Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Nintendo better have something else up there sleeves Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nintendo?
  Butt kicks?
  Diabolical schemes hiding behind innocent Japanese faces.
  *acts like an angry monkey*
View Results

Zanghigh

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:24 pm
Please take no offense to this, I LOVE Nintendo, probably more than any of you. lol But I was wondering what you guys think of Project Natal for the Xbox 360.

I feel like either Nintendo is kicking themselves in the butts, OR they're sitting back in their Super Mario themed recliners and drinking out of their Yoshi shaped sippy cups as they have an idea that is going to blow Project Natal out of the water and send video games to a dimension thought unreal by modern gamers!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully it's the latter.

Check out these links for more info on Project Natal if you haven't heard anything on it yet. That way you know what I'm talking about and the power Nintendo may be up against now.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Natal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oACt9R9z37U  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:31 pm
The game is over for Sony and Microsoft. Even if they (and arguably already are) outclass Nintendo this gen, it wouldn't matter. They'll still "lose." Nintendo is making WAY too much money. They can safely sit back and let everyone else do their thing.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:36 pm
Trenn Flashkill
The game is over for Sony and Microsoft. Even if they (and arguably already are) outclass Nintendo this gen, it wouldn't matter. They'll still "lose." Nintendo is making WAY too much money. They can safely sit back and let everyone else do their thing.
Because they'll make the NINTENDROID! LIKE ROB THE ROBOT ONLY BETTER AND WITH MORE POSSIBILITIES! *insert naughty thoughts*  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:38 pm
digi734
Trenn Flashkill
Because they'll make the NINTENDROID! LIKE ROB THE ROBOT ONLY BETTER AND WITH MORE POSSIBILITIES! *insert naughty thoughts*
Are you saying Nintendo and Google will join forces? Oh the beautiful madness that would bring.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:39 pm
digi734
Trenn Flashkill
"Come on me if you want to live"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:41 pm
Xilo The Odd
digi734
Trenn Flashkill
"Come on me if you want to live"
It's either that or your waterlogged controllers. Either way Nintendo would win the console war.  

MaverickDrifter

Zanghigh

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:44 pm
That's the spirit! Nintendo's gonna win in the long run, muahahaha.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:47 pm
Actually I hope Nintendo makes a matrix reality type of plugin for us. That would be the ultimate. smile  

Zanghigh

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Vaettur

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:10 pm
I don't know. I got the feeling that the whole Project Natal thing will fail because damn... that stuff is way too complex to actually work.

And even if it does, it's way too late.
I like the idea though.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:37 pm
I'm expecting Natal, a glorified eye-toy, with minor updates to probably fail.

There's a lot of possibility with visual interfaces like that, but it takes a lot of environmental manipulation at this point, the right lighting, and the right color clothes... I remember the only time I ever got Sega superstars NiGHTS portion to work was when there was snow on the ground outside and I pulled up my blinds.

Plus, nintendo already has the crowd for that kind of s**t in their pocket... they already have a wii, why buy another system? They're not gonna go for halo, and they're not gonna go over for fable either, more than likely.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:19 pm
But Natal and the PS3 wand are good ways to test the technology and to test the market.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:29 pm
I still say the Wii was only successful as it is because the controller was standard, so I don't know how well peripherals will do, advanced as they are.

Then again, they're re-releasing RE5 for the PS3 wand, aren't they? That sounds pretty cool.  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:41 pm
But I don't think these peripherals are meant to score big bucks. They're testing the waters to see what works well with their developers and their market. Basically like a test to see what would work well for their next console.

1. Release it for the current system
2. Get feedback
3. Tweak it for next gen
4. Profit  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:47 pm
Trenn Flashkill
But I don't think these peripherals are meant to score big bucks. They're testing the waters to see what works well with their developers and their market. Basically like a test to see what would work well for their next console.

1. Release it for the current system
2. Get feedback
3. Tweak it for next gen
4. Profit

If that's what they're really doing, then it's a good plan.  

Waynebrizzle

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:21 pm
I think natal is pretty duymb, honestly... and this is coming from someone whos fave console is the 360 by lots.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff