Phyllis Gabor
Captain

8,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:26 pm
User Image

This forum is for discussion of the Jem series. Talk about your favorite characters, episodes, etc. What you liked (i.e. Pizzazz), what you didn't (i.e. Jem). Where you thought the plot could have gone had the series continued..... and so forth.

I imagine some heated debates will ensue, but please be respectful of other people's opinion and follow the TOS (blah, blah, blah). stressed heart

Please create your own topic for a specific discussion.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:42 am
Did anyone else think this was strange? Rio was in a relationship with both Jem and Jerrica, not knowing that they were the same person. Jem/Jerrica knew this, and yet she felt guilty for deceiving him. At one point Jerrica got Jealous of Jem for the attention she got from Rio and the general public (Glitter and Gold episode), but other than that, she seemed fine with the fact that Rio was cheating on her. Even as a child, I thought that was pretty messed up. What kind of message does that send to young impressionable girls?  

Phyllis Gabor
Captain

8,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100

BlueLuva1

Beloved Friend

9,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 pm
Phyllis Gabor
Did anyone else think this was strange? Rio was in a relationship with both Jem and Jerrica, not knowing that they were the same person. Jem/Jerrica knew this, and yet she felt guilty for deceiving him. At one point Jerrica got Jealous of Jem for the attention she got from Rio and the general public (Glitter and Gold episode), but other than that, she seemed fine with the fact that Rio was cheating on her. Even as a child, I thought that was pretty messed up. What kind of message does that send to young impressionable girls?

I found the whole Jem/Jerrica/Rio thing to be incredibly strange. And Jerrica had so many opportunities to tell Rio the truth. What did she think he'd do, tell the Misfits about it? I don't think so. She knew that he hates to be lied to, but she did it anyway and in the end, no one found out about Jem and Jerrica being the same girl. In the last season of the show, the producers got really sloppy and I think they even had Jerrica singing a Jem song in front of people. Horrible. Simply horrible. I still love the show though. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:41 am
I won't even go into the whole Rio the two timing b*****d thing. No, I want to talk about the Holograms song that doesn't fit.

Last Laugh.

Lyrically, it's nothing like the other Holograms songs, in fact it feels like it could have been a Kimber and Stormer song, it's lighter than the Misfits songs, but far more snarky than Holograms usual fare.

One of the few Holograms songs that I like, actually. It's not sugary, it's powerful and sends a good message (something I've always found the Holograms fell in second place to Misfits in, at least after the pilot/first season greed songs)

I can't understand how this song came to be, so very different in tone from the rest, and so good.  

Roxy Pelligrini

BlueLuva1

Beloved Friend

9,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 pm
I think the worst song in the whole series was Taking A Train by the Holograms. What a terrible song. Like who wrote it, a fetus question What an irritating freaking song. Who is with me question  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:47 pm
BlueLuva1
I think the worst song in the whole series was Taking A Train by the Holograms. What a terrible song. Like who wrote it, a fetus question What an irritating freaking song. Who is with me question
Oh god, yes. Those lyrics are.... a joke! It's a freaking joke.  

Roxy Pelligrini

I SO VERY----- I

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:21 pm
Phyllis Gabor

I'm seeing the series for the first time now that I'm older but it is messed up--i wish she would have told him in the end-- but i think if they didn't throw the whole cheating/jealousy thing into the show, it would have been less interesting.. i still don't get why Jerrica thought it was a good idea..Quite a few times Jem has been like "Rio, just hold me--Jerrica would understand" <--from the fashion book/whale tank ep --- she was practically begging him to cheat as Jem..and then later on she's the one who gets jealous of her other self..

I love the midsummer night's madness episode because even the other holograms think she's ridiculous when she makes up a 3rd identity to test Rio with..

lol at the end Synergy tells her that it just goes to show Rio will fall in love with her no matter what she looks like--but really it means he'll cheat on her with anyone he falls in love with XD she's lucky they've all been her so far..  
Puttin' It All Together: Plot Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games