Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Side RP Section <Start an RP of your own or join someone else's!>
Journey of the Airship 'Dark Cloud' Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:57 am
Journey of the Airship 'Dark Cloud'

I’ve always enjoyed the concept of a good Airship Pirate RP, and since I don’t really have time to be involved in one of the Air Pirate Guilds on Gaia that I am in, I figured that I should share this RP with everyone here.

This RP has specific roles that you can fill, however it will be first in best dressed. Follow the rules, PM your profiles if possible, and have fun.

Rules:

-- Try to post at least a paragraph of semi-literate writing, in the style of a novel.
-- Romance is allowed, however cyber is not.
-- Try not to swear too much, but we are pirates so some is to be expected
-- Keep within guild rules and Gaia TOS
--> Have fun

Roles:

Captain - Morgan Ross (DormantEvil)
First Officer (Vice-captain) - Valmar (Siegfried006)
Second Officer -Ray (Crimzon Shinigami Duo)

Communications Officer - available
Chief Engineer - available
Sonar/Listening Operator - available
Weapons Operator - available

Airship pilot - Kai (Crimzon Shinigami Duo)
Chef - available
Medical Officer - available

Wing Commander - available
Pilots - available

Riflemen - available

The Airship:

The 'Dark Cloud' airship is a light airship, carrying a maximum of sixty people. She has a crew at full operation conditions of 35 people, and barracks for excess passengers. Her weapon system is made up of six side cannons, two top cannons and two belly cannons. Twelve machine gun positions are manned around her hull, and she has a forward facing flight deck in front of the bridge. Five Hellcat fighter planes are able to be launched one after the other. Her two main engines provide a VTOL (vertical take off and landing) ability, and she can run silent at slow speed using her small electric powered propeller. A light weight gas is used to keep her afloat, and fills flat cells all along her hull in various well balanced locations.

She was made as a light weight battle ship during the beginning of the Revolutionary Wars, and since then has been a Pirate ship used for transporting cargo and small scale skirmishes.

Length: 237 meters
Height: 183 meters
Width: 33 meters
Weight: 1,380 tons (when unloaded)
Load capacity: 2,150 tons
Maximum speed: 386 knots
Cruising speed: 173 knots
Crew capacity: 35

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Character Profiles:

[b]Username: [/b]
[b]Character name: [/b]
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Description: [/b]
[b]Background: [/b]
[b]Role: [/b]

Username:
Character name:
Description:
Background:
Role:

((Although she is the High Wind from FF7, she is different in this RP biggrin ))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:07 am
Map of the World

Map

Starting location:

We will be docked in Trader City, undergoing repairs from our latest battle. The 'Dark Cloud' took on a lot of damage, and it will take at least a few days to finish repairs. Twelve crew members died in that last battle, and we are looking for new ones.

The focus of this first day of RPing will be to collect supplies, find a new work order, and to replace the dead crew members. If you want to be a brand new crew member feel free, however if you want to have a position of power on the airship you best be one of the command team.

Daidoji Hotaru

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:08 am
Current Accepted Profiles

Username: Siegfried006
Character name: Valmar
Personality:Chipper. happy go lucky kind of guy. In times of hardship he puts his normal attitude aside and gets serious. And when he gets serious, there is a problem
Description: 5'3, skinny, wire like muscles. Wears a pair of red snake skin boots, loose white pants, and a red buttoned up jacket with two tails extending to his calfs. Has messy red hair, blue eyes, and a face that is made for grinning widely.
Background: Born in a roaming tribe of nomads in the Gorshani Desert, Valmar first love was the sky. So vast and free, he feel something akin to brotherhood with it. After all, he was a free minded young mind, having dreams in a place where a next watering hole could be either dried up or poisoned. But the most memorable moment for him was when he was four. Laying on the cool ground at night, he watched the portrait of the stars lay out before him. As the stars twinkled above him, bright as diamonds, an airship floated past his view, heading North East. Later on he would come to find it was heading for Freeport, but that didn't phase him. He knew then he was born to fly.
After honing his swordsmanship and general survival skills needed for the outside world, Valmar journeyed to Freeport, looking for the first ship out. That was when he first laid eyes on the "Dark Cloud". A beautiful ship, sleek and very fast looking. He signed on board first chance he got and never looked back. Again later on he learned it was a pirate vessel and again it didn't phase him. After all, it wasn't unheard of for a desert band to raid another band when food, water, and clothing were dwindling. In fact, it only raised his opinion of the ship and its Captain. Through hard work, dedication and more hard work, he had finally managed to secure himself the position of First Mate.
Too bad the ship had to go down right when he got it.
Role: First Mate.
Weapons: Cutlass, knifes in his boots, and a scimitar on his back.

----------

Username: Crimzon Shinigami Duo
Character name: Kai
Personality: Kind, sweet, yet distant, has a nasty temper, and lonely
Description:
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq244/Toru_Uchiha/anime9_jpg.jpg
Background: Kai had been an orphan most of her life up until this band of pirates took her in and gave her a place to stay. Though prior to coming into their care she had piloted ships for shipping and the pirates had found out she was the pilot of the Silver Saber that had escaped their pledging trip and escaped from being boarded. she had shown a tenacious determination that was rare in most pilots and she could think ten times faster when under pressure making piloting her ultimate skill among the pirates.
Role: Airship Pilot

--------

Username: Crimzon Shinigami Duo
Character Name: Ray
Personality: Hyper, energetic, but full of sorrow when alone
Description:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh259/fashiondream/hot anime guys/f6e1.jpg
Background: Ray was the leader of a once proud military commanded army. His reasons for turning traitor is unknown and yet not once did he ever kill any of the men that he had turned against. all of them had been knocked unconscious, and only suffered bumped and bruises. The pirates took him in and his leadership skills helped him climb the ranks.
Role: Second Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:35 pm
[OPEN]

Daidoji Hotaru

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:43 pm
Captain Morgan Ross stood out on the docks, looking up at her masterpiece. Of course she didn't look very spectacular now, but they had escaped from a battle that many other airships would have been sunk in. Usually she would be full of hydrogen, bouncing softly within her tethers to the earth, her engines humming away as people rushed up and down the few cargo loading ramps. Now floated slightly tipped to one side as the maintenance crews finished up some repairs on the starboard side inner hydrogen bladders. They had taken machine gun fire from the unfriendly, to pirates at least, Queens military. They had been hounding the pirate ship for months, and at last they had been unfortunate enough to be caught out. You couldn't avoid all the confrontations.

"What is the updates on how long it will be until we can take off again?" Morgan asked her First Mate, Officer Valmar.

She looked down at her sheet of repairs, noting that several sections of hull needed patching, a couple of the cannons would need parts replaced, and that they had gone through a good deal of ammunition just to escape with the majority of their lives.

"I think we should stop over at the armament factories on the way out, I think we have enough gold on board to replenish our ammunition supplies."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:28 pm
First Mate Valmar dusted himself off, looking at the ship. They had taken some nasty hits, but she could still fly and that was something. It would take sometime to get her battleworthy, plus getting the neccessary crew members together. Gazing up at sky, he recalled the various crew members that had died. Do not worry my friends, he vowed silently, I will light a candle for you in memory. In the desert, it was custom for ones family to light a funeral pyro for there fallen. Since those brave men and women didnt have a family, he would do it for them.

Blinking to sudden awareness, he looked to the captain and replied grimly. "It not looking good Captain. We took a great many hits to the hull, and alot of engineers died. We need alot of metal thats for sure. The aft cannons also took a pretty bad hit and are beyond repair. It would take at least three days to make her battle worthy, but if we need to leave in a hurry we can get her flying in one." He nodded to her statement on the gold. "That would be a good idea Captain, if we can get her moving."  

Siegfried006

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:34 pm
Her First Mate gave her a quick run through of the damages, and made a good point. They could get her air worthy in a day, that was their main priority. "Valmar, get the men working on getting her in the air, and tell them to go into town and buy whatever spare material we'll need. If we have to leave they can work as we go, or we can dock somewhere uncharted to complete her."

The Captain looked around, down across the cargo bay and out onto the docks. She had hoped more people would have shown up to see the airship arrive. But only a small crowd had gathered, and Morgan guessed it was only to see a damaged partially smoking airship.

"Let's also start sending out a few men to find some new workers, we can't fly her alone."

((Sorry for the small post, just woke up))

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:01 pm
"Aye Captain." Turning towards the crew, Valmar bellowed at the crew."
You heard her right you dogs, get to work. She wants this ship air worthy in a day and I want it done yesterday! Hoist those power couplings, tighten those bolts. Put that metal there and be careful with those fuel rods! You drop them thats the last thing you'll ever drop!"

Turning towards the side, he pointed out four crew mates who barely began to work. "You, you, you and you. I want you to take what gold you can and head into town. We need supplies and we need them now. The Queen's fleet could still come at any moment and I want this ship to be gone by that time. Understood?" All four of them nodded at his orders. "Then get to it!" They scrambled off, first to get gold and the list of supplies they needed, then off into town to get it.

Pointing to two more crew members, he gave the more quiet order to gather able body workers. He knew how much the dead meant to everyone there, and the less the other crew knew about it the better for work moral. The two members didnt like it, but they moved off to carry his orders. Turning towards the Captain, Valmar gave a quick salute. "The orders have been given. Do you think the Queens fleet will still be after us?" It was customary to ask for permission before asking questions, but right now wasnt the time for formality. Sides, she coud always reprimand him later.  

Siegfried006

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:11 pm
The chances that the fleet was still after them were high. They had sunk two of the Queens ships, at least one of those permanently. Each of the crew would now be hanged if they were caught, but such was the life of pirates. The life was dangerous, adventurous and full of fun and fear, but it also payed well. Each of the crew took a cut in treasures found, even though the Captain and the lead officers took double shares. But before anybody got payed the ship was repaired, that was how it always was, and that is how it always would be.

"No doubt about it Valmar, they will only be slowed down a few days. Same as us, if we aren't sailing by this time tomorrow you can bet the fleet will jump us. But we've escaped them by slimmer odds before, we'll continue to do it again and again."

Patting the man on the shoulder at his prompt giving of orders, Morgan sighed. She didn't want to lose the ship to the Queen, especially with such an expensive hold of treasure stowed away nicely in the cargo hold.

"When we find pilots for the Hellcats, get them to start scouting out the area. If they spot the fleet, get them to call it in, and we'll make an emergency take-off. Try to get some distance between us, the men left behind will have to take cover until we can pick them up again."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:56 pm
(Can I get a pic or a link as to what the Hellcats look like or can I make them up?)  

Siegfried006

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:38 am
((Just these.

))  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:34 pm
(Ah excellent thank you)

Valmar nodded to the Captain and made a complex hand signal to a crew member working on the bridge. Returning an order recieved signal, the crew member disappeared from sight. Looking at the Captain, he repied warily. "Finding experienced pilots for the Hellcats will be harder than others. This is a trade city after all and they dont expect battles here. I would suggest we try another city for finding pilots. As it stands now we have maybe six pilots and four surviving planes."  

Siegfried006

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:10 pm
With a sigh, Morgan wrote notes down on her chart. To find a better pilot city. To the south there were some fierce desert air pirates stationed in Zaresh, she wasn't on 'bad' terms with them. Some of the smaller towns might have a training school, or the city was almost guaranteed to be training pilots, even to defend from the pirates attacks. But like everyone else, the air pirates of Zaresh didn't like anyone that couldn't pay to fly their skies.

"We could make a run for Forniza, see if they have anyone in the pilot schools there. But we'll have to be careful, I don't think we can afford to pay to use the skies around there. We'll have to sneak in. Unless somewhere else would be training pilots."

The Captain turned to Valmar, "Meet me up on the bridge in about five hours, I'll have some more solid news then. And it should give you time to sort everything in out down here. If I'm not on the bridge I'll be in my quarters."

Heading off up the ramp again, the Captain disappeared inside the airship.

((We can skip ahead, and you can decide if she is in her quarters or on the bridge.))

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:50 pm
Saluting as the Captain walked off, Valmar decided to take this time and walk through the town. He stopped off at many of the shops and bought an item or two with his share of the gold. Making sure the two groups he sent out were doing there assigned tasks and not lollygagging, he made sure that they were making at least some progress.

**Five hours later**

Valmar walked up on deck, heading for the Captains Quarter. He was a bit later than the appointed time, but it was to be expected. The crew had nearly dropped a couple of fuel rods in his path and the main solar panel was being hoisted into position. Someone needed to keep an eye on that.
He knocked once on her door to announce his presense and he walked right on in.  

Siegfried006

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:37 am
The Captain's quarters were rather messy, but the overall walking area's were clear. Her couch was clean, a pillow up one end and a roughly folded blanket indicated that someone slept there. The desk where she was now sitting was covered in books, maps and papers. Her bed was the same, a large scale navigation chart was placed there, and looked like it had been for a long time. It had many writings on it, and a few area's were circled. It looked like she was looking for something.

"Good to see you again, come in and have a seat."
Morgan said, pointing to a chair and waving her hand at a cabinet to one side of the room. "Or help yourself to something to drink."

Once he was settled, Morgan started to explain what she had planned. They had been slowly moving further east over the past couple of months. And this showed that they would continue that pattern.

"I've called ahead and we can dock in Forniza for a week at the most. The Zaresh pirates are actually in the middle of launching a siege towards one of the more westerly towns so we should be able to avoid them."

"How is everything?"

Side RP Section <Start an RP of your own or join someone else's!>

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces