Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Abortion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FuzzBall 005

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:10 am
Me and by brother were talking about this, this was actully started by talking about the octo-mom, and what we thought of it. we started talking about the people against abortion and trying to get stem-cell research banned, and its cuase of them I wont have my hover toaster untill im nintey, and how stem cells can be used to help people so its basiclly no loss in life if you think about it...so I guess its a gray area...

Btw im going on what I remember and heard so please dun yell at me for being R-tarded.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:31 am
It's eliminating a tumor (which is clearly defined as a clump of living or dead cells) from the body with the potential to save another life.

Llama's and rabbits naturally abort their young.

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100

alteregoivy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:45 am
I am pro-choice. However, I see it as a very last resort, NOT as a form of birth control.

If a fetus is aborted before it even develops, I don't really have so much of a problem with it. You should be able to make the decision to have or not have the child before it becomes very well formed. But again, it's not a decision to be taken lightly.

If the mother is in danger because of the pregnancy, I don't think anyone should have a problem with abortion in that case. Actually, I have a friend whose grandmother would have died if she had tried to carry the pregnancy to term; this was Ireland, around 1960 I guess? They actually had to write a letter to the Pope to see if it was okay. Even the Pope agreed it was the best thing to do.

If a woman has been raped, she should be allowed to abort the fetus, no matter what.

If your baby is discovered to have a terrible disease that will cause it to have a short, painful life when it is born, I do not have a problem with a late-term abortion; if the baby is going to die very quickly and painfully, why subject an innocent child to that pain? Mental disabilities on the other hand... That's a little more of a gray area. If you don't feel that you could properly take care of the child... I can understand. I mean, even if you were to give up a mentally handicapped child for adoption... well, the care available to children who are handicapped who were given up for adoption is woefully inadequate. I don't really agree with it, but I can understand someone who does.

So I guess that pretty much covers how I feel about it. Though, if you waited till late term and don't have disease or physical danger or rape as a reason, I personally think you should carry the pregnancy to term and give the baby up for adoption.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:21 am
As an 18-year-old male, I feel like I really have no right to say how women live their lives. That said, I can completely understand why someone would be against it.  

Lethkhar

dl1371

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:01 pm
im for abortion, as long as the baby isnt conscious
if the baby can think for themselves then im against it  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:50 pm
I'm pro-choice too.
I think abortion should be available and should not be a form of birth control.  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items