Welcome to Gaia! ::

RoseSoul Tribe

Back to Guilds

this guild will be a community of RPing, Debate/Discussion, Art/Litterature, Contests and Fellowship. 

Tags: roleplaying, fantasy, contests, music, occult 

Reply RoseSoul Tribe Main Forum
Book Review: Dark Possesion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:35 am
Warning: Some spoilers may be inferred from this rant, but if you're a Classic Carpathian Addict like I am, you may just dodge an $8 bullet.

I read Christine Feehan's Dark Possession last night, and I have to say that I am sorely disappointed in that book. Firstly, the whole voice of the narration doesn't sound like Ms. Feehan at all. Secondly, the Carpathian males are falling prey to contractions. I'll. Can't. Don't. You're. It's totally OOC for them! Thirdly, the leading lady admitted durring a secondary roll in Dark Destiny that she had the some-what psychic ability to tell when people are lying, but in DP, MaryAnn professes never to have had any psychic power what so ever. Fourthly, I could never tell if MaryAnn was black, white, native, Heinz 57, or from outer space. Fifthly, Rafael and Colby, who allegedly were on the ranch the whole time, didn't talk to Manalito or join his brother Riordan in taking down a vampire who'd corrupted the Jaguar people. I mean, usually all the De La Cruz brothers get together for any excuse to put the hurt on the vampire, but this time, they were all absent, save for one Imperious Command from Zacharias. And for a sixth thing, why would Zacharias order the conversion of a MALE Jaguar? I mean honestly, you don't convert males because there is no guarantee they will find a lifemate, and without the before-birth-imprinting all the carpathian males get, how would they even know things like the ritual binding words? The guy was totally ready to die, too. He didn't need to be saved. The last you hear of him in the story is that he goes to ground to heal. Nothing else. Number 7, there was waaaaaay too much Purgatory-knockoff spirituality going on, which was poorly explained and really had no place in any previous Carpathian mythology. It was so generic that it was unpleasant and boring.

All in all, this book read like a bad fanfic. I really wouldn't be surprised if Ms. Feehan had a ghost writer for this one--and a cheap one at that. To which I can only say: "Why not hire me?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:38 pm
Thank you for the warning ^_^  

kingcorrupted

750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
RoseSoul Tribe Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers