Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Religion resort to insults Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dl1371

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:56 pm
Today, in science class me and this kid were arguing, after I make a point he suddenly starts going on,"If atheists ruled the world then a little kid would come home to his parents and go,"Mommy, I'm going outside" and the mom would respond,"okay, what are you going to be doing?" and he would reply, "I'm gonna go f*** some b******." and the mommy would go,"okay, have fun." and the kid would say,"okay, I might not come home until 11 because I'll be out f****** people"..." and he went on like, when he finally stopped, I asked him he thought that would happen, and he replied that since atheists don't believe in punishment in the afterlife, they're immoral, although you could say that's a valid point(even though I don't think it is), he could have just said,"Since atheists don't believe in punishment in the afterlife they don't have morals." and it would have saved him a slap on the face. I've noticed a whole lot of people doing this actually, instead of actually arguing, the resort to making fun of atheists, with points that aren't even true. I want to know if anyone else has been having the same problem, and if so how to deal with it because it's really pissing me off.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:07 pm
sorry about all the cursing
but thats what he really said
he actually said a lot more cursing
but i wont put that  

dl1371

Dark Lord Erebus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:11 pm
well no one has ever said that to my face but i know there are those kinds of dicks out there, what i think is that you don't need religion to know that something is just wrong like:
"do you think that having sex with a 5 year old is wrong?"
seriously there's only one answer, and for the saying "If you don't believe in an afterlife it doesn't matter what you do in life." well doing immoral acts will get you incarcerated for years of your life and it could destroy not only your life but your family's life but if it is unforgivable you could lose your life itself now isn't that a reason to not to to bad things.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:32 pm
Wasn't that taken from a satire video on youtube?  

In Search of a Dream

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:32 pm
they're not being good believers because I mean aren't they suppose to not judge ...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:45 pm
The only type of insult I've gotten somewhat like that is a guy yelled at me that I was going to hell. The teacher heard and made him sit out for the rest of class (we were doing a fun activity that day).
However, if someone were to say something like that to me (what the dude said to you), I'd probably beat their a**.

The Emoholic

dl1371

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:30 pm
The Emoholic
The only type of insult I've gotten somewhat like that is a guy yelled at me that I was going to hell. The teacher heard and made him sit out for the rest of class (we were doing a fun activity that day).
However, if someone were to say something like that to me (what the dude said to you), I'd probably beat their a**.

my school is full of religious teachers
so if i did beat his a** like i wanted to, he would have told on me and i would have gotten suspended
if my school wasn't so messed up i would have  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:09 pm
If that bullshit "immoral" argument was used on me, I'd probably say (or I would like to say), "So, the only thing stopping you from hurting someone else is the threat of punishment, while I actually care about how my actions affect others, and this makes you better I am? How does that work?"  

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:25 pm
Christians do it because these young immature youth can't support their belief in scientific terms so they result to showing how ridiculous someone else's beliefs to show that their beliefs aren't. It is quite stupid, really.

Some kids group science and Atheism together which is wrong.
However, I rather believe that I can stand on the earth due to the gravity by all the planets and their alignment then the belief that some silly, large white man wit a huge beard spends his time keeping our feet to the ground.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:44 pm
Captain_Shinzo
Christians do it because these young immature youth can't support their belief in scientific terms so they result to showing how ridiculous someone else's beliefs to show that their beliefs aren't. It is quite stupid, really.

Some kids group science and Atheism together which is wrong.
However, I rather believe that I can stand on the earth due to the gravity by all the planets and their alignment then the belief that some silly, large white man wit a huge beard spends his time keeping our feet to the ground.

actually the kid was a muslim
but ive noticed that christians like to use that argument too  

dl1371

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:07 pm
Pixel Mine
If that bullshit "immoral" argument was used on me, I'd probably say (or I would like to say), "So, the only thing stopping you from hurting someone else is the threat of punishment, while I actually care about how my actions affect others, and this makes you better I am? How does that work?"

This should hinder their whole argument.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Eh.
When they say things like that, just point out "So what? Sex is a pleasurable activity, why is it actually wrong to go out and ******** the accusation of immorality, and turn it on its head. Put them into a spot where they have to answer to you.

"Your angry, blue-balled sky-god says to be celibate and not ******** outside marriage, and that is all. There is no other reason that you can come up with. Start complaining about atheists when you have a reason to not do stuff besides 'the Sky-Demon said so!'"  

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:18 pm
Pixel Mine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:22 pm
I suppose another good method of countering their point would be to explain the evolution of morals.  

Takki33

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:26 pm
That kid was probably just immature.
It's not really fair to judge his religion.
I've seen atheists act like way bigger jerks.

But yeah, like Pixel Mine said, I don't need the threat of eternal damnation to be a good person.
He's immoral.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces