Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:58 pm
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Opened: December 5th
Closed: December 17th

Welcome all once again to the Numenore Gift Exchange! I am here to provide my services as the gift exchanger. So in order for this to work I need to know who wants to attend. If you want to participate then just send me a PM or post in here that you want to join and I will add you to the list. (A PM will probably be better if the list gets lost. If you do PM me put secret santa as the subject.)

Anyways the way it works is on the 17th I will take all the names and pair them with partners per randomness of randomizer.com And once I have all the pairs I will send a PM to each participant informing you of who you are getting a present for. At this time there is no spending limit, though I will set one if someone presents a good aregument for it.

Gift-wrapping your present will make the experience even more christmassy so at least try to do that before sending it off. However I know, as we all do, that several Gaia features tend to be glitchy so if the feature isn't available then we will go without. Finally, once you have the name of your partner you can buy the gift and then send it per your convienience, but for the sake of tradition don't open them until X-Mas!

That is all for now. So get those PMs out and tell everyone in the guild about the festivities!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:00 pm
List of participants:

Onoj
Teh Imy
Thaxul
Hironaur
Zurgi
Curumo
Kementari
Falathrim
Niere
PearlZenith
Menegil
Glorfirith Annun  

Onoj

Zurgi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:27 pm
There a price range for this?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:01 pm
I leabe the 17th to Mexico, otherwise I'd play. Have fun everyone!  

churrlo

Zurgi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:23 pm
Oooh, I have another idea.

Price range + people list some items they might want whee  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:38 pm
Well I was going to set a price limit but then I thought that would be weird. So I left it open. I addressed the fact in my post that there would be no set limit, but apparently you didn't read that part. Lol

I will work on the idea for a list of what the people who are participating want for christmas. So I assume you are going to be on the list as well?  

Onoj

Thaxul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:24 am
For anyone buying for me, I have a pretty extensive wishlist in my profile. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:03 pm
Me? Read full posts? Nooo. Never.

My argument for a price range is that people will get a sense of what to spend. I'm sure (though no one would voice this outwardly) that people would feel upset if they spent a lot of gold on a gift yet recieved something crappy in return. Likewise, I'm sure they'd feel somewhat guilty if they spent less on a gift yet recieved something phenomenal.

Catch my drift?

=)  

Zurgi

Kementari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:10 am
I want to join.

Yay me.

But since I'm an X, it will be Yrch who would get the item.
Um. Yrchs poor, so Kem would be buying it and sending it.

They are working together.
Yay them.

Whoever gets me whatever, please make it something non-gender specific.
Something both male and female avis can wear.

That's my request.
I don't really have a wishlist, although I could think of some things I want if I really tried.

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:07 pm
A price range would ruin a secret santa, or so I think.

I'm in.

And we really should advertise this in the subforum somewhere. Numenore gets no traffic these days.  

Falathrim

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:16 pm
Well, if you guys are against a price range, that's perfectly fine with me *shrugs* Twas just a suggestion ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:44 pm
I'll join. Surprises are always fun. At least, before they're no longer surprises.  

PearlZenith

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:59 pm
*throws in his two-cents* Price ranges shouldn't be set. They weren't set last year, and some people got some nifty gifts for X-mas. (Onoj, for example. wink ) But anyways, intention is what it's all about, not the price of the gift. I gave someone a Nitemare Scarf for X-mas, and got something a lot cheaper in exchange. And although I didn't find much use for it, I kept it and cherished it. Because it was a meaningful gift. 3nodding

Anyways, I'm in as well. I hope I can get a gift that can measure up to my love for you guys. 3nodding mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:11 pm
Menegil
*throws in his two-cents* Price ranges shouldn't be set. They weren't set last year, and some people got some nifty gifts for X-mas. (Onoj, for example. wink ) But anyways, intention is what it's all about, not the price of the gift. I gave someone a Nitemare Scarf for X-mas, and got something a lot cheaper in exchange. And although I didn't find much use for it, I kept it and cherished it. Because it was a meaningful gift. 3nodding

Anyways, I'm in as well. I hope I can get a gift that can measure up to my love for you guys. 3nodding mrgreen

surprised whee *Huggles Menegil*  

Imyavie

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:32 pm
Falathrim
A price range would ruin a secret santa, or so I think.

I'm in.

And we really should advertise this in the subforum somewhere. Numenore gets no traffic these days.

Pure chance that I wandered in.

Sign me up Scotty! biggrin

. . .

I mean Onoj. ninja  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out