Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Voodoo

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elfshaman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:41 am
ok first off i'll say i am almost completely ignorant of this subject. what i was wondering was could anyone give me a good explanation of how the whole voodoo doll thing works? i dont plan on doing anything i just like knowing the way things work.i apreciate any help anyone can provide.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:56 am
Carrying across what I said in the other forum:

"Voodoo dolls" aren't explained via the medium of the voodoo religion itself, but rather the idea of "Sympathetic Magic", which is found in various cultures - essentially, the idea is that because Thing A is representative of Thing B in some context (such as a doll having a human shape and containing some nails, bodily fluid, hair or other biological marker of the target), whatever happens to Thing A will also happen to Thing B. As above, so below.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

biojerk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:59 am
I've been told that most people use voodoo dolls, or Poppets, as either to bind someone from interfering with their life anymore, or they put the doll in a safe spot as to make it into a "protection" charm. I doubt many people do the whole holly wood thing and torture the doll in hopes that it will harm the person. BUT--with that in mind, I could be wrong. Because pretty much like you, I don't know very much about the voodoo faith, I am just taking what I know from my own and what I've heard.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games