Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Cheesio Reviews: Orochi Warriors (Xbox 360)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:11 am
Orochi Warriors (Xbox 360)

I've never played a Warriors game, and after playing this one I don't plan to play another any time soon. The only reason I bought this one is because I was at an expo and had a fiver left to waste. So I went to the cheap video games stall, saw this for a fiver, and bought it.

Was it worth a fiver? Only if you like repeatedly mashing a single button as much as Mario likes to bash his head against floating bricks. There are different stories to go through with different characters who you can level up and add abilities to. You run around a dull environment with half of your dull army mashing the attack button to perform the same dull attack over and over again, occasionally pressing a different button to use a dull special move.

You collect level ups and items as you mash away at hordes of enemies who can't defeat one person repeatedly using the same attack over and over again as you protect your retarded allies from being slaughtered. Oh, and the other half of your army of retards on the other side of the map is getting slaughtered as you're protecting the other half, so the other half of your retarded army dies and guess what? It's game over. They're helpless, and you're helpless, no matter how good you are at mashing the attack button and running around slowly. Bear in mind this is on the easiest mode.

The story... Well, I wasn't paying much attention. Something based on Japanese folk law about a serpent king named Orochi who bears a strong resemblance to Voldemort, and some armies fighting against and with his army. It's clearly very dull. The in-game voice acting is atrocious. And to top it off, it repeats itself every single time you defeat an enemy. Wonderful. I just can't get enough of hearing 'FOR THE KINGDOM!' badly voice acted in an over-cheesed fashion every second.

So, is it a good game? If you want a dull button mashing beat 'em up. So in other words, NO.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:10 am
Sounds like true quality.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:35 am
Trenn Flashkill
Sounds like true quality.
Totally.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:21 pm
Reviews are more fun with pictures. Then you get to make quotes.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:45 am
Awesome Tree
Reviews are more fun with pictures. Then you get to make quotes.
I'm gonna do a video review with illustrations.  
Social Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games