Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Halloween Contest! ~Winners announced! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:33 am
WINNERS!
1st Place: OmniaVanitus
2nd Place: Yagi_Yuki
3rd Place: DemonLadySesshomaru

Congratulations to the winners! heart

Sorry for my absence from the guild. I had a good friend died two weeks ago and it's just been a little rough since. However, I can think of no better way to cheer up then start a Halloween contest and give out a few prizes.

What's the contest? To make the scariest avi you can! That's right, we want to be terrified by ghouls and ghosts and other phantasmagoria. Please read all the rules. This isn't just an avi contest and for you to be accepted there are several other things you have to do.

1. This is Halloween, so make those avis scary!
2. No tektek. Please make sure to use your own inventory.
3. Each scary avi must have a coffee mug/beverage cup/something to drink out of somewhere on the avi. These can be bought for fairly cheep (coffee mugs are under 1k), so don't skip out!
4. For your entry to be complete, I need 2-3 paragraphs about how the monster you've created takes their drink. It can be a role play of them walking into the coffee shop and ordering, or how they act before their first cup of joe in the morning. I do need at least 2-3 paragraphs.
5. Have fun!

Prizes:

First prize: 15k
Second prize: 10k
Third prize: 5k

Contestants will be judged on the scariness of the avi, the quality of 2-3 paragraphs, and (of course) the obligatory coffee mug. Show us what you caffeine depraved monsters are made of!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:30 pm
When are you planning to close, Mem? I'm away in Ireland next week. XD

Sorry to hear about your friend.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

DemonLadySesshomaru

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:26 pm
There is none that is scarier than I. No human made monster could ever be more evil than the centuries-old DemonLady.
User Image

As I wander through the wasteland of this tiny Asian Island country, I see how humans treat one another. Their dead lie scattered among the ruins of what used to be a village at the base of my home, Mt Fuji. I relish such times when the humans go to war and slaughter each other, for it gives me a chance to come out and dine and drink.

I remember the first time I happened upon such a sight. It was in the mid-1500's. A group of Samurai had just slaughtered an entire village, such as this. I don't get involved in human affairs, but it was a blood bath. Ah, the smell of rotting corpse and the stench of spilled blood. It was fragrant and so alluring.

I was astonished that the savage warriors just left their bounty of blood and body behind, scattered in wait for the taking by any demon that happened by. Well, this demon was not going to let good rotting flesh and spilled blood go to waste. As soon as the humans and their four-legged steeds were over the hill and out of eyesight, I and my dragon swooped down from the top of the mount and landed at the outskirts of the village.

It was a feast to be had, and I wanted my fill. My dragon also was hungry for the taste of decaying flesh. As I alit from his back, I gingerly walked among the bodies, not wanting to step on potential meals, till I came to a newly killed one, took my sword, cut off the head and allowed the blood to flow into my cup. Ah! The taste of warm, sweet and salty human blood. Wonderful!

Soon, after we had as much as our stomachs could hold, I emptied a cask of it's wine that was still sitting by a burned-out hut. I filled it will as much of the blood that I could drain from the warm bodies and tied a few of the colder ones to the back of my dragon for him to use as fodder later. In what seemed like no time, we were flying back to the entrance to my cave in the Mount, waiting for signs that another battle was to take place.

Oh, those were the days. Free food and drink for all to be had, if you had a liking for that kind of food and drink that is. And I did. I still do, but, alas, no samurai here to accommodate me like before. No battles here anymore. Sigh twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:24 pm
User Image

This is as scary as Mamarita gets- sorry- but I am not the demonic type, I am the angelic type- more for Xmas and New Years, etc.

Anyway:

It was a cold and blustery autumn night. For some reason, the temperatures were far colder than I could remember from past autumns, and we were having an unusually early snow. The clock in the town square was just about to chime midnight on All Hallow's Eve, the scariest night of the year, if you believed in such things. (I don't for the record)

For me the night was all about parties and costumes and having fun. Who were those ancient Druids that started this wondrous holiday? They must have been some real party goers.

Anyway, I was out going to a party and my fingers and toes started to get very chilled, so I ducked into a dark cafe to get something warm to drink. Inside was the wildest party scene I had ever encountered. There were people dressed as every kind of imaginable ghoul and goblin.

Suddenly, from behind me, a man, at least I think it was a man, offered me a warm and toasty drink. I was in a partying mood, so I accepted the cup. The liquid smelled sweet, a bit musky, and it was warm to my lips. As I sipped it, a tingling sensation struck my tongue and the back of my throat. It had a mildly sweet liqueur flavor I couldn't quite place, but not at all unpleasant. A few sips later and the chill had left my body.

Soon I was laughing and singing and drinking with the costumed friends I was now making. I don't know how long I was there, but I didn't really want to go. So, I stayed, and stayed, and stayed. And, actually, as I am writing this story, I must tell you, I am still at this same little cafe. It's funny, the night never seems to end here, and no one seems to be getting drunk, but I know I must have overstayed and missed my other party. But, when you are having fun and making new fiends, I guess it's not so bad.

Oh, I did finally find out my host's name. Drake U. Lar. I know I heard his name before, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:47 pm
@PL: Probably a day or two after Halloween.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:23 pm
User Image

See how she sits atop her web,
Waiting and watching for her beautiful prey.
A succulent fly,
A juicy moth,
Her very survival depends on these.

Oh, how she prospers when she feeds,
Oh how she flourishes.

Watch as she sits atop her web,
As she feasts and dine on her beautiful prey.
Her succulent flies,
Her juicy moths,
Her survival ensured.

Oh how disastrous her web has become,
Oh how devastating.

Look as she tries to rebuild her web,
As she tries to grasp at the threads that create her disheveled life.
Her succulent flies,
Her juicy moths,
All is lost.

A meaningless existence of growth and devastation,
The essence of her survival.

Pity her as she clings to her fragile web,
As she tries in vain to become more than what she is destined for.
A succulent fly,
A juicy moth,
Her purpose served.

~~~~~

With so much work to do on her web, it's nice to just sit back with a relaxing bottle of rum, or perhaps in accompaniment a freshly caught meal. She’s happy to offer you a seat at her table to share in her meal and drink, though you may find the price too high to accept. But be wary of her web, lest you find yourself her permanent guest…as long as her appetite holds out that is.  

OmniaVanitus

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:09 pm
I'll have to give this one a miss I'm afraid, am out of the country and away from the PC for a while.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:47 pm
*I have so many "scary" avatar pictures saved in my journal entry of previous avatars, I had trouble choosing. Also, this is my first piece of writing that I actually wrote for someone else.*

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Some call me an assassin. Some call me a demon. I myself do not classify what I am in this corporeal form. There have been stories in the past, ranging from the dawn of time, of someone like me--someone who murders the innocent, kills unjustly, and protects the graves. What path I follow does not stem from my beliefs or of a previous existence. None of that matters, what matters is protecting what They believe is necessary.

After each kill, I take my sweet time cleansing the blood of the fallen, taking the purities out of the thickening, lustful liquid. As I sit atop a defiled church top with my golden goblet filled with congealing blood, I sit in the moonlight soaking in the darkness, watching for my next victim. Koyagi, my as ever trusting as he could be demon goat, sits next to me, ready to pounce on a little child as they skitter by collecting treats and performing tricks this eve. As my hair flows in the wind, my eyes detect a herd of persky, hormonal foals that are playing with their crosses and knives and holy water, pretending to become a necromancer for just a night. Silly children, they do not know what would come of them if they were able to ever call up someone. That is why I am here, so protect my brethren, and spill the blood of foolish children who get in the way of my benefactors' rulings. Time has come to finish this 14 year old crimson juice and start afresh with the ghouls of humanity below.

Such as on a night like this, I unsheath both of my blades, Zesiro and Yamal, twin blades. I deftly jump from the roof and into the shadows of the night. I don't try to hide myself like I usually do when preparing to end a life. The little ones don't pay any attention to the crackle of twigs Koyagi makes while circling around them. The younger one, turns and sees me. Her pupils dilate, her mouth is agape, and all she can say is, "phantom." No one ever sees me even when looking directly at me. This girl has a strong power that They might deem useful. I swiftly use Zesiro and Yamal on the other 6 intruders of the night, and save the good blood from each. I swipe the young girl up, pounce up back onto the church steeple, and wait for dawn. The girl shivers, falls asleep of fright. The day has come and it is now my turn to descend down to the abyss, where They await for me.

User Image

xBriar_Rose

Aekea Mystic

20,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Bestro Chen Beast Reaper

Friendly Giver

13,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:49 pm
I have two account and the avi I am thinking of using is in my other account can I transfer the picture to here and have that account weir the avi, I think you know it anyway, Bestro Chen.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:17 pm
You can transfer the picture, yes. xd

Everyone's stories are wonderful so far! It's going to be hard judging...  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

OmniaVanitus

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:33 am
If you need help, you can always have some other guild members who arn't participating in the contest help you judge.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:17 pm
Ben229
I have two account and the avi I am thinking of using is in my other account can I transfer the picture to here and have that account weir the avi, I think you know it anyway, Bestro Chen.
why not?  

DemonLadySesshomaru

Aged Hunter

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:01 am
Some of the entrants need to modify their avatars to have a cup or mug, I do believe.

Please give them a chance to either put it on the entry or their regular avatar, Memory.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:56 am
MemoryDragon
3. Each scary avi must have a coffee mug/beverage cup/something to drink out of somewhere on the avi. These can be bought for fairly cheep (coffee mugs are under 1k), so don't skip out!

It doesn't need to be a mug or cup, just something to drink out of.

On mine is a bottle of rum, and on Yagi_Yuki is a glass of red wine.  

OmniaVanitus

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

xBriar_Rose

Aekea Mystic

20,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:58 pm
I'm sorry, I should've said there is a glass of red wine...>>;; I didn't realize it was hard to see. I apologize.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff