Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Something Interesting on Campus Today

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:58 pm
I know it's been a while since I posted anything here in the Guild. I've been busy.

Anyway, today as I walking from the parking lot to one of the buildings on the campus, I was approached by a man handing out small books full of Proverbs and Psalms from the Bible. I politely declined. A little later on, as I was walking towards the main building on the campus to go talk with a counselor, I was approached by another guy who was handing out the same books. Again, I politely declined and carried on my way, but as I was walking I decided to take a look around to see if there were anymore of these guys. Sure enough, by the other two parking lots on campus, were more guys handing these small books. Basically, they had every one of the main pathways covered and were stopping everyone they could.

I just found this to be a little weird as this is the first time I have ever seen this happen at my school. Also, in case you are wondering my school is public college.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:32 pm
This is my friend's professor dealing with one of those people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP2xSzcPaa0

Before you say that he's an a*****e, you have to understand that this man had been verbally abusing UCLA students for the past few days. It was only a matter of time before he picked on the wrong person.  

Lethkhar

FuzzBall 005

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:01 pm
Same thing happened with me today with my schools faith club, except more creppy. This one individual during the lunch break was following me tying to be inconspicuous about it. I do a sudden turn and yell "WHAT IS IT!" just cuase im awsome like that. She trys to hand me a flyer asking if I want eternal salvation and to love the lord. All I had to do was point to my Slayer shirt with the big pentagram on it...thats the upside down star right?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:32 pm
Lethkhar
This is my friend's professor dealing with one of those people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP2xSzcPaa0

Before you say that he's an a*****e, you have to understand that this man had been verbally abusing UCLA students for the past few days. It was only a matter of time before he picked on the wrong person.

"I teach logic, ******** he teach you logic? If so, I'm jealous.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Vorn Frost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:38 pm
that logic teacher is my hero  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:57 pm
Lethkhar

.......I bet he wouldn't sound so intellectual without an English accent. XD  

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

FuzzBall 005

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:39 pm
Vorn Frost
that logic teacher is my hero

When did I deny logic, I teach logic ********.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:51 am
[-Erik-]
Lethkhar

"I teach logic, ******** he teach you logic? If so, I'm jealous.

I don't go to UCLA; my friend does. And yeah, that guy's his philosophy teacher.  

Lethkhar

Xiporah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:33 pm
The little green books? Yeah they used to hand those out at my college all the time.

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games