Reply The Anime Art Academy
Brutal Critique Wanted Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Salsa Mime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:44 pm
Thanks for clicking. Anyway, I'd like as much constructive criticism as possible and as brutally honest as possible. I don't need compliments. None of this are works-in-progress; but I intend to use criticism and suggestions to understand how I should challenge myself. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:45 pm
Mairi Poppy
Thanks for clicking. Anyway, I'd like as much constructive criticism as possible and as brutally honest as possible. I don't need compliments. None of this are works-in-progress; but I intend to use criticism and suggestions to understand how I should challenge myself. Thanks in advance.

Ugh . .  

Salsa Mime

Bloodied Chains

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:02 pm
Well I have nuthin to Crit, but you could challenge your self by trying a new style time to time. You could never have too many styles. Try a semi realism of anime or somtin. Your style is unique and your coloring is amazing. Im just suggestin for you to try diffrent styles.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:45 pm
Thanks for your critique; and it is a very good suggestion that you posed. I do venture into other styles of figure drawing ( such as this ) , and I hope to take a formal class on anatomy eventually.  

Salsa Mime

TinyChinaDoll

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:50 am
Don't hide the hands!

Learn to draw them well :: hiding them shows a lack of ability ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:11 am
Thank you for taking your time to critique; avoiding anything because it;s difficult is a bad idea. However, the hands are only hidden in the first drawing, and there only because the poses demanded it. Currently, I am working on hands. Thanks again.  

Salsa Mime

K33n

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:38 pm
Allright in 1. I see smudges, and spaces with poorly mixed colors. Your background looks sor of airy anyway, but these things look a bit rushed (I understand how it is, I'm working on a 16x20 self portrait in colored pencils and I'm just about ready to burn it)

And on 4, that mouth is just a bit too bright and big, as are the eyes.

But yeah, my sentiments aside, thats all i see. I'm sure theres more, but I can't see it right now, or decide if it's just style. Your characters are good, its a pretty unique style, I'm not exactly sure what I'd call it. It's something I'd expect to see in a comic, not an anime, but yeah.

Looking forward to more,
Keene  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:43 pm
Thanks alot for the critique K33n.

Yeah, on 1 was going fora vignette` effect, but I definatly did poorly. And your right, rushing on it caused alot problems with the blending later on. I was getting pretty anxious.

I keep kicking myself for that mouth on four; I forgot to shade it before finishing it; only realized when it was too late.

Thanks for he stuff about my style; I really enjoy it when people say that. Ironically, I'm actually working on doing some comics in my spare time.

Also, new drawing for you guys to tear apart here. I'm aware of that annoying black patch; mistake during the process.  

Salsa Mime

Seority

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:56 pm
your style of drawing is awsome and so unique!
i love its!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:39 pm
In the 3rd drawing, the right leg is very unproportioned. The feet is too big.

[Sorry I don't enough time to check them all. The num. 3 is the only one I just check.]

Rebirth Project

shoushirei

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:49 am
1. The angles on the faces are too unnatural. Try to make the chins a little bit more prominent (I noticed this because I ALWAYS have this problem with face shapes!). Otherwise, I really like the shading!
2. The hair is a little stiff and 2D looking. I like the character's left hand, but the right could use a little more detail and something is wrong with the legs but I can't quite put my finger on it.
3. I LOVE this one and think it's awesome. The details on the pants are really well done and the hair, if rather odd, adds to the overall feel of the pic.
4. The hair's a little too poofy for my tastes, but I like the pose, especially the legs and feet.

Overall, good job! Only a few things need tweaking, but ultimately I'm rather fond of your style (it's very unique!)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:09 am
Thanks for the constructive criticism shoushirei.

1. I'll be the first to admit my faces are extremely unnatural. I hope to take an indepth course somewhere to gain a higher understanding of it. I was thinking about studying some caricature aswell.
2. I agree with you on the hair; I think I messed up transfering from pencil to pen and thrn again to color; ending up with what we have here. I can't tell which hand your critisizing, but in looking at them trying to find what you said, I've realized the hand holding the . . . dagger thing (suddenly forgot the name) is tilted too much away to be holding that weapon. Thanks. The only problem I can see with the legs that cannot be attributed the way I current draw people is the folds in the pants; which begin and end too harshly, making it look like some kind of wierd stretchy material. I was practicing with some new hard colored pencils and didn't know how they acted.
3. Thanks, I had alot of fun drawing that one.
4. Initial drawing of the picture had the hair less a solid poffy mass; the out edges were thinner or just separtes strands of hair. I messed up during coloring though.

Thank you very much, the comment of being unique is one of the best that can be given. And thanks again for tearing my drawings a new one.  

Salsa Mime

sakura_Asakura

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:15 pm
well, I don't know how brutal I can be with your art, it's kinda in the not too good not too bad section. I suggest that you just keep practicing ^^  
The Anime Art Academy

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff