Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
DARIEN'S A SLUT Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is he a slut?
  MAJOR HOAR
  Kind of, but not really...
  Nah...
View Results

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

==========
A very small degree of hope

heart Think about it. It's more...obvious in the manga than in the anime, but think about it!
Here, I'll even point out the stuff in each!

ANIME:

1st season: Darien becomes brainwashed, and is all over Queen Beryl. I dunno if they give a reason for her brainwashing him in the original, but they don't in the dub

2nd season: This consists of 2 parts really. The first being when he doesn't have any memories of the Silver Millenium and is only friends with Serena. Ann goes after him and he's sorta stuck with whatever she puts him through. He was even taking her flowers in one of the last episodes of the Ann/Allen filler.
The second part isn't so much slutty. Darien stays away from Serena, but he is shown at one point (in a hypnotizing vision from Wiseman to Sailor Moon) that he was in love with Rini. If there was any indication of anything in the original, I don't know much about it.

3rd: This is perhaps one of the only seasons where he's not used in any/many ways, so I'll skip this one

4/5th: I'm combining these two because the same enemy wants him (Nehelania), but she attacks for him during the first 4 or so episodes of Stars....so....ya. O! And Rini's wish to become big? Influenced once again by Darien xP

MANGA

1st part: The only reason Beryl fused herself with Metallia in the first place was because she saw Endymion and Serenity during the Silver Millenium and desired him.

2nd: In the stuff with Rini and Crystal Tokyo, he left Sailor Moon to do the fighting so he wouldn't feel like a burden and so that he could take care of Rini. BUT however, it all backfires since Rini hypnotizes him after she became Black Lady. She even kisses him in front of Sailor Moon (which is really gross and incestual if you think about it)

3rd: Once again, this part (The Death Busters) doesn't have much. But the manga did show that Serena and Darien were approached by either Michiru or Haruka, though Serena moreso since Haruka (as Darien says) "always looks like he has something he wants to tell you". But I must point out, Serena does get jealous or ponders why Darien and Michiru talk the few times they do

4th: The main thing I can think about is the wish of Rini and Serena's that switches their bodies. Rini thinks about being more grown up and "being like Bunny" because she still likes/loves Darien. Other than that, I can't think of anything in the manga since Darien was sick most of this arc

5th: You don't see it until the end of the 3 volumes for Stars since he's the first of the "Scouts" on Earth to be killed. Close to the end though, you see his body alive, kissing Galaxia, the Sapphire Crystal on her chest, then the ground she walks on

So do you all see what I mean?! Discuss heart

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:12 am
well i think that hes more of a sweet heart then any thing  

moka_101

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:53 pm
princess Ai_TOKYOPOP

==========
A very small degree of hope

heart sweatdrop

I don't mean he's an actual slut. I just mean that over the many times he's brainwashed and what not, look what happens. This was more of a funny idea that popped into my head heart

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:04 pm
i guess you have a point. but he's not a slut. i just think of him as a wimp  

KittyChic1029

Invisible Cat

9,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

-Senka-of-Darkness-

Firebreathing Otaku

15,500 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Team Charger 100
  • Power Converter 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:07 pm
he is not i think he cute i date him any day lol  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:33 am
I don't think he's a slut, so much as the knight in distress. In a story where all the superheros are women there isn't a damsel in distress but a knight in distress.

And he's right. He really is a terrible burden to bunny/sailor moon. What with constantly being kidnapped.

He's not really a play boy or slut but one does have to question a 17 year old (older in the anime, where he mentions he's gone to college) seems to go out with a stream of either 14 year olds (Rei, Bunny etc) or seemingly 14 year olds (Anne)

My only guess is that it's not looked upon the same way in Japan as it is in the states.  

NichiTsukinoko

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:22 am
And you would be correct. Not that I'm a great study of Japanese culture or anything...

But then again when you think about it Mamoru's 17 to Usagi's 14- there's only a three year difference. So, it's not really that bad.

(anime..I'm still scratching my head with the US Dub. Because they say hes' 20 to Usagi's 14/15 - Actually I only heard her mention her birthday Once which was in Super. So really I'm more of a WTF Dub then not.)

Anime- I think he's still probably around 17-18. Because he turns around and attends college (for the first time) but Meh.

But yeah, the formula in Magical Girl animes are pretty much one of two things: a 'Lord' In distress or 'Everyone wants the girl and constantly kidnaps her'.

Sometimes it's both. >>;

But yeah, Mamoru's no more of a 'slut' then Usagi is. - Motoki, Mamoru, Diamond, Haruka, Seiya, the Evil!Sol Senshi, Dark Prince Endymion- *shrugs* Ok can take out Mamoru and Endymion bit.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:15 pm
in one of my salior moon books, it did say something about beryl having a crush with darien in the silver millenium. maybe that is why she barinwashed him in the anime. that maybe after all the scouts were killed off, those two would become lovers??  

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250

Nosumu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:05 am
well if you think about it Usagi and Mamoru are lovers for what ever reasons can't exactly stay true. XD
i haven't read the manga but in the anime the only other charater i can rebemer falling of everyone is poor makoto and it's more of a joke, ze?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:58 pm
princess Ai_TOKYOPOP

yup...  

pretty_young_panda

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Fiona_Gryphin

Gracious Gaian

6,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:49 pm
he couldn't control himself if he was hynotized  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:33 pm
i think if you've seen the english dubbed series, then it won't make much sense at all and they'll change the story around.
if you watch the japanese subbed one, you can see all the missings episodes the enlglish one cut out. mrgreen  

Nekomimisam

Wheezing Cat

9,875 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

SG Tuxedo Kamen

4,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:58 am
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:35 pm
Personally, I really, really hate Mamoru. So if there is any bad talking about him, I will gladly agree with you. (I'm sorry to all the Mamoru fans out there. Please don't lynch me.)  

Pudding McMuffin

8,100 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

inu_fan77777

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:40 pm
well you forgot to mention the sailormoon movies and his relationship with
zoisite who is also a man and rini and sailor mars are the same way rini with parearoo (think i spelled tat wrong) and rae with chad and tuxedo mask/darrien etc.
also serenas storry doesnt help either mamoru, than Haruka and seiya yup all a bunch of whores but either way Im loyally In love with sailormoon!! 3nodding  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff