Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
666-What does it mean?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What does 666 mean?
  Devil
  Anti-Christ
View Results

ghostlyvampire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:11 pm
I was just wondering for the record, because my 8th grade english teacher said the number 6 is evil and 666 represents the anti christ not the devil. tell me what you think. ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:13 pm
Well, this is what I learned a couple of years ago at my church when we did a study on the book of Revelations.

"666" Is called the mark of man. But I've also heard it called it the Mark of the Beast. It's the Anti-Christ's symbol, so your teacher is right. It does represent the Anti-Christ.

Don't worry, I thought it meant the devil too.

Clapper Cheeks

Blessed Seeker

drumroll318

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:00 am
hm. thats wierd cause i always thought it meant the devil too.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:58 pm
DX and Ghostly's teacher are right, but there's a bit more to it...

666 is the mark of the beast -- aka the Antichrist...or, to put it precisely, it's the mark of man at the head of the beast (in this case, the beast is the devil, and the Antichrist is the man; this concept is fairly easy to accept, as most legends and prophecies surrounding the number 666 involve the discovery that the Antichrist is a human).

That's not all, though. The number also signifies some indicators that the arrival of the Antichrist is imminent -- for instance, when the 6th seal is broken, the 6th trumpet sounds, and the 6th vial is poured, the Antichrist is coming...

Above all, though, 666 is (according to religious beliefs of many forms) the mark that will identify the Antichrist.  

Bella Reno

4,450 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items