy it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:15 am
Quote:
The 160GB PS3 in the Uncharted bundle only has two USB ports, is not backwards compatible with PS2 game disks, and does not have any flash-card support built-in.

http://playstation.about.com/od/hardwareandaccessories/a/160gbPS3specs.htm  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:17 pm
Kuzodav
Quote:
The 160GB PS3 in the Uncharted bundle only has two USB ports, is not backwards compatible with PS2 game disks, and does not have any flash-card support built-in.

But the 160 GB models are supposed to have the emotion chip for PS2 games! GODDAMNIT SONY!

My PS2 has been reading slow, once I cleaned the diode it could read discs atleast, but slowly. Or perhaps I've just been spoiled by the wii's processor... Nope, it's definately slower than it was before >:1 I decided to play Kingdom hearts 2 and some scenarios took up to 2 minutes to read.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:36 pm
Until Sony stops effing up their products, since your looking for something to still play PS2. Your better off finding a PS2 slim at a yard sale or the pawn shop. Unless you go to e-bay or something, and bid on a regular PS3 that offers PS2 game compatibility.  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,125 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:54 pm
Sony has the software to emulate the emotion chip, but they just won't release it. I think they still make PS2 slims.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:11 pm
Sorry, already got a PS3.

EDIT: But MGS4 is interesting...  

The Rawk Hawk

Fashionable Nerd

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200

wariodude128

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:17 pm
[Kegan]
Kuzodav
Quote:

But the 160 GB models are supposed to have the emotion chip for PS2 games! GODDAMNIT SONY!

See, THIS is why I want a Wii60 and not a PSWii. With the 360, there's an ever expanding number of XBox games you can play on it. There's even a site that has a list of all the ones that are confirmed playable. Sony, on the other hand, decided to be a d**k. Man, this fact might just hurt Sony as badly as how the the PS3 controller didn't have rumble in it. Sure, there are those that have it now, but I think the damage has been done.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:23 pm
wariodude128
[Kegan]
Kuzodav
Quote:

See, THIS is why I want a Wii60 and not a PSWii. With the 360, there's an ever expanding number of XBox games you can play on it. There's even a site that has a list of all the ones that are confirmed playable. Sony, on the other hand, decided to be a d**k. Man, this fact might just hurt Sony as badly as how the the PS3 controller didn't have rumble in it. Sure, there are those that have it now, but I think the damage has been done.

o god, u cant plai ps2 gaemz on ur ps3

lookz liek u'll hav 2 pay 20 bukz for a ps2 and memori card in order 2 enoy teh games you alredy own 4 teh ps2

w8, y do i hav gaemz 4 a consol i dunt own?  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:58 pm
[Kegan]
Sony has the software to emulate the emotion chip, but they just won't release it. I think they still make PS2 slims.

Seriously guys, they filed a patent and everything.

If anything, this is why you should hate them.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:07 pm
[Kegan]
[Kegan]

That's not a reason to hate them.

They're just making money. I buy a PS3 to play *gasp* PS3 games.  

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:22 am
Decavolty
[Kegan]
[Kegan]

That's not a reason to hate them.

They're just making money. I buy a PS3 to play *gasp* PS3 games.

th-that's unheard of!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:38 am
ITT: People being dramatically uninformed.

The reason why they stopped putting the PS2 backwards compatibility in the PS3s is because they kept getting complaints that the PS3s were breaking down. They found out that it was that little piece of the hardware that was doing it, so they took it out.

Oh dear, you might still need to have a PS2! OH NOEZ!  

Mephisto D

Social Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff