Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Any Stars news? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jueru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:36 am
Has anyone heard any new updates on Stars? It would be awesome if it were dubbed. A GOOD dub, that is. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:42 am
pretty sure theres not going to be a dub.. I'd keep my eyes open for the dvd box set  

SteelPatrickHarris

Myrandriel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:02 am
There will be a Stars dub when America gets its head out of its a**. 'Til then, you'll have to make due with subs. >.>;  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:32 am
pretty much not going to happen. so think like that and enjoy subs you can get online or on ebay. that way if by some miracle of god there is a domestic release of stars, you can be super excited. but it probably will never happen because of toei.  

pink robotic techno kitty

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:09 am
Even if they did decide to dub it, there is no way you can find good voice actors to play them correctly. Plus, I don't think the actresses of the original senshi would play them again...ever...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:14 am
I do think it's ever going to be, and I think we would all be better off if it wasn't. Sailor Moon does have a pretty bad history with it's English dubs...  

Zahmira

x~Rei_Hino~x

3,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:38 am
They said they would not release it here in America because of the girls changing into guy and the other way around. Also the nudity on the last ep. Sailor Moon is naked the whole time! That was not needed!!! I do have the Stars by the way...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:45 pm
x~Rei_Hino~x
They said they would not release it here in America because of the girls changing into guy and the other way around. Also the nudity on the last ep. Sailor Moon is naked the whole time! That was not needed!!! I do have the Stars by the way...
Well, it was only Barbie doll nudity. It's generally used to represent purity from what I can tell.

Of course, it wouldn't be able to be shown on TV here, but the nudity isn't much more detailed than the transformation sequences, just flesh coloured. I don't see what the big deal is.  

Zahmira

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:12 pm
Toei shut all of Sailor Moon in the vault. No 'uncut DVDs', not TV releases... NOTHING. Phillipines is the only place you can see Sailor Moon, if you speak Spanish. And that will end when their lease on the series runs out. Toei will not renew any contracts for Sailor Moon, and they aren't considering letting anyone have PGSM either. It sucks, but it's their property to sell or not sell.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:31 pm
Zahmira
x~Rei_Hino~x
Well, it was only Barbie doll nudity. It's generally used to represent purity from what I can tell.

Of course, it wouldn't be able to be shown on TV here, but the nudity isn't much more detailed than the transformation sequences, just flesh coloured. I don't see what the big deal is.
I swear, most people are so infantile when it come to the human body. The nake bduy is generall a thing of beauty, not bad as so many thinkg make it out to be, and remeber every one, tru anime, was never intended for lil kids. I hate when they water doen SM to bring to the US and such  

Vemillion1

Zahmira

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:38 pm
kyrana kirri
Toei shut all of Sailor Moon in the vault. No 'uncut DVDs', not TV releases... NOTHING. Phillipines is the only place you can see Sailor Moon, if you speak Spanish. And that will end when their lease on the series runs out. Toei will not renew any contracts for Sailor Moon, and they aren't considering letting anyone have PGSM either. It sucks, but it's their property to sell or not sell.
confused

There are uncut DVDs in North America...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:32 pm
kyrana kirri
actually, i'm pretty sure that sailormoon may still be on re~run in japan. it was about two years ago, at least. that in itself is rather surprising. i know this because one of my issues of nakayosi (the manga magazine/phonebook manga where sailormoon originally ran) had an ad advertising the supers season. 3nodding

and i don't think that statement is entirely true. toei is not "shutting sm in the vault" because they just recently (recently as in 2005) have been re~releasing stars on dvd in japan. it's probably more true if you're refering to overseas--i don't think we're going to see much new things in the way of sailormoon, legally that is. but i think that's mainly because toei believes there's no market over here for it. especially since pretty much all of the episodes have already made it over here in uncut box sets. the only thing we have left is stars and the one or two episodes that missed the box sets. those probably aren't going to happen though, at least in the case of stars. the only way it could be released in america would be with a pg13 or so label, and toei doesn't want to risk the marketablility of sailormoon by identifying it as something that might not be kid friendly.

i've seen a petition for pgsm, but that's probably not going to work either. mainly just because it would be a dubbing nightmare with lipsyncing.

Vemillion1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:45 pm
Zahmira
kyrana kirri
confused

There are uncut DVDs in North America...
Thank God to that. I love uncut anime, so you can see it without the butcherin som place make to make it "suitable" for all  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:59 pm
pink_robotic_techno_kitty
kyrana kirri
actually, i'm pretty sure that sailormoon may still be on re~run in japan. it was about two years ago, at least. that in itself is rather surprising. i know this because one of my issues of nakayosi (the manga magazine/phonebook manga where sailormoon originally ran) had an ad advertising the supers season. 3nodding

and i don't think that statement is entirely true. toei is not "shutting sm in the vault" because they just recently (recently as in 2005) have been re~releasing stars on dvd in japan. it's probably more true if you're refering to overseas--i don't think we're going to see much new things in the way of sailormoon, legally that is. but i think that's mainly because toei believes there's no market over here for it. especially since pretty much all of the episodes have already made it over here in uncut box sets. the only thing we have left is stars and the one or two episodes that missed the box sets. those probably aren't going to happen though, at least in the case of stars. the only way it could be released in america would be with a pg13 or so label, and toei doesn't want to risk the marketablility of sailormoon by identifying it as something that might not be kid friendly.

i've seen a petition for pgsm, but that's probably not going to work either. mainly just because it would be a dubbing nightmare with lipsyncing.

Seeing as Toei is a Japanese company, this does not affect the airing of BSSM and PGSM in Japan. They are not giving out the rights to it again outside of Japan. Also, BSSM is targeted for young girls (about 13) for the most part. Therefore, it's already got what we would identify as a PG-13 label. One must not forget that they have different standards in Japan than we do in North America (more specifically, the US, because here in Canada we have a whole different set of TV guidelines). So Kyrana-san is correct in what she said. The only way to get Stars and PGSM is to get either subs on the internet or subs from e-bay (which is how I was able to get Stars).  

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:11 am
Solar Kitty-chan
Seeing as Toei is a Japanese company, this does not affect the airing of BSSM and PGSM in Japan. They are not giving out the rights to it again outside of Japan. Also, BSSM is targeted for young girls (about 13) for the most part. Therefore, it's already got what we would identify as a PG-13 label. One must not forget that they have different standards in Japan than we do in North America (more specifically, the US, because here in Canada we have a whole different set of TV guidelines). So Kyrana-san is correct in what she said. The only way to get Stars and PGSM is to get either subs on the internet or subs from e-bay (which is how I was able to get Stars).
right, that's what i was saying. they're only doing stuff with it in japan. i also said that there wasn't really too much else they could really do in places like america, since there's that dillema with stars, pgsm would be hard to do, and we've already gotten pretty much everything else...

i've always thought that the target audience was younger than 13, though, not that it's like aimed at three year olds, either. i've always considered the audience to be elementary through middle school girl, instead of middle school and up. (not to say that no one else would like it, we certainly all know that! lol) mainly because of all the toys and stuff that were made show girls of that age and nakayosi's target audience is that age.

and i totally agree with you about different standards/age guidlines for tv, which is why we have that whole problem with stars. because both the original and the dub are aimed at about the same age group, they can't suddenly bring stars over and tell all the seven year olds (i believe the dub had the y7 rating thing...) that "sorry you can't watch this anymore, it's for the big kids." (not that a rating would really stop kids from watching, but whatev...) i'm pretty sure i also remember hearing that even in japan there were some angry telephone calls about certain content in stars (probably not the starlights issue/nudity, but more likely the violence/darker themes), and that stars is the only season to have not been rerun on tv after it's initial airing. so i guess we're not all that different from japan afterall...

but yeah, the bottom line is still that if you want to see stars or pgsm, either learn japanese or become a pirate. pirate xd

Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff