Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Westboro freaks : religion , cult , hate group , or all ?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vorn Frost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:42 pm
I'm not sure if it's been brought up, but I have been turoughly freakout by this group one to many times.
It's obvious ( i hope ) that im talking about the westboro baptist church.In operation since nov-27-1955 this group is recognized as an independant bastist church / gay hate group , and commonly protest soliders funnerals along with that of homosexuals.
Along with the hate mongering , they have very interesting veiws on OTHER religions.
veiws:
homosexuality:
The group maintains that God hates gays above all other kinds of "sinners"

Catholicism:
"Westboro claims that the Roman Catholic Church is a "f**" church and that a third of Catholic priests are active homosexuals, seducing helpless children and women; Westboro Baptist refers to priests as "vampires" and "Draculas" and talks of Catholic priests sucking semen out of children's genitals like vampires suck blood from their victims."-wikipedia.

then it pretty much goes on like that bashing every other religion on the stance that they are either "fags" or their heretics.

when asked if they were a racist/neo-nazi organization( which is probable) they responded with this :
"We don't believe in physical violence of any kind, and the Scripture doesn't support racism. ... The only true Nazis in this world are fags."

Many laws have been passed because of those folks. It is Illegal for them to enter the uk , illegal to protest funeral, and number of other laws prohibiting there behavior.

oh and there this interesting MUSIC VIDEO
http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/5/Westboro-God-Hates-The-World-Music-Video-292196.html

SO all in all , im sure this whole thing has already been adressed , but it really seems to me that not only are they parading as a religion , they are a hte group ,a racist organization , and knowingly break the law to spread their hate.

Thats all i have to say i guess.no spell checking (sorry) im to tired.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:10 am
Vorn Frost
I'm not sure if it's been brought up, but I have been turoughly freakout by this group one to many times.
It's obvious ( i hope ) that im talking about the westboro baptist church.In operation since nov-27-1955 this group is recognized as an independant bastist church / gay hate group , and commonly protest soliders funnerals along with that of homosexuals.
Along with the hate mongering , they have very interesting veiws on OTHER religions.
veiws:
homosexuality:
The group maintains that God hates gays above all other kinds of "sinners"

Catholicism:
"Westboro claims that the Roman Catholic Church is a "f**" church and that a third of Catholic priests are active homosexuals, seducing helpless children and women; Westboro Baptist refers to priests as "vampires" and "Draculas" and talks of Catholic priests sucking semen out of children's genitals like vampires suck blood from their victims."-wikipedia.

then it pretty much goes on like that bashing every other religion on the stance that they are either "fags" or their heretics.

when asked if they were a racist/neo-nazi organization( which is probable) they responded with this :
"We don't believe in physical violence of any kind, and the Scripture doesn't support racism. ... The only true Nazis in this world are fags."

Many laws have been passed because of those folks. It is Illegal for them to enter the uk , illegal to protest funeral, and number of other laws prohibiting there behavior.

oh and there this interesting MUSIC VIDEO
http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/5/Westboro-God-Hates-The-World-Music-Video-292196.html

SO all in all , im sure this whole thing has already been adressed , but it really seems to me that not only are they parading as a religion , they are a hte group ,a racist organization , and knowingly break the law to spread their hate.

Thats all i have to say i guess.no spell checking (sorry) im to tired.

The Westboro group is made mostly of his family members, and what I found deeply disturbing is that they are molding there children into hateful people who will be out of touch with reality. And im semi-sure that they have had there childred taken away after making there kids break the law.  

FuzzBall 005

Vorn Frost

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:04 am
I'll look into that claim  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:11 am
They sound like assholes.
Is there anyone they don't hate?  

In Search of a Dream

dl1371

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:41 am
Kyoko364
They sound like assholes.
Is there anyone they don't hate?

probably not  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:51 pm
Lol, I found a funny video about the WBC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra_fAYl4Th4&feature=related

Go Sodom-mobile!  

In Search of a Dream

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:21 pm
I wanna burn the heads of that church alive blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:39 pm
Labyrinthknight7
I wanna burn the heads of that church alive blaugh

dont put yourself on their level  

dl1371

dl1371

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:47 pm
Kyoko364
Lol, I found a funny video about the WBC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra_fAYl4Th4&feature=related

Go Sodom-mobile!

god seems like a really nice guy if you read the signs rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:00 pm
They hate everyone, and everyone hates them. rofl I love how they are anti-violence, but they don't have a problem hating people?  

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:25 pm
THIS group is the living proof that the gods they worship are man made because they hate the exact same things as their followers.

If anything, these guys are the fags here.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:50 pm
Seriously gay-bashers and racists make me sick... stare  

Lordress Viper

Beloved Goat

13,075 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:06 pm
No one takes them seriously and the police only protect them because they are forced to by law, I'm glad the government has taken a few actions to stop them. Maybe more will be made with Obama! heart  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games