Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Why did it get canceled? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vballchic_17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:57 pm
crying Why did it get canceled it was a great show? sombody pls tell me  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:59 pm
nothing last forever- they probably just stopped showing it in america because it was in re-runs.. making way for more new anime.  

SteelPatrickHarris

Kotusa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:51 pm
Sailor Moon in ameirca got canceled because as the seasons go on the scouts get more mature and a lot more happens that is not considered child friendly to american sensors. Haruka and Michiru are not "cousins" and a lot of the first monsters in the begining of Sailor moon S have thier stars in places such as breast and really high thigh. to where they rip thier shirt off and flip up thier skirt. Americans feel the need to sensor everything. but we can watch a bunch of people on the real world get drunk smoke and do all sorts of stupid stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:57 pm
Kotusa
Sailor Moon in ameirca got canceled because as the seasons go on the scouts get more mature and a lot more happens that is not considered child friendly to american sensors. Haruka and Michiru are not "cousins" and a lot of the first monsters in the begining of Sailor moon S have thier stars in places such as breast and really high thigh. to where they rip thier shirt off and flip up thier skirt. Americans feel the need to sensor everything. but we can watch a bunch of people on the real world get drunk smoke and do all sorts of stupid stuff.

yeah... somethings are really whacked...  

ellyfish_

Zahmira

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:56 am
It's an old show. The stations wanted to show new anime.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:10 am
most likely americans got scared of the fifth and final season because well its not exactly the most child friendly. Basically it has a bunch of transvestite Sailor scouts and well the story lines much more mature. But apperantly they're thinking of an American release, but i repeat they're only thinkin so dont get ur hopes up.  

xXpixie_dXx

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:40 am
Zahmira

DBZ is very old and it's still going... My opinion is that it got very mature very quickly and the attempt was made to turn it into a kiddy show. Which it really isn't.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:21 pm
heathenuvhellspawn
most likely americans got scared of the fifth and final season because well its not exactly the most child friendly. Basically it has a bunch of transvestite Sailor scouts and well the story lines much more mature. But apperantly they're thinking of an American release, but i repeat they're only thinkin so dont get ur hopes up.

Pfft....I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one. Maybe it'll happen, but I'm leaning towards the "not." Pessimistic...but heck, what're they going to do with it? They'd have to put it on at late night...and who's to say anyone will remember about the previous seasons? We will, because we're fans, but no one else.  

Mercuryangel
Crew

Tetki

Shirtless Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:31 pm
its because they distorted the show when the dubbed and cut it and the creator of the anime was disapointed with many elements left out so he demanded it to be taken off air plus it was getting to mature for what they (the US) thought was a childrens show (which it really isnt) but dont worry you can still buy the DVDs and stuff on the net or in some select stores.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:54 pm
lightsenshi
Zahmira

DBZ is very old and it's still going... My opinion is that it got very mature very quickly and the attempt was made to turn it into a kiddy show. Which it really isn't.
There is a lot more DragonBall to show though. The re-runs don't get as old as quickly.  

Zahmira

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:32 pm
They removed Sailormoon from the air because the rights to it expired and Toei will not release them to anyone else. It's as simple as that. The manga rights have also expired.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:21 am
All of which makes me very sad. It's not fair... crying crying  

Amaya_Moriko

Eternal Senshi

31,290 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Mercuryangel
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:47 am
Solar Kitty-chan
They removed Sailormoon from the air because the rights to it expired and Toei will not release them to anyone else. It's as simple as that. The manga rights have also expired.

Is that why the manga isn't in the stores? IT was there a month ago and when I went back to look last week, I couldn't find them.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:27 am
They closed for alot of reasons! But the most common reason was because of the mature features & there were love scenes which I don't think little kids should see! But I that's ok, we can still buy the seasons on DVD! blaugh  

Dyron

Infinity-Nevermore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:33 pm
They could explain everything up to season 5. It's next to impossible to explain the Sailor Star Scouts in a way that would be acceptable to American audiences. Think about it. Transgender scouts? rofl rofl rofl  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff