Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
I am bitching and I know it (stay out if it bothers you) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:27 pm
WARNING! WHOLE LOT OF BITCHING GOING ON!
DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED

No one is required to read this. If it doth offend the higher ups, then by all means shitcan it. I'm just tired of being quiet about it, especially since I know damn good and well that some other people have been treated the same way by the same people.

Warning was officially given, now on to the bitching.

In a certain other guild that I frequent, I have noticed a disturbing trend. Instead of answering questions and actually learning and/or teaching, the "old hands" act as though they s**t gold and piss Chanel number 5. Try to say one goddamn word that contradicts them or even mildly questions their authority and you get called everything from a liar to a racist. The *only* way to not get chewed up, spit out, and pissed on for good measure is to grovel on your belly to them. I ran into them before I knew that they were members of the guild and was "gangraped" for daring to contradict them. Granted, I was an a*****e. (and guess what? I still am about some things) but when you make an assertion and then are asked for proof, and all you do is give a link and say "search through it yourself, peon"- well, it makes me angry. Especially when they get butthurt when you do that to them. And the sad thing is that they do have some good threads and good ideas. I just can't stand going there much anymore because the self-righteous pissheads are in every goddamn thread and manage to turn them all into racism by the end of it.

Unless, of course, they make it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:25 am
Hah, the only "higher-up" in this guild at the moment is me. I can't help but wonder if maybe this is partially directed at me, cause I know for sure that I tend to place a good deal of respect on familiar names (Obscurus, BlkCat, and so on). That said, there is another guild in your guild listings that, if it's the one you're ranting about, I'm entirely in agreement - I have significant reservations about one of the proponents of the PFRC and her attitude, which borders on intellectual snobbery. She takes fighting over semantics to an entirely new level.

However, "for those that like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like". A clash of personalities is inevitable in this field, I guess. At the very least, I hope your rant made some of your rage subside. =]  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:36 am
I think I was just called racist there... I mean... ethnocentrism isn't racism WTF!
burning_eyes
How the hell does race even Come into play over the internet. I have no god damn clue what any ******** person looks like! How can that even Exist online?

As to semantics... its kind of funny because I mean most of the things that they were accusing me of they were doing themselves. *shrug* I just stopped caring and started paying attention to other people in the guild/thread and I think I'm probably just going to b***h her out any time she tries to start s**t with me until she either stops or I get banned.

Its somewhat comforting to know that other people have had similar issues.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:08 am
Mitsh
Hah, the only "higher-up" in this guild at the moment is me. I can't help but wonder if maybe this is partially directed at me, cause I know for sure that I tend to place a good deal of respect on familiar names (Obscurus, BlkCat, and so on). That said, there is another guild in your guild listings that, if it's the one you're ranting about, I'm entirely in agreement - I have significant reservations about one of the proponents of the PFRC and her attitude, which borders on intellectual snobbery. She takes fighting over semantics to an entirely new level.

However, "for those that like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like". A clash of personalities is inevitable in this field, I guess. At the very least, I hope your rant made some of your rage subside. =]

Not really about the personal insult, but the general a**-hattedness, yes. I know at least one other person that was reduced to tears outside of the guild by the founders. (And this rant is strictly confined to those people, not the guild in general. Hell, the asshats even have good ideas, when they aren't being asshats.)  

erinnightwalker

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:18 am
Ishtar Shakti
I think I was just called racist there... I mean... ethnocentrism isn't racism WTF!
burning_eyes
How the hell does race even Come into play over the internet. I have no god damn clue what any ******** person looks like! How can that even Exist online?

As to semantics... its kind of funny because I mean most of the things that they were accusing me of they were doing themselves. *shrug* I just stopped caring and started paying attention to other people in the guild/thread and I think I'm probably just going to b***h her out any time she tries to start s**t with me until she either stops or I get banned.

Oh, wait til you find the thread where the prime asshat got bent out of shape because someone didn't believe her over a person they knew offline. She cried racist then, too.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:16 pm
erinnightwalker
Ishtar Shakti
burning_eyes

Oh, wait til you find the thread where the prime asshat got bent out of shape because someone didn't believe her over a person they knew offline. She cried racist then, too.

Are you serious... God...

I was informed last night to umm... return to that... Mess... and was informed that I was made to post again or now I'm a troll? gonk

So I'm a troll now... because I have like 14 hour days where in I'm not always near a computer? I think someone should make an auto troll button if your away from the computer for 2 days. Cause yah you Must be a troll then xd

I posted the definition for Racism and Race explained how what I said wasn't either of those... and they will still probably find an issue with that but out of the what 3 guilds I've been accepted to so far that one is the most active and mostly because they seem to have a huge issue with whatever it is that I say.

I at least get a response to my posts even if its skewed horribly out of context derided insulted and whatever meaning there was in it was generally digested and passed through there system in such a way that it looks like pure s**t. I don't know what they did to the good parts of my posts but I have doubts that they absorbed any of it.

You know... it surprises me how negatively some people can react to really... I don't know neutral statements? but then its a matter of perception whether its neutral.

I just want to find nice talkative people who don't insult people... respect other peoples beliefs... and have a desire to learn. I really shouldn't even have joined that guild. I mean I should have realized with there mission statement they were going to be biased and insult heavy. But then I'm all for Rehab as a concept. I guess its more the reasons people want to change others can be more self serving then to actually serve the populace. They want people who agree with them vs. wanting to help people understand there own desires and idea's.
*sigh*
I need to find more websites or something.  

Ishtar Shakti

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:53 pm
Ishtar Shakti

*sigh*

http://www.ecauldron.net/ <---- BEST. SITE. EVER. And they actually listen to you. They will call s**t if they see it, but they don't cry racism if it isn't there.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:12 am
Oh cool I'll have to look through that when I have more then 5 minutes on the computer. Well... I am gone again  

Ishtar Shakti

Magus Initi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:24 pm
Not that I know anything about whatever specific incident sparked this rant, but I will say a few general things...

Mitsh

Mitsh is right, differences in personalities and opinion will always be present, - he and I just recently differed on a subject ourselves - but there is a difference between trying to explain how you feel and why you feel that way, and saying "What, you don't agree with me?! You -insert derogatory term here-!!!" Which is why I like this guild so much. Because, for the most part, if people have differences in thoughts and opinions in this guild, we don't resort to petty name calling and silly accusations when we don't get our way.

But like I said, I don't know about what happened, so I can't say anything about that situation, just that I'm glad that we don't instantly get pissed at each other when we disagree and make mistakes. ^_^

And that, for me personally, I just want to say that even if I disagree with what someone is saying, it doesn't mean that I dislike them or think that they are full of it. It just means that I disagree with their opinion on whatever the particular topic is. I think a teensy bit of butting heads is good, because it gives everyone involved a chance to see another's perspective, if they're open to it.

I might like to have a look at this other guild, out of pure curiosity.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:16 am
erinnightwalker
Ishtar Shakti

*sigh*

http://www.ecauldron.net/ <---- BEST. SITE. EVER. And they actually listen to you. They will call s**t if they see it, but they don't cry racism if it isn't there.

I have been to this site a few times, and it is great!  

Underworld Priestess

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:16 pm
Magus Initi
Not that I know anything about whatever specific incident sparked this rant, but I will say a few general things...

Mitsh

Mitsh is right, differences in personalities and opinion will always be present, - he and I just recently differed on a subject ourselves - but there is a difference between trying to explain how you feel and why you feel that way, and saying "What, you don't agree with me?! You -insert derogatory term here-!!!" Which is why I like this guild so much. Because, for the most part, if people have differences in thoughts and opinions in this guild, we don't resort to petty name calling and silly accusations when we don't get our way.

But like I said, I don't know about what happened, so I can't say anything about that situation, just that I'm glad that we don't instantly get pissed at each other when we disagree and make mistakes. ^_^

And that, for me personally, I just want to say that even if I disagree with what someone is saying, it doesn't mean that I dislike them or think that they are full of it. It just means that I disagree with their opinion on whatever the particular topic is. I think a teensy bit of butting heads is good, because it gives everyone involved a chance to see another's perspective, if they're open to it.

I might like to have a look at this other guild, out of pure curiosity.

Butting heads is fine. Calling someone who has made one post a liar, a racist, a culture rapist, etc. based on said post is not butting heads to me. confused But the experience did spark a few good things, and for the most part I have put it behind me (kinda sorta maybe not as much as I should but it takes time). xd Truly, I really do prefer this guild because people listen before calling s**t. Maybe its the management's position on magic and occult in general. Though I must say that some of the people involved in my incident did not like when I called them fundamentalist pagans. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:33 pm
fundamentalist Pagans? Maybe its because of all the negative connotations of being a fundamentalist in general?
I've never heard that term before  

Ishtar Shakti

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:39 pm
Ishtar Shakti
fundamentalist Pagans? Maybe its because of all the negative connotations of being a fundamentalist in general?
I've never heard that term before

I kinda meant to imply that (by that time I was rather... heated) but its popped up other places. Anyone can be a fundamentalist.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:59 am
I so know the kindof people you are talking about and they are just plan jerks.  

Underworld Priestess

Satrevi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:55 am
This is why I hate sharing information on the internet. Truth be told I am usually the one lurking. If I happen to learn something from reading the other person's post. They don't have to know.

Even when I join a guild I do an a*****e screening. This one guy was all gung ho on satanism trying to link people to it. Even to the point of acting all sinister and saying, "Feed your nourished mind young one."

He wasn't talking to me when he said that and it's a good thing or I would have laughed my a** off about how intimidating he was trying to come off as.

So, I locate the books and decide to at least see what he's trying to lead to.

I find, s**t, pure unadulterated s**t. All it is, is an inversion of Christianity. I think Christianity is full of s**t too but if it makes people live a better life and they aren't a jerk about it I don't care what other people believe.

I ended up leaving the guild because I just don't take satanism seriously. I really don't. These are the branches I have run into. The laveyist, Ok.... anyone that could see fit to say hail satan, even if it's in a non believer context or someone who doesn't actually worship satan saying that. That I just find amusing.

Then the philosophical and sometimes agnostic satanist. Heh, so... You're basically just in agreement with some satanic philosophies. Why don't you just say that then? No need for a fancy label.

The ritual satanist... Yeah, you don't really scare me either. But if any of you try to lay hands on me for a ritual I am going to try and hurt you. I know in some places there are ritual satanists who honestly do sacrifices.

This guy in the guild I left was in support of human sacrifices xd

Now, there is one type of satanist entirely too rare to find but one I don't mind meeting. The polite, civil worshipper. Who makes it a point to keep his beliefs away from strangers on the internet. And when you talk to him or her they are really nice since you have given them no reason to be unfriendly.

Oh, oh, oh, mrgreen I also found some straight edge witches on gaia once. I asked them why they didn't just call themselves conservative witches.

Face it, sometimes labels do get taken to a ridiculous level.

Not to mention how we have solitary wiccans who have never actually been initiated into wicca. Anything with Neo on the front of it I don't take seriously. No, nothing to do with that. I am pagan. Pure and simple.

Then on the internet you also find psychic vampires and sanguine vampires. Which I do not believe for one second.

Which is another reason why I usually don't post in all the topics I read or share too much information about myself.

This is my system. I join a guild. Using a join request. I make a few posts. If I get replies, test passed, people check the guild. I make a few more replies, Ok, people start talking and the surveillance begins.

Then, I make sure I'm not talking to a bunch of jerks, or people who can't take an opinionated personality. Since I know I am most definitely opinionated and it rubs people the wrong way sometimes. I make sure I'm not talking to people who read a few magic books and now think they are initiated or suddenly know better than anyone else they talk to. I make sure I am talking to people who will intelligently reply and give me something to think about in my topics.

Once this screening process is over and I find a good chemistry with a guild. Then I'll share a little bit about how I do things since the undesired company isn't around.

Even then though, if I was to share anything in detail past that. I would go to PM. Simply because some information I do not think should be public for all to see. I think going astral is one of those things.

I also hate how people will break up posts and respond to each little section one at a time. Which almost always ends up derailing further and further what I was trying to get across because my posts are meant to be taken as a whole.

I don't even mind so much when people have no clue what they're talking about. If they are up front about their lack of experience.

But I think it is funny as hell watching people share every detail of what they do on the internet of all places. I have been the target of malicious attacks before. For no good reason other than the said individual was pissed off and wanted to terrorize guildies. And honestly, if you do share every detail of your rituals and how you do them over the internet. You need to knock it off in my opinion.

Because you are sharing your strengths and weaknesses for anyone malicious to see. You should ALWAYS, ALWAYSSSSSSS keep a few things secret that you don't tell anyone about. This is your safe guard from attack.  
The Café (General Chat)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff