Very Negative
  Usally Negative
  Usally Positive
  Very Positive
View Results

caramel frappuccino

Sparkly Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:50 am
heart I thought maybe there should be a thread that shows or maybe gives advices on how to build up courage to wear Lolita.

heart If there is a thread like this one I apologize.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:52 am
It's always hard when people are staring and pointing. But that's what will happen if you wear Lolita.

I like going out with friends that also dress up. One time we went to school all dressed up. Of course, we got stares from most people, but I felt good that my friends support me. Even my boyfriend dressed Aristocrat to make me feel better biggrin

But there will be those times where you will be alone. So the question is: Do you love Lolita so much that you will handle and/or ignore comments from others?
I chose to wear it....and tune out everyone else.

caramel frappuccino

Sparkly Warrior

WhiteValkyrie

Romantic Member

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:30 pm
Well, it is all depending on what kind of lolita outfit I wear. Because my lolita clothes are all black and white people don't act bad since they are used to fashion like this because of goths and emos are already something common and their fashion is somethimes close to gothic lolita.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:54 pm
User Image

My best advice would be to not worry so much about the other's reactions.
If you feel good in your clothes, why let someone bring you down?

Also, be ready to have to answer questions/have your picture taken xD
Locals, tourists, passerbys and random reporters will be probably be curious about what you're wearing.
My friends and I went out for ice cream and to see if we could meet a band...
and ended up on the front of a local newspaper xDD ♥

rokkenrou

Party Pilot

Lucinacia

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:49 am
I tend to get a lot of stares from a lot of Americans and sometimes Japanese in general. I've learned to tune out the stares and accept compliments. ....Which tend to be older people more often than not. *laughs*

I get a lot of kawaii and moe. Moe mainly from two guys at the dining hall I go to though. XD
First time I heard that, I nearly died laughing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:59 pm
I usually don't get a negative reaction, but I also usually only wear lolita to meetups/with other lolitas.

I also live in Austin, which is kind of known for people being a little abnormal. I mean, I've seen guys in skirts on a regular basis and Superman walking down congress once.  

Cat-chan

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:30 pm
Even when I'm not in lolita, I'm not exactly dressed what people would call normal, so I'm used to the stares.
However, all of the reactions I've gotten are very positive. When I wore lolita to an amusement park this summer, strangers kept looking at me and smiling. Then again, the petticoats on the tilt-a-whirl were pretty funny to watch.
An older woman asked for a picture with me then, and didn't seem phased when I told her I was another patron.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:01 pm
The area I live in is particularly judgemental about this sort of thing... =.= If I were to wear lolita in public, it would not go over well at all. It's usually fine if I dress up with a friend, but I tend to just save it for cons, tea parties, and my own house...  

hotaru~no~hikari

Extreme Dudefulness

5,350 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:28 am
Usually people tell me I'm cute when I'm dressed in Lolita, although obviously some people make fun of me. It doesn't bother me at all. You have to expect some nasty comments when you're dressed strangely. What does annoy me is when some random guy comes up to me and tries to tell me that I'm cosplaying as a manga/anime character, which happens quite a bit.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:38 am
Besides the whistles and cat calls, people have been positive and very enthusiastic about it. But this is in Seattle. We have everything here. If I wear my black Atwood (cowboy hat) and deerskin boots, about six nice old guys/ladies wearing a Stetson or plaid will smile at me.

They take pictures and ask questions and compliment. Most will ask if there is some event taking place, but others recognize it as just a Sunday outfit. Old people and little boys love it, oddly more so than the girls.

I think secretly every little boy wants a lifesize woman doll, and every little girl wants to be a lifesize Paris Hilton...>__>;  

A Doll Named Mouse

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:18 am
A Doll Named Mouse
I think secretly every little boy wants a lifesize woman doll, and every little girl wants to be a lifesize Paris Hilton...>__>;
User Image

And interesting way of thinking about it.
xd
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:58 pm
Let them stare. : D

All the times that I have gone out, interestingly enough, it's been older ladies that absolutely love it. They'll stop my friend and I and coment on how cute our outfits are and often tell us that we look like "Nice young ladies".

We once went to the zoo dressed in lolita. We we're asked if we were in a play, what it ment to be dressed such a way, and a few people wanted our picture, (and some took it with out asking.)

Of course there were some people who wispered things, and some just said them blatantly, but if you smile and wave to them they get a little embarassed.  

RudyMaye

Razzberry Pi

Desirable Codger

13,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:37 pm
Mosty people tend to really like my outfits. I wore a black and white lolita-esque outfit to the mall and got compliments all evening. (I say "lolita-esque" because I did not consider my button-up shirt very lolita, but the rest of the outfit was.)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:43 pm
Just what I need encouragement. :'D
I'm starting off the Lolita lifestyle, and I've been worrying about such things like this. After reading a few posts, I say, "Heck, let them stare. They're just jealous." ;3

I c h i g o - L a t t e

The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces