Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Personal Issues [LOCKED]
Religious Issues Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oni_Soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:23 pm
Religion is a big topic now-in-days. All I ask is that you have an open mind and be curtious to other religions in this topic.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:25 pm
I'm an atheist, and in my school I'm one out of very few. A lot of people are bashing me about being one (verbally), and it's bothering me a lot. Religious extremists and nut jobs live at my school, so it's really annoying.

Give me a smart come back that'll baffle them, or something. >_>;;  

Unrelinquished Despair

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:29 pm
Same here, I go to a catholic school and I'm a freaking atheist. But I always tell them to ******** off and lose their virginity already.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:30 pm
i say ignore them skates it's your religion who cares what they think?

my religion is of a phrase "shall no child or adult believe in god yet celebrate every holiday and have a voice in the world and be independant loved and have the most caring heart let yourself be heard...your voice rise amongst others and sing like a bird yet be gentle like your heat let no human being or soul force you to say the or do stuff of the USA or any other country you shall be independant forever and always have a arguement to anything and will not stop till you are heard and respected!"  

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

Oni_Soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:31 pm
lollerskates101
I'm an atheist, and in my school I'm one out of very few. A lot of people are bashing me about being one (verbally), and it's bothering me a lot. Religious extremists and nut jobs live at my school, so it's really annoying.

Im Jewish, I have gotten s**t ever since second grade when a kid told me that I was going to burn in Hell because I was Jewish. Then in eigth grade, I got into a verbal fight with this kid, then when I turn my back he called me a k**e, which is basicly calling a black person the 'N' word. So, I whipped around, punched the kid in the face and threw him into a metal rail.

But I have studied all of the major religions and they are all basically the same. So I have also been on and off about God, if there is one. Its really wierd. I understand your view point and I know about the words they say and all I can say is shut them out, or tell them to ******** off.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Well im mormon, but unlike most of them im open to every relgious believe. I beleive no religion is wrong and that it all goes to the same means, even atheist. lol i know it sounds werid and ahrd to explian but idk.

Anyway my fav comeback to that would be.

"Well if there is a god then let him strike me down...*waits and no strike down* oh look still here"

classic  

bb3000ae

Desirable Lover

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:35 pm
I've got to use tha that one bb rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:37 am
Religion is ridiculous. People will verbally attack a person because of what they believe, people will hurt people because of what they believe, people will kill people just because of something they believe. Something that isn't even a sure thing, yet there is so much hurt just because of believing.  

Scrapples

Profitable Smoker

2,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200

WereWeasels

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:49 am
lollerskates101

Well they haven't really made a religion for me yet, So I'll have to name mine.

Anyway, do you tell people that you are atheist every now and then? I know that some religious people might feel uncomfortable with that, but they usually leave it alone. I do know that if you keep saying it, at first people don't care, but then they start getting annoyed. I know because there is an athiest kid at my school, that will bring up that he is an atheist all the time, and people just ignore him or are annoyed.

Also, I like Oni's idea. There's nothing that violence cannot solve mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:18 am
Yeah, if you're an atheist good for you, but kinda keep it on the down low if you don't want to get bashed. Then if somebody straight asks you if you're an atheist and asks you why, just say "I can't believe in a silent God." Don't be rude to them or make fun of them for still believing. Just be cool about it.

I'm a believer, and though I feel slightly ashamed for trying to help atheists stay...atheists, I don't think it's right to be picked on for what you believe (or in this case, don't believe). lol  

Fist of the Bro Star

Shirtless Seraph

Unrelinquished Despair

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:20 am
I'm not oblivious to religion.

Does it not say in the bible (or something alone the lines.) to harm no man, or whatever? o: That all men are equal-blahblahblah. Or am I getting mixed up with the constitution?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:21 am
I don't like religion.  

Scrapples

Profitable Smoker

2,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200

iZann

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:40 am
My religion story is slightly complicated O_o

Where to start? I won't say I'm a Christian because I don't believe there's a Heaven and Hell, or if you use contraception then God won't like you. All I'm going to say is that I believe there is someone, or something watching us, but not necessarily to the point that if you steal then you go to Hell, etc.

Hmm...as for my religion, my Grandparents (mother's side) were Muslims, so my Mother was baptised as a Muslim when she was a baby. So technically I'm half-Muslim, which does not mean anything because I know next to nothing about this religion and I don't follow it anyway. Neither does my Mother, she was only baptised.

As for my other Grandparents (father's side), they're really into the traditional Chinese religion, I have absolutely no idea what it is called or whether it has a name. So my Grandmother is always telling me to study hard, be a good boy, take care of my parents, etc, so my next life will be enjoyable. I always look at her with rolleyes this expression. And she's always burning paper money meant for the dead and incense, hoping that our dead relatives will protect us. She's always telling me how she can still see them walking around... O_o

I have 1 uncle who's Catholic and another uncle who's Buddhist, and they're forever trying to get me to join them.

So, all in all, I'm half-muslim and half-Chinese-religion, I have Buddhist and Catholic relatives, and I used to go to a Christian school. Complicated, eh?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:53 am
is it khabala?

I know there are a few indian religions like your grandmothers, in which they believe in karma, which means that the badder you are in this life, the worst your next life will be.  

WereWeasels

irishshamrock12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:22 am
Ive got a problem my mom is Catholic and my dad is Protestant, it's like having your mom be a Neo-Nazi, and your dad be Jewish.  
Personal Issues [LOCKED]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff