Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Why blame Satan?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:02 pm
I am forced to go to church (I may have mentioned that before) ...
anyway it seems like the Christians always blame Satan for the bad things and that people are tempted by the devil to do bad things.

Why?!
And why thank God for everything good?

Sometimes I get ticked off when the bell rings and people would say: "Thank God ... we're saved by the bell." (or something like that)

I mean really?!

Oh and about Satan?
(i'm not saying he's real) but I mean what if Satan changed his heart?
Don't people and fallen angels change?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:46 pm
LimeIzMyFaveColor
I am forced to go to church (I may have mentioned that before) ...
anyway it seems like the Christians always blame Satan for the bad things and that people are tempted by the devil to do bad things.

Why?!
And why thank God for everything good?

Sometimes I get ticked off when the bell rings and people would say: "Thank God ... we're saved by the bell." (or something like that)

I mean really?!

Oh and about Satan?
(i'm not saying he's real) but I mean what if Satan changed his heart?
Don't people and fallen angels change?

Its funny when you say that Satan (My dark lord and master) tempts people to do bad things I remember when god told some guy to go kill his son and burn the body.  

FuzzBall 005

alteregoivy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:27 am
Actually, angels don't have free will according to the Bible. So either God orchestrated the fall of Lucifer and thus the creation of Satan, or He really ******** up and refuses to admit he made a mistake. Either way...

In fact, I have a friend who still believes in the Bible and Christianity, but he refuses to worship God for exactly this reason. He fully accepts that he's going to Hell when he dies, too.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:39 pm
alteregoivy
Actually, angels don't have free will according to the Bible. So either God orchestrated the fall of Lucifer and thus the creation of Satan, or He really ******** up and refuses to admit he made a mistake. Either way...

In fact, I have a friend who still believes in the Bible and Christianity, but he refuses to worship God for exactly this reason. He fully accepts that he's going to Hell when he dies, too.

Now that's someone I can respect.
Usually when people realize this though, they tend to lean more towards deism o.O If your friend is like that, maybe you can try convincing him that the Bible and Christianity are merely works of ignorant people from an ignorant era and that there is not sufficient evidence to support the Bible's claims.  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

Lordress Viper

Beloved Goat

13,075 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:23 pm
Lol my friends and I were making fun of how Christians always put blame on Satan. "Omg my shoes are untied..! Its Satan's fault!" "Oh no I killed my mother because she wouldn't shut up!... It's Satan's fault!" xd  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:24 pm
Vipersnakegirl
Lol my friends and I were making fun of how Christians always put blame on Satan. "Omg my shoes are untied..! Its Satan's fault!" "Oh no I killed my mother because she wouldn't shut up!... It's Satan's fault!" xd

lol
i haven't been too vocal but sometimes i changed the term: "Oh my god" to "Oh my Darwin" ... "Oh my Buddha." ... "Oh my Allah."

maybe i should say "Oh my Satan." lol  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

dl1371

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:15 pm
alteregoivy

good for your friend
thats what i would do if i was christian too  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces