Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The irony

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:21 pm
Americans tend to teach their kids to be individuals, but yet the parents request their kids to believe what they believe and how they should act in society.

So what if I'm atheist? So what if I'm bisexual? So what if I'm whatever.
You say I can be whoever I want but yet you stress your beliefs on to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:13 am
While it isn't what they mean, the smart ones would reply thus:
"I respect your descision to be different from me, but it is wrong for [reasons]. As such, I want you to become like me of your own free will, and to do such as an expression of your individuality."

Again, that isn't what they mean, but if they were smart, that's what they'd say.  

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

pure seyelance

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:46 pm
Gracchvs Robespierre
While it isn't what they mean, the smart ones would reply thus:
"I respect your descision to be different from me, but it is wrong for [reasons]. As such, I want you to become like me of your own free will, and to do such as an expression of your individuality."

Again, that isn't what they mean, but if they were smart, that's what they'd say.

so what your saying is, that if they were smart, they would not want others to not be like themselves, even though they respect that, narcissistic much?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:39 pm
many people want their kids to become individuals but they don't want their kids ENTIRELY different from them. I mean I wouldn't want a kid that murdered, or raped, or never did his homework (you get the idea, and yeah I know the last example is a fail compared to the seriousness of the other two). Many Christians (or religious folk in general) believe that their religion is the ultimate truth and so they want their children to subscribe to their belief system because they don't want their child on the wrong path. They want to guide their children in the right direction. After all, that is supposed to be what parents are for, and they honestly and quite sincerely believe that raising the kid religiously is a good choice.  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

I Am A Mountie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:22 pm
Its funny how people wants to be recognized for their talents and individuality, yet they want to fit in and not stick out.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:32 pm
UNDEAD !!! REVOLUTION !!! ONE !!! TWO !!! THREE !!! GO !!!!!

twisted

and in the end, we'll find the rest

pure seyelance

pure seyelance

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:28 pm
D i v i n i t y
many people want their kids to become individuals but they don't want their kids ENTIRELY different from them. I mean I wouldn't want a kid that murdered, or raped, or never did his homework (you get the idea, and yeah I know the last example is a fail compared to the seriousness of the other two). Many Christians (or religious folk in general) believe that their religion is the ultimate truth and so they want their children to subscribe to their belief system because they don't want their child on the wrong path. They want to guide their children in the right direction. After all, that is supposed to be what parents are for, and they honestly and quite sincerely believe that raising the kid religiously is a good choice.

ok and what your saying is that, people are scared of others decisions technically..? whole god delusion is a curse to people, i knew a person who saw something on the news where a person raped and killed people because he thought 'god' wanted him to  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:36 pm
LimeIzMyFaveColor
Americans tend to teach their kids to be individuals, but yet the parents request their kids to believe what they believe and how they should act in society.

So what if I'm atheist? So what if I'm bisexual? So what if I'm whatever.
You say I can be whoever I want but yet you stress your beliefs on to me.

Read my signature...  

Unrelenting Bloodlust

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces