Reply Classical Musicians Guild
What's Your Musical Goal this (School) Year? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gjornia X

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:50 pm
Every year before school starts I like to set a goal. It doesn't have to be complicated. It could be something as small as buying a tuner whee or as big as getting audition tapes in the mail on time.

This year my musical goal is to be able to transpose between all the clefs in my head faster and memorize (and play well) all the scales and arpeggios in my scale book.

What's yours? wink

(and maybe at the end of this (school) year we can check back to see if we've accomplished it, or if our goal changed any 3nodding )
UPDATE! 1/16/10 I can transpose between bass and alto clef much faster than this time last year, and I have all 3 octave scales, major and minor, memorized. Still working on arpeggios.

whee  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:53 pm
I would personally LOVE to play the full Moonlight Sonata and be able to hit at least a high A in my vocal range and be able to Sing Time To Say Goodbye flawlessly and O Mio Babbino Caro flawlessly  

Blessed Conduit of Christ

Eros Philia Agape

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:39 am
i'm gonna listen to all christmas songs smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:02 pm
Better my voice quality. Because amongst everyone in my college choir, I sound like a middle schooler. x_x My voice just sounds...young compared to everyone else who has a more mature voice. xD  

Sakura Latte

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:05 pm
Make it to state solo, and I want to actually qualify this year instead of just an alternate and happening to make it to state.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:05 pm
my goal is to play Stairway to Heaven on the guitar.  

Naiya Taiyou

Pippa Skye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:19 am
Composing! So far I've only transcribed music and written random melodies/sections down, but never actually finished an entire composition. Oh and I need to get better at Logic Studio!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:44 pm
Make 1st Chair Oboe in APSU Wind Ensemble!
Make 1st Chair Oboe in APSU Orchestra!
Make Carolina Crown on Euphonium!  

Elektric_Sugar_Pop

Fashionable Shopper

Escargot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:50 pm
Get accepted to a conservatory for my Masters.

Goal accomplished. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:23 am
Congratulations!  

Gjornia X

Jellyrum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:25 pm
my goal is to extent my vocal range a (g in bass clef- to a high c treble lef) just a few steps higher to a e above the staff.
to impfove my viola and violin skills. and to pick up cello really fast when i start my lessons.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 pm
My goal is to become more confident in my playing.

It's been holding me back big time in performing, especially as a soloist. It's time for me to become more confident, I think!  

Everlasting Radiance

Chief Chilly

4,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:06 pm
My goal is to get really good on the bassoon, since i started not too long ago. To improve on my clarinet  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:08 pm
My goal is to become super confident when I play, memorize as many partials as I can (French Hornist right here XD,) and to become even MORE expressive with everything I do musically. : )  

havishanta

The Color Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:11 pm
To get a 1 on my solo for the solo & ensemble contest and to get the outstanding soloist award.  
Classical Musicians Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff