'Tis a lonely day... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:27 pm
In the world of Nintendo...

Just checking to see how many people still actually read this forum...

By the way, doesn't it feel a little boring in the world of Nintendo so far?

I mean, sure we will be getting some pretty crazy awesome rpg's in 2010.

Tales, which looks amazing, and two other less-interesting turn-based

Japanese rpg's, Monado: The Beginning of the World, and Arc Rise

Fantasia.

We got a great shooter coming our way (or already out, don't know)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex. But I probably won't bet getting that

one until I find out there are no hackers.

Don't know when the next Zelda's coming out either. I'd get New Super

Mario Bros. Wii but my bro won't want to play that. I don't know, it just

feels really... lonely and desolate when I play a Nintendo game now. Like

if they're not really... putting their heart and soul into it, ya know? Tell me

you guys, is it just me or do you all feel that not just Nintendo games but

ALL console games are losing their charm?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:50 pm
Isn't red Steel 2 coming out in December? And remember that a lot of work has been put into casual games, like Wii Fit and Wii sports Resort etc. (yuck)

What really saddens me is that I go to wal mart or something and browse the Wii games section and all I see is third party casual crap and the occasional half decent game.  

Destheren

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:23 pm
Don't forget No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle January 27, 2010.

HELL YEAH!!!!!

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles comes out this November
Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Sky Q1 2010
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories December 8, 2009
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers December 26, 2009
Epic Mickey 2010
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks December 7, 2009
Metroid The Other M 2010  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:52 pm
Destheren
Isn't red Steel 2 coming out in December? And remember that a lot of work has been put into casual games, like Wii Fit and Wii sports Resort etc. (yuck)

What really saddens me is that I go to wal mart or something and browse the Wii games section and all I see is third party casual crap and the occasional half decent game.
yeah the whole seeing third party only is because WAL MART AIN'T GOT GAMES LIKE DAT PS TRIPLE.

you go shopping for wii games you go to a game specialty store or online.  

Xilo The Odd

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:10 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
Don't forget No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle January 27, 2010.

HELL YEAH!!!!!

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles comes out this November
Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Sky Q1 2010
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories December 8, 2009
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers December 26, 2009
Epic Mickey 2010
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks December 7, 2009
Metroid The Other M 2010

Okay, people, you aren't getting my point. Yeah, those look like some pretty

good games but I'm saying that I just don't feel the same way when I

play them because just something... something that they are doing that

isn't right.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:38 pm
Many of the games that are released on the Wii I feel are losing quality. I try to be fair with many Wii games, but many are just too underbaked for my tastes and many Nintendo fans are failing to see this. Nintendo is giving us lower quality games. I'm not just talking about casual games, but also the hardcore games as well. It's about the lack of effort being put into both categories. Casual games are usually the minigames and waggle-fests that try to make the Wii live up to it's potential, but come up short due to underdevelopment. The hardcore games are somewhat repetitive, either in plot or gameplay, and overly-hyped (like Brawl) and I end up getting bored with them before I even finish them or after I beat them for two times. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption I haven't even beaten yet and I've had it for about two years. Zelda: Twilight Princess I've only played through to the end two times. Super Smash Bros. Brawl felt too unbalanced to me and it's the worst Smash Bros. in my opinion. They're fun at first, but to me they lack the replay value and outstanding quality needed to make them timeless classics. The reason they get high reviews and praises is because they have the benefit of being part of a long-time popular franchise. A platforming game these days with Mario slapped on it's title is going to get an instant 10/10, while an equally good platformer that's not part of a popular franchise will more than likely get an 8/10 at the most.

Nintendo is, unfortunately, sacrificing quality in an effort to make more money, because they almost got killed financially the last two generations, as well the fact that they are being hit with the ******** recession. I can understand that, but you shouldn't seriously downgrade the quality of your work so you can make a better profit. It's the same issue people have with bands like Metallica or with the mainstream music industry. They're giving out the Golden Seal too freely. During the last two generations, sure they lacked strong third party support, but they in turn gave us outstanding games from second and first party developers, games I am still playing to this day.

Third-party developers aren't giving the Wii the chance it deserves, yes. But it's also Nintendo's fault for not recognizing quality like they did in previous generations. It's also the reviewers faults for reviewing the occasional good casual games in a negative way. And finally, consumers need to be able to recognize quality when they see it. Renting games would be a good start.  

Sir Codin

Darth Steven 09

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:13 pm
I think that some of the problems have to do with todays youth. Most kids want games like these to please their short attention spans. I have seen kids go gaga over Brawl and other mario sports games or other games that we would see as crap. Lets face it, kids dont want to sit around for 3 or 4 hours trying to get through one level like we did back in the day. They want games to play for a while untill they can think of somthing else to do. My friends little brother does this. I was being nice one day and playing some games with him, and about every 10 to 15 min. he wanted to change the game. I popped in Brawl and we played that for about 30 min. untill he got bored and went to watch tv. Game developers are making games that kids will like to play and forgeting about us, the older group (at least Nintendo is anyway). I can sit around and play an X-Box game for hours while a kid would rather play one of the "3rd party crap" games. Game developers need to buckle down and listen to the older generation for once, because its us to thank that they are still working.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:16 pm
Lord of Armageddon
Many of the games that are released on the Wii I feel are losing quality. I try to be fair with many Wii games, but many are just too underbaked for my tastes and many Nintendo fans are failing to see this. Nintendo is giving us lower quality games. I'm not just talking about casual games, but also the hardcore games as well. It's about the lack of effort being put into both categories. Casual games are usually the minigames and waggle-fests that try to make the Wii live up to it's potential, but come up short due to underdevelopment. The hardcore games are somewhat repetitive, either in plot or gameplay, and overly-hyped (like Brawl) and I end up getting bored with them before I even finish them or after I beat them for two times. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption I haven't even beaten yet and I've had it for about two years. Zelda: Twilight Princess I've only played through to the end two times. Super Smash Bros. Brawl felt too unbalanced to me and it's the worst Smash Bros. in my opinion. They're fun at first, but to me they lack the replay value and outstanding quality needed to make them timeless classics. The reason they get high reviews and praises is because they have the benefit of being part of a long-time popular franchise. A platforming game these days with Mario slapped on it's title is going to get an instant 10/10, while an equally good platformer that's not part of a popular franchise will more than likely get an 8/10 at the most.

Nintendo is, unfortunately, sacrificing quality in an effort to make more money, because they almost got killed financially the last two generations. I can understand that, but you shouldn't downgrade the quality of your work so you can make a better profit. It's the same issue people have with bands like Metallica or with the mainstream music industry. They're giving out the Golden Seal too freely. During the last two generations, sure they lacked strong third party support, but they in turn gave us outstanding games from second and first party developers, games I am still playing to this day.

Third-party developers aren't giving the Wii the chance it deserves, yes. But it's also Nintendo's fault for not recognizing quality like they did in previous generations. It's also the reviewers faults for reviewing the occasional good casual games in a negative way. And finally, consumers need to be able to recognize quality when they see it. Renting games would be a good start.

Well said. I couldn't find the right words to say and that pretty much sums

it up. Yet again, think about it. When we were small children we thought

everything was cool and when we moved into the 3d era, GAMING

EXPLODED and it opened up so many new possibilities and developers

had such fresh ideas in mind! Now, we of the N64 and NES era are

starving for that tingly feeling we got when we played those games of old

(or is it just me?). I think the memories we have of when we

played those games and the experiences we got from playing those

games is what we are looking to revive and that's why we (again, maybe

just I) are so dissapointed with today's games. Maybe Nintendo has not

lost its witty charm. All I can do now is have faith in the games to come.  

L a s t B a s t a r d

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:17 pm
Somebody should let out Sarin Gas inside this topic.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:18 pm
Steven4000
I think that some of the problems have to do with todays youth. Most kids want games like these to please their short attention spans. I have seen kids go gaga over Brawl and other mario sports games or other games that we would see as crap. Lets face it, kids dont want to sit around for 3 or 4 hours trying to get through one level like we did back in the day. They want games to play for a while untill they can think of somthing else to do. My friends little brother does this. I was being nice one day and playing some games with him, and about every 10 to 15 min. he wanted to change the game. I popped in Brawl and we played that for about 30 min. untill he got bored and went to watch tv. Game developers are making games that kids will like to play and forgeting about us, the older group (at least Nintendo is anyway). I can sit around and play an X-Box game for hours while a kid would rather play one of the "3rd party crap" games. Game developers need to buckle down and listen to the older generation for once, because its us to thank that they are still working.

Very true, that also.  

L a s t B a s t a r d

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:20 pm
Allegro

Well dude. I guess you just don't know what we're talking about then. If you

are satisfied with today's games, then that's cool.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:35 pm
L a s t B a s t a r d
Allegro

Thanks for the elitism, you stupid a*****e. I'm glad you're keeping it in the spirit of the theme of this topic: "I know what exactly is going on in a giant industry and here's why it SUCKS."

Tell me, are YOU the boss of a developer or publisher in the middle of a damn recession in an industry that specializes in a non-vital service? Do you think it's worth putting out new, innovative titles when people like you only mention TWO original titles (and call them less interesting too), rather spending your time talking about SEQUELS.

THIS is why the industry is stagnating: because you're LETTING it.

If you opened your mind you'd find PLENTY of charming games out there, but since you're only focused on titles that rehash the same thing over and over, no ******** s**t you're gonna be disappointed.  

Allegro

Destheren

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:09 pm
Xilo The Odd
Destheren

yeah the whole seeing third party only is because WAL MART AIN'T GOT GAMES LIKE DAT PS TRIPLE.

you go shopping for wii games you go to a game specialty store or online.
Here's the thing. Game stores are worse. The crap Wii games there are simply overwhelming. ******** MARCH OF THE PENGUINS. THE VIDEO GAME OF MARCH OF THE ******** PENGUINS. WHAT THE ********.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:36 pm
Allegro
L a s t B a s t a r d
Allegro

Thanks for the elitism, you stupid a*****e. I'm glad you're keeping it in the spirit of the theme of this topic: "I know what exactly is going on in a giant industry and here's why it SUCKS."

Tell me, are YOU the boss of a developer or publisher in the middle of a damn recession in an industry that specializes in a non-vital service? Do you think it's worth putting out new, innovative titles when people like you only mention TWO original titles (and call them less interesting too), rather spending your time talking about SEQUELS.

THIS is why the industry is stagnating: because you're LETTING it.

If you opened your mind you'd find PLENTY of charming games out there, but since you're only focused on titles that rehash the same thing over and over, no ******** s**t you're gonna be disappointed.
*swish*

But you should have formatted your post like his to really drive the point home. Seriously, wtf is up with them linebreaks?

oh my god games these days just

aren't as good as they used to be

am I right? I miss the good hard

games liek super mario bros and

megaman 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:48 pm
I like how everyone forgets Mario and Luigi 3.

Maybe that's why they think gaming has gotten worse.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff