Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
God has done F**ked up things. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FuzzBall 005

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:42 pm
I learned that god has commited/approved the following acts: Rape, Slavery, Child Abuse, Torture, Human sacrifice, Murder/Genocide, Stealing, lying.

Rape- Zechariah 14:1-2 I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem for battle. The city will be captured, the houses looted, and the women raped.

Slavery- Leviticus 25:44-46 You may have male and female slaves. You may acquire them as permanent property. You may work them as slaves.

Torture- Revelation 9: 4-6 You were not allowed to kill them. They were only allowed to torture them for five months.

Child Abuse- Psalm 137:9 Blessed is the one who grabs your little children and smashes them agaisnt a rock.

And heres a freebie. Jeremiah 19:9 I will make the people eat the flesh of their sons and daughters.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:07 pm
o.o Are you talking about the bible?
Or another source?

I recognize some of those from the bible...
Not torture and rape though.

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

FuzzBall 005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:56 am
brainnsoup
o.o Are you talking about the bible?
Or another source?

I recognize some of those from the bible...
Not torture and rape though.

Nope its directly from the bible.

also theres a rule god said that if a man raped a woman he has to pay a certain amount of money and then he will be married to the woman he raped....  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:54 pm
I've heard of early Christians forcing women into marriage by rape.
I didn't know it was actually in the bible though.
Source? Citation?

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:16 pm
Well, in regards of rape, God is one unfair a*****e. When a man raped a woman and somebody found out about the crime, the man used to be forced to pay 15 silver coins to the father of the raped woman AND... to marry her. Yes, the poor, poor woman was forced to marry her rapist. Who's the one being punished here?

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:52 am
[-Erik-]
Well, in regards of rape, God is one unfair a*****e. When a man raped a woman and somebody found out about the crime, the man used to be forced to pay 15 silver coins to the father of the raped woman AND... to marry her. Yes, the poor, poor woman was forced to marry her rapist. Who's the one being punished here?

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

I heard it was 1 1/4 of silver.  

FuzzBall 005

dl1371

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:52 am
FuzzBall 005
I learned that god has commited/approved the following acts: Rape, Slavery, Child Abuse, Torture, Human sacrifice, Murder/Genocide, Stealing, lying.

Rape- Zechariah 14:1-2 I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem for battle. The city will be captured, the houses looted, and the women raped.

Slavery- Leviticus 25:44-46 You may have male and female slaves. You may acquire them as permanent property. You may work them as slaves.

Torture- Revelation 9: 4-6 You were not allowed to kill them. They were only allowed to torture them for five months.

Child Abuse- Psalm 137:9 Blessed is the one who grabs your little children and smashes them agaisnt a rock.

And heres a freebie. Jeremiah 19:9 I will make the people eat the flesh of their sons and daughters.

you forgot noahs ark  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:11 pm
FuzzBall 005

God hasn't done ******** up things because he doesn't exist.. I don't see a point in listing all this stuff if we all agree he is an imaginary character.. Its the equivalent to saying look what Santa has been doing to little children.  

IVIalice

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:28 pm
IVIalice
FuzzBall 005

God hasn't done ******** up things because he doesn't exist.. I don't see a point in listing all this stuff if we all agree he is an imaginary character.. Its the equivalent to saying look what Santa has been doing to little children.

He is speaking from a viewpoint of his existence.
He isn't saying he DOES exist, he is saying that his existence is pretty ******** up.
We say Santa is nice but that doesn't mean he is real.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:50 pm
dl1371
FuzzBall 005

you forgot noahs ark

Oh, that was so pointless of him mad

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:00 pm
User Image

Yes, we all know it's all pretty messed up...

So what's your point, anyway?

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:02 pm
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

User Image

that even if god did exist
it would be lame to worship him  

dl1371

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:33 pm
dl1371
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

User Image

But he'd be da boss, yo.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:39 pm
[-Erik-]
dl1371
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

User Image

But he'd be da boss, yo.

so
make a union or something, if your boss figure approved of rape,genocide, and many more things, would you follow him, even if not following him means eternal punishment?  

dl1371

FuzzBall 005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:48 pm
Captain_Shinzo
IVIalice
FuzzBall 005

He is speaking from a viewpoint of his existence.
He isn't saying he DOES exist, he is saying that his existence is pretty ******** up.
We say Santa is nice but that doesn't mean he is real.

...Santa isnt real.....NOOOOOOOOOOOO *Jumps out 20 story window.*  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces