Welcome to Gaia! ::

Its Never Too Late

Back to Guilds

This guild is for people who want to have fun and meet new people. We have contests, discussions, and many other threads. So join now! 

Tags: Contests, Friends, Gold, Writing, Free 

Reply 5. Contest and Arenas
Our THIRD Contest! {CLOSED}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ahryssa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:01 pm
It's time for our third tektek contest! This contest will be a little different than our previous contests. For this contest, you will be given a base that you MUST use. The object is to create an avi that best matches the hair on the base.

Rules:
1. You may enter one tektek for every hairstyle.
2. You may NOT change the hair, but you can change the eyes if you need to.
3. You don't have to write a descrition this time, but you MUST come up with a title for your work. [Remember: a title and a name are different.]
4. You may change the gender of the tektek if you wish.
5. You may NOT use a particular item more than twice. [Example: If you use Alruna's rose three times] This is called 'item abuse' and you will lose points if you do it.
6. Be creative and original. We don't want to see an avi that we feel that we've seen before.
7. Crew members may still enter; there will just be a special rating system for them.
8. Try to keep your tekteks in the same post.
9. You need to have posted in the "Lets get to know each other?" thread in the Club House subforum before your submission will be considered.
10. Any questions? PM me.

Select one of the bases below to begin!

Bases:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

[Underwear is only for modesty. You can remove it.]

PRIZE: Holy Gauntlets

Contest will end on November 21st.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:09 am
User Image
Title: Heaven's Champion

User Image
Title: The Well-Armed Assasin  

lxl_Tatsuya_lxl
Crew

6,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Kadoon

Dapper Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:32 pm
I shan't be judging this month, due to being busy sorry.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:36 pm
0xMidnightStarx0

That's understandable. I'll probably end up having to judge everyone myself if no one else applies for crew. sweatdrop  

Ahryssa

I l0_0k like willy w0nka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:26 pm
THE SOAP QUEEN
User Image

umm i only have one 4 now hope u guys like it its kinda randum !  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:10 am
demonikrokkstarr77
0xMidnightStarx0

That's understandable. I'll probably end up having to judge everyone myself if no one else applies for crew. sweatdrop

Really sorry, I will judge next month.  

Kadoon

Dapper Gawker

This is Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:31 pm
User Image
Dreams Take Flight

User Image
Teddy and I

User Image
Mechanical Experiences  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 pm
User Image

The Random Queen  

doodlebob7

Romantic Explorer

6,875 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Sweet Synonym

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:34 pm
Oooo! I'll do some! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:11 pm
User Image
Mistress of Magic

User Image
Electric Pandemonium

User Image
Avenging Prince

User Image
White Swimmer  

Sweet Synonym

Ahryssa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:10 pm
And the winner is: This is Anonymous! Congratulations!
Here are the final scores:
This is Anonymous 109/120
I l0_0k like willy w0nka 102/120
takanara 92/120
shadowfox921 80/120
doodlebob7 61/120
Judge's feedback will be posted later.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Feedback
This is Anonymous
1st tektek
-This avi is stunning. My only problem is the orange color in the wings.
-I love this one's title, it not only fits it but it has a good sound to it. The balance is close but not totally there, overall pretty good.
2nd tektek
- I like this avi, but some of the greys don't match.
-The title's not bad, but i really like the colors used for this to give it a darker kind of look to it.
3rd tektek
-It's unique and the colors match well, but there should've been some red and yellow on the bottom half of the avi as well.
-It's not bad, the colors don't exactly match but it looks pretty decent overall.

I l0_0k like willy w0nka
-Very nice avi but there are still some mistakes. Not all of the light blues in the bubbles/hair/etc. match. There doesn't seem to be a color theme going on. The only thing I see that has to do with the title is the bubbles. Maybe should've added a bar of soap.
-I didn't like this avatar at all. But the colors did match good. It could use some cleaning up. And add more items to it.
-It blends fairly good, but it's a lil on the weird side like you can tell she didn't think too much into what she was doing.

takanara
1st tektek
-The colors don't all match(especially the sword) and they aren't balanced out very well. I like the idea behind the avi, but the lack of balance made it a little awkward.
-I kind of like this avatar, but the colors don't seem to match as well. This is better than second one though. It could use more blue and less yellow. And different hair.
2nd tektek
-I like this avi more than the first, but there is too much black and almost no accent colors. Nothing matches the hair.
-I don't like this avatar. I found their is too much black and not enough blue.

shadowfox921
1st tektek
-The hat doesn't match. I don't see anything that has to do with magic.
-It's seems slightly funky, I can't quite tell why, it could be mostly the hat that's throwing me off, the colors don't match exactly but they're almost there. Not bad though.
2nd tektek
-The blues don't match in this avi. Nice idea, but not as good as it could be.
-The title's kinda cute, the colors are close, but there's not a whole lot to it. It feels on the empty side sort of, and though the plug is cute, it doesn't totally make sense with how there's still sparks. It's ok.
3rd tektek
-There is almost no matching colors or color balance.
-The title is cool and supports the avi, but the only reason there's any balance is because it's spread out more. Nothing really matches at all though.
4th tektek
-The unicorn doesn't match. The colors aren't balanced. Not very original.
-The title matches, but the colors not so much, the balance isn't so good and the unicorn makes no sense really and doesn't help anything.

doodlebob7
-The title definately matches the avi, but the avi has almost no color balance and doesn't match. The wings were a good choice witht the hair, though.
-Ehhhh, I don't want to be so critical on this one, but I honestly did not like it that much, the title suggests they were lazy and didn't get that creative, nothing really matches much, and nothing really has anything to do with anything else in it.  

Ahryssa

This is Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:57 pm
Thanks! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:00 pm
This is Anonymous
Thanks! heart

congrats! 3nodding  

Sweet Synonym

5. Contest and Arenas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff