Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elemental Genesis

Back to Guilds

The world is full of darkness and light. Each trying to take the other over. How can you stop the conflict? Join Genesis! 

Tags: Light, Dark, Elemental, Genesis, Roleplay 

Reply Elemental Plains (Neutral Territory)
Cavern of the Oracle Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yokai Manekineko
Crew

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:59 pm
Cavern of the Oracle

Overlooking the steep inclines of the mountain sanctuary, a steppe extends for a handful of meters before opening to the imposing maw of a enormous cave. The opening has no particular allure to it other then its great size, but as one continues forward into the darkness the walls soon smooth out and take on fanciful carvings of creatures of legend and myth. Deep within the cavern light from flickering braziers lights the black stone of the inner most chamber, a vaulted dome of rock large enough to accommodate even the largest of beasts.

Contrary to most beliefs, the Oracles abode is sparsely decorated. To the front of inner chamber is a crudely constructed mahogany table circled by three chairs. The fourth chair is backed against a nearby wall and stacked with an assortment of leather bound books and strewn with carefully written pages of premonitions, prophecy and visions. Next to the chair is a mahogany chest filled with oriental clothing, and topping the dark wood are numerous black candles, each lit with blue flame instead of the traditional soft yellow. Finally, before the chest is a mattress of goose down, covered in red and white fabric and topped with soft furs.

(Posts are starting to be deleted off of the older thread.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:28 pm
“Take all the little stinging jabs at me you’d like Calypso Seldab,” standing from her rickety seat as if pulled by a mysterious puppeteer’s strings, Byakuren leisurely strolled to the opposite side of the table. Lifting her magenta gaze from the stone floor, her expression was far more amused as compared to how venomous her words had been. Slipping her slight form to sit at the edge of the table, her single hand lifted to tenderly stroke Calyspo’s metallic hued locks, “so hansom, so fair of hair, a warriors build…every woman’s dream.” Sarcasm. Lowering her hand, it came to caress the side of his cheek with the very tips of her fingers. Byakuren’s eyes were half lidded as she smiled down at him, her white hair slipping around her shoulders as she leaned closer. “I know you.”

Whispered, Byakuren’s voice was eclipsed by that of a man’s. “A boy trained in Xim, you were a prodigy only rival by Dimitri, a boy of similar age. You two always ended in a draw in matches, weather your master stopped you or not. But Dimitri never graduated; he was expelled for learning dark arts. That irked you to no end, you knew he was stronger then you and you did everything in your power to continue with Xim and graduate. Later in life you kept searching for him determined to show your superiority to him. You found a swords master; you learned much from him in your ‘quest’ but your teacher was poisoned in his sleep, leaving you as his disciple along with the armor you now wear.” Slowly, the masculine voice of Slemrof, Calypso’s master, left Byakuren and she continued to lean closer. “And all you’ve wanted since then is to become the greatest swordsman the world over.”

Slipping off the table, she dropped her hand and paced away. “Understand that strength of body and strength in the elements is not ‘power’. Yes, those strengths are part of power but so are charisma, mental acuity and relationships of all kinds. Power is a balancing act, to much of something and you tumble down the proverbial mountainside and away from what you’ve strived for, for so long. But, if you won’t take my word for it, beyond this mountain range is a vast desert just past the rain shadow. To the south east is a miniscule oasis, if you can even call it that. There is nothing remarkable about it, now glowing water, no huge and thriving palms. Go there just before the rainy season begins and wait for the first thunder storm, then drink from the oasis waters as the rain falls and lighting flashes. Those allied with the lightening elements will gain a greater understanding of the element and a blessing by the ‘Genesis’ of the element. A blessing of elemental strength.”

Yokai Manekineko
Crew

Beloved Gawker

Awesome Sensei
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:25 pm
Fluffy was enraged. The ugly man that stood before them was getting advice. It growled in discontent as its master spoke. The gigantic dragon lifted its tail, and fire began to circle around the beast, until finally so much flames engulfed him, that the rocks around the dragon began to melt. A large growl began to erupt from it until finally a blast of power erupted from it. The dragon was angry, and it was glaring straight at Calypso. Fluffy burst forward and blew fire into the air. A tear of fire erupted from its mouth, and it began to run deeper into the cave, anger and sadness overcoming it. It was like a jealous dog, with Calypso's wish slightly granted, Fluffy had less time with Byakuren. As it looked around, it had a pinged feeling of sadness for torching her home once again. She was a good master, and Fluffy came back, with its head down, so that she could smack him on the pout, like she usually did in times when others came.

[ya didn't really know what to post]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:24 pm
"If they sting, i'll wear some protection then." The man told Byakuren in a cocky tone. Perhaps the others will get the joke, but it did not matter if they did or not.

The platinum warrior began to notice Byakuren walk behind him, touching his hair and even giving him a nice comment about his hair and physique.

"It can be your reality if you want it to be." the platinum warrior told the oracle as he could feel her cold hands rubbing alongside his face. The warrior then exhaled throughout his nose, indicating that this feeling did not feel to bad as he then rubbed his hand alongside hers. It would seem like they were getting to know each other a bit more to others; after all, The platinum haired man did like to move fast.

The oracle then leaned over to whisper in the man's ear, lending her his ear to see if this would escalate. What the oracle then said in the man's ear kept the man silent. Usually when you have a name such as oracle, you would know things about a person such as their name and past. As a matter of fact, the man would be a bit dissapointed if she did not know anything about him. But it was the voice that he heard that suprised him; instead of the oracle's soothing, yet somewhat powerful voice, it was none other than the person that the man who took him in; made the platinum haired warrior the man he is today.

"It's been a while since i heard him." he said to himself in a low tone, only being heard by Byakuren.

From there, it seemed like the oracle finally gave some useful information for the platinum haired warrior; he was all ears this time around. She told him of an oasis south east from there and to travel there before the rain season begun. From there, he would drink the oasis water after the thunderstorm initiates. Once then the power that he was seeking would be obtained and would be one step closer to fulfilling his goal.

The platinum warrior then released himself from his chair and saw fluffy acting up a bit more, as if it was mad that the warrior had obtained exactly what he wanted. The platinum haired warrior paid no attention to fluffy this time as he gave one last sentence to Byakuren before he was off.

"Thanks, and i'll keep that in mind."  

Agent Code Monkey

Doctor Corn
Crew

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:43 pm
Alex yelled and jumped out of the way as a streak of fire slipped out of the cave, burning his right hand. Wincing at the pain as he gripped his hand across his body, he thought Crap, if I get into a fight in here, i'll probably die if that small fire burned me this much. Wrapping his injured hand in his robe, he continued on his quest to seek advice from this so-called oracle. If she could tell him what side he should choose, rebel or the king's side, or anything about his future or past, he would take her advice.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:25 pm
Tatsuya finally made it, finding one person nearly burned to death by a streak of fire. As he kept walking closer and closer to the entrance, his mind wandered.
What should I wish for? I've been concentrating so hard on getting here that I never thought of what to wish for. Why am I here anyway? As he got closer to the man his body began to warm again. He placed a hand on his shoulder and gently pushed him out of the way. He never even looked at him, just spoke short and terse.
"Move. You're in my way." He walked past him and saw the oracle, pale white with a dragon and another man in the room. The man was not familiar to him and had platinum colored hair. Tatsuya just stood there where he walked in from, not sure what he should do or be doing. He crossed his arms and closed his eyes as he waited for someone to acknowledge his entrance as he thought hard about what he should ask.  

Firebrand666

Yokai Manekineko
Crew

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:12 pm
"Fluffy!" Whirling away from Calypso and his retreating back, Byakuren gave the dragon the 'evil eye' as he scuttled back to her from the depths of the cave. He was a jealous creature and she could forgive him much, but in company his antics were unwanted. As he came closer, she held up her hand and flicked him on the tip of the nose like a bad cat. "Go lay down and stop acting up, be patient. After my work is done we'll go for a ride all over the mountain side." Patting his snout shortly, Byakuren yet again reached down to her katana and relieved the blade from the sheathe to cool the air. "No more jets of flame either, or we won't be going out."

Finished with Fluffy she turned towards the entrance and the yelp she'd heard when the blast of flame had passed through. She was stopped though by the appearance of a young man with his arms crossed eyes closed. "You, I would presume your here for a reading, a wish..." Returning her katana to the sheathe, she turned and motioned for him to follow her back to her living area.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:26 pm
Tatsuya opened his eyes when she heard the voice of the oracle. He assumed she was speaking to him, as the man with platinum hair was walking towards him, leaving to go do something. He followed the Oracle, walking next to the platinum haired man. When he was side by side with him he muttered a phrase.
"Oedipus Complex..." He kept walking and followed the Oracle to a different room. From what he could tell it was a living room, by the furniture in the place.

He looked around the room before turning his gaze towards the oracle. His green eyes seemed dull as he stared, still wracking his brain for what to ask. He said nothing as he stood there, silence filling the room like an odorless gas.  

Firebrand666

Yokai Manekineko
Crew

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:54 pm
Silently appraising her next customer, Byakuren stopped and placed her hand on her hip. Gray, enigmatic...they were the first descriptors that came to mind. "Tatsuya..." Sighing out his name, she waited a moment more in anticipation filled silence only to find him to be staring. "Please, a question if you would." Whisking her white locks back behind her shoulder, Byakuren gingerly hooked the right side of her straight hair behind her ear.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:01 am
The oracle knowing his name didn't even faze Tatsuya. Being an oracle, he had assumed she would know his name and other things about him. He remained silent until she spoke again. Finally ready to speak, he stepped forward.
"I know I'm not normal. I wasn't born under the normal pretenses of birth. So why was I created? What's the purpose of my existence?" He figured he wouldn't get an answer. That's one of the biggest questions of the universe. Tatsuya began to remember one instance where a friend of his had asked some computer the same question and got the oddest answer: 42. He didn't know if he'd get the same answer or not, but he hoped he wouldn't. He needed to know what he was put on this plane of existence for.
"I can understand if you can't help me. I'm sure you get a lot of questions like this one, but it's the only thing I honestly want answered. There's nothing else I can think of." He continued to stare, his face now filled with hope and earnest at what he would hopefully soon discover.  

Firebrand666

Yokai Manekineko
Crew

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:43 am
"Ah, the eternal question." Closing the distance between herself and Tatsuya, Byakuren's alabaster hand strayed to touch his shoulder. Touch, it was one of the small pleasures she couldn't help but indulge in no matter the situation. Letting her thin fingers drift higher, she pushed his gray bangs away from his eyes and allowed her hand to hover at the side of his neck. "What an interesting birth, bore by the elements and multiple deities."

Byakuren's typical cold amusement softened, existence was a subject that she felt was not the time for her depressive attitude. "Tatsuya Hasu, for you I can give a partial answer. I am an Oracle, but I am not omnipotent...existence is something that I can never answer fully." Softly stroking the side of his neck with her thumb, she made sure to look him fully in the eyes. "When the major elements clash something must always be left behind, in the cataclysm a void is created. That void dissipates rapidly afterward, but if filled with the pieces needed to create a body and soul a living being can be left behind. Your an embodiment of the separate gods and created by their whims. Often times, they want to exist further, to see a piece of themselves live through a life they could never dream of living. Tatsuya, from you I feel the energies of five deities and an amusement they all share." Dropping her hand she smiled gently, letting her answer be absorbed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:37 am
Dewvraenne slid through the entrance of the cave nearly soundlessly, and allowed herself a quick glimpse of the surroundings before acting. The atmosphere was heavy, filled with the slightly uncomfortable feeling of presence... Nothing definite, nothing material, just a feeling, a curious scent in the air, maybe a pinch of static electricity... All seemed so solemn, so respectful and yet not enough from time to time, so concentrated, so... Vraenne ran out of words to describe the stunning atmosphere. Now, she understood why the climb was for, why everyone wanted to get here no matter what - although she still knew nothing about the oracle, she could feel she was much different than any other humanoid living being she had encountered.

For a moment or two, Dewvraenne stood motionlessly at the cave entrance, all of her senses shocked by the stunning revelation. But soon, she came back to herself, back from the trance-like state. She took a step forward, and threw her hood back, letting the greenish black strands of hair fly in every direction around her. Then, she reached out with her arm to the wall, and knocked confidently on the stone two times, interrupting the heavvy atmosphere that lay over them.  

ezzelinn

Firebrand666

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:06 pm
Tatsuya's gaze remained steady as she came close and began running her hand over his shoulder. He let her words be absorbed as she spoke, her voice echoing slightly on the walls of the room as she spoke.
"So, am I a god then? Or just their plaything on this world?" His brow furrowed as he thought about what she had said. "I guess that explains the weapons. I've always wondered why they had this...aura around them when only I touched them.
Tatsuya's weapons seemed to hum in a harmonious tone, but it seemed only he could hear them. He must've been right with that assumption.
"May I ask one more question, since I was only able to receive a partial answer?" He placed his gauntlet-equipped arm on his hip while resting his other hand on the hilt of his blade.
"But first, may I have your name? You already have mine." His gaze remained the same throughout his diatribe; dull and lifeless as he stared at the oracle.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:58 pm
Leto hestitantly entered the cavern. She'd been waiting too long. The oracle's home seemed so lonely. It seemed somewhat cruel to be bombarded with hoards of people only searching for what they want. Then again, she was one of those selfish people too. Shivering, Leto walked until she was next to some people, when a woman entering the cave knocked on the stone. I guess there's a new variation to "knock on wood"

Leto saw the Oracle, it was a woman, probably younger than she was. While she may have seemed innocent, Leto could only guess at how many things she had seen, and how much tragedy she might have experienced.

Drivenspirit

Elemental Plains (Neutral Territory)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces