Prompts Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:46 am
This is where all the older prompts go so that we don't fill this section with only sticky thread prompts.
Feel free to still use these prompts smile

ps please do not post in this thread.
If you have any questions on the prompts please pm me and I'll clarify the prompt  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:48 am
Prompt 1

The first prompt is a four-part prompt, simple, but fun. It's more to warm up, but work on good, creative description. There isn't going to be any editing or criticism, this is more of a getting-to-know-you thing. Give me a taste of your style!

Prompt #1:
Describe a white room.

Prompt #2:
Describe a body of water.

Prompt #3:
Describe a color, but don't use the name of the color.

Prompt #4:
Describe an animal, also without using its name.

Please keep this a short short descriptive piece.  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:50 am
Prompt 2

Your prompt: Get the biggest, oldest dictionary you can find. Randomly open it, and stick your finger to the page. You have to use the word/definition you land on in your writing somehow. You can base it off the definition, use it in the piece, as a title, whatever.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:02 pm
Prompt 3

Alright, guys, this week's prompt has to be a poem, and at lease 10 lines.

Write a poem to a piece of fruit.

It can be any kind of poem that you like, structured or not, rhyming or not, but it has to be to a piece of fruit. Dont' forget, be creative!  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:06 pm
Prompt 4

Listen to a song. Use the lyrics, the music, the flow, anything that has anything to do with the song, use it to create a short piece. I'd like this to be a shot story, 500-1000 words.

Please include a link to the song when posting your piece.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:09 pm
Prompt 5

Start our your piece, a short story between 250 and 1500 words, with one of these lines:

-I was dressed in a completely inappropriate shade of pink.
-After only two months, Helen decided to become an exotic dancer.
-Dad gave me a wink, like we were apls or something.
-My brother did this weird thing with turtles.
-On Tuesday, Mararet tld me she liked the little oranges with the seeds better than the ones I bought. I hated her for that.

Include one of these somewhere near the middle of your story:

-Eloise was my half-sister, but everyone thought she was my cousin.
-She started taking up a lot of bad habits.
-"You could make a living doing that kind of thing." I suppose I could, but I had never thought about it, until then.
-It wasn't so much that I had been blind to the truth. It was just that I had seen the truth differently.
-On the following Friday, we packed our bags and planned our escape.  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm
Prompt 6

Kill a mobster in a Godfather or Sopranos style story. Make a reference to an orange (the fruit, not the colour) before you make sure that Luca Brasi is sleeping with the fishes. :]  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:17 pm
Prompt 7

Pick your favorite quote, from anywhere. Use it as a part of your story in some way.

Make it a short story, no length requirement, but skirt rule.  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:22 pm
Prompt 8

You just paid x amount of money to buy some thing from the vending machine, but it took your money and gave you nothing in return. Write about how you solve the problem… even if it’s not realistic.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:25 pm
Prompt 9

A character in your story just won the lottery, but there is a problem. Figure our what character and what the problem is.
There's a lot of creative leeway on this one. The only restraints are that you have to have a character who wins the lottery, but there is some sort of problem with it. It could be a problem in recieving/claiming the money, a problem that arises because of the money, etc.

It can be any character, and any problem.  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:30 pm
Prompt 10

Write a piece based off of this quote:

“My life is my message.”
Mahatma Gandhi

It can be any kind of piece, but give it a bit of length. Not too much, but enough to really capture the quote.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:30 pm
Prompt 11

Write a simple poem. Think of a simple time in your life, and write a poem about it.  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:31 pm
Prompt 12

You have been stuck up to the ankles in cement. It was a silly thing to do, but no one seems to notice that you've been standing there for hours. What do you think about / do to amuse yourself? Write either a short story or a script.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:33 pm
Prompt 13

Write a play/movie script. I don't care what it's about or how long it is as long as it's appropriate and is in 'script format'.  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:36 pm
Prompt 14

Create an image by writing a haiku.  
Writing Workshop

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash