Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Shadow Forms in Dreams

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:52 am
I occasionally have dreams with a shadow figure, be it a silhouette of a person, a mist, or on rare occasions something that I fail to remember upon waking. These figures always exude negative energy, and tend to be stationary; I'm always the one to stumble into them. I've only had this particular type of dream since I started energy work. Thusly, as I've gotten better with manipulation, I've been a tad ornery and attempt to fight back. When I do it feels like they counter me, and the dream reality gets very shaky. After I wake up, my whole body is buzzing like I was shocked by electricity a few moments before, but the feeling of its presence quickly dissipates, like it's left my room entirely.

This seems to occur with greater frequency if I wear my moldavite pendant when I fall asleep. I got a larger piece as well, and it's happened the couple times I fell asleep with it on my forehead.

Thoughts? Explanations?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:14 am
One thing it could be is something called your shadow self. I'm not an expert but from what i understand everyone has a shadow self which is a part of your soul created by all the repressed emotions, fears and other stuff you have throughout your life. because you started energy work your mind and soul are attempting to restore the energetic balance within you so you're being exposed to this shadow self. the best thing to do is realize that he(or she or it) is not your enemy. It merely is there to teach you the lesson of accepting all emotions as natural and healthy in moderation. but thats just my guess.  

Elfshaman

Neamhain Riona

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:49 am
Your shadow self? Have you confronted him yet? I know that I have confronted mine, and am working with mine.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:33 pm
Some questions to assist me in assisting you:

What is the nature of the energy you're manipulating?
Why must it be manipulated in the first place? Why is it not cooperative?
Does energy come from you? How is it generated?
Is energy invoked? Why would said source lend you energy?
Why are you doing energy work?
Are you an aggressive or hateful individual?
Are you sure the shadow feels negatively towards you, or you it?
What do you think would happen if you shone light on the shadow?
Is the darkness which makes the shadow more evasive, concealing, or consuming?

In answering these, you may not even need help. If the problem comes from within, so too then does your solution.  

Aegis_Gainsborough

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:57 pm
Side-note: I agree with Aegis' reasoning here. He came up with a helpful list of questions for you to think through without coming to some conclusion that might mislead someone...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:02 pm
i think the shadow figure might be, as Elfshaman said, a part of you. so fighting it is basically fighting your self hence the reason you feel like youre buzzing when you wake up.

moldavite has proporties of helping one grow emotionally etc so when you are in close contact with it, it speeds up your emotional growth so you see the more you see the shadowy figure.

i think that by accepting and trying to better understand the shadow person rather than have a fight with it you should start seeing less and less of it. try being truthful with your self about your flaws that you try not to think about and try and figure out what the dreams are about that the shadow figures usually come in. do they have a common element etc?

hope this helps biggrin

Just Tsuki

The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games