Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
Pagan Census - it's anon, if that's what's stopping you.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you take this?
  Yes.
  I will soon.
  I won't take this.
View Results

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:31 pm
I thought you all should see this. I hope you will participate.

No one was making any indication that they had any intention of taking this, so I thought I should let you know that it IS anonymous, for those of you that are still in the "broom closet."

"We are conducting an international survey of contemporary Pagans. If you are a Pagan we would appreciate your taking the time to complete this survey.

This survey builds on an earlier one completed over twenty years ago, primarily in the United States, which was conducted by Helen A. Berger and Andras Arthen (of the EarthSpirit Community) entitled the Pagan Census. At the time it was hoped that we could do a census of the entire Pagan population. Although that was not possible the data that was collected was the largest of it type and served as the basis of a book, Voices from the Pagan Census by Helen A. Berger (with Evan Leach and Leigh S. Shaffer). The survey data is now available on line at Murray Research Archive at Harvard University.

A number of scholars have noted that it would be helpful to have a follow-up of that survey to see if and how the community has changed or remained the same. The survey that follows uses many, although not all of the same questions that were in the original survey to provide that comparison. There are also new questions, for instance about the Internet, something that was of little interest 20 years ago but is now, and some from other studies, that again permit a comparison. This has resulted in the survey being somewhat long--we appreciate your taking the time to complete it.

We realize that the categories found in questionnaires like this one frequently do not do justice to the complexities of real life. For this reason, a number of open-ended items have been included that allow for more nuanced responses. You are also welcome to contact Helen A. Berger directly at HBerger@wcupa.edu

Please inform other Pagans about this research project and feel free to pass it along via e-mail or to post a link on appropriate blogs or websites.

Thanks for your help.

Helen A. Berger
James R. Lewis
Henrik Bogdan"

The link!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=WYCq4kaxG_2bYrJ8xnemeR3A_3d_3d  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:11 pm
Is anyone on this guild going to bother to do this besides me?  

Magus Initi

Teh Bloody Princess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:15 am
Think for yourself man, don't do like they do...

I'm going to.
I actually am at the moment.

...It's a sick world, you just gotta stay true.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:06 pm
I think I already might have taken this. I took it again  

Ishtar Shakti

D_Marx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:07 am
I think I already did.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:27 am
i took it though some of the questions were kinda weird.but it was a really thorough survey.  

Elfshaman

Kennit Rille

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:55 pm
I took it, thank you for the link!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:05 pm
I took it already  

Underworld Priestess

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:46 am
I've taken it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:18 am
I took it. but it bothered me that one of the questions only choices were vegan or vegetarian which I am neither but please don't attack me for this though.  

bobkitty1123

The Study (Research)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff