Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
evolution discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FuzzBall 005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:45 pm
I was talking to this guy about evolution and he told me that he thought it was "Crazy batshit that a drunken monkey rapist made up and how evolution defies god." So I told him about how a few days ago a bird split off into a whole new species, or was it that we discovered a bird that helped prove evolution...meh, and he told me that god wanted it to evolve...yep...really screwed himself.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:26 am
So his argument AGAINST the entire concept of evolution is agreeing that evolution occured?

...what?

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100

alteregoivy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:26 am
Yeah, I've had some resistance to evolution... Many times, though, it's an agreement with micro evolution but a refusal to accept macro evolution. For example, the genesis of life, DNA somehow evolving into a single-celled organism. I'm not sure what to say there.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:42 pm
alteregoivy
Yeah, I've had some resistance to evolution... Many times, though, it's an agreement with micro evolution but a refusal to accept macro evolution. For example, the genesis of life, DNA somehow evolving into a single-celled organism. I'm not sure what to say there.

Primordial Soup.

Scientists shocked a mixture of chemicals with "lab-lightning", this produced amino acids.
Cells and Bacteria are made from amino acids.

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items