Submit

demonic711

5,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:17 pm
my girl cuts herself what should i do  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:04 pm
you should tell her parents because most likely she needs therapy........trust me she won't stop unless she wants to or she gets help because she needs a release and that is her way of releasing her emotions.  

KieraTastic

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100

Lady_Meeko123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:25 pm
Is she doing it to get attention or doing it secretly? there is a big difference between people who cut to get attention and those who do it in private. Either way have a serious conversation about it. One thing I did for my friend when she was into that was suggest she use hydrogen peroxide on her cuts (the stuff you use to clean wounds) using the "oh ya it hurts" excuse to get her to at least take care of the gashes.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:20 pm
talk to her let her know its hurting u really all u can do is love her with all ur heart.  

Pocket Moogle

funkywhitegirl09

850 Points
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:15 pm
i have to agree with the others, she should go to someone she can trust to talk to. More so a counselor at school, the nurse. Sometimes facing the parents is difficult and they don't know what to do, so, she can get ref. to a counseling office through the school.

Usually, cutting goes along with self image issues and usually is a co-occurring with another issue.

Best thing to do is reassure her you will be there for her and go through it with her in that with her seeking help. Sometimes, the person can feel very alone and frightened to bring it up.

there are health centers and help lines that can assist and remember this is for professionals, you can only do so much that you should not take the whole thing on yourself and make sure you have someone to talk to too. Best to you and her.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:27 pm
You need to tell a school counselor or call 911. They can help her.
You can't help her alone. She needs PROFESSIONAL help. There are people specifically trained to help her. If you care about her, then you should want that help for her.

My best friend called me up once crying, because her BF was about to take his life. We called 911, they went to his house, brought him in, and had him speak to someone. They wouldn't let him go until they thought he was OK.

We've never had a problem with him like that ever again. =]  

Nico Says Things
Crew

Shirtless Noob

7,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bellflower Witch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:17 pm
Like someone said above, there could be two reasons why she is doing this. Either for attention, or because of a serious problem. If she's showing them off, I suggest showering her with as much attention as possible, and remind her that she doesn't need to cut.

On the other hand if she has a serious problem and you happened to stumble upon her cuts, I suggest getting her help. There's no need to go into the serious therapy, she might see that as threatening. Just give her someone older and wiser to talk to. They should know what to do. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:21 pm
It doesn't matter the reason! For a person to engage in self-mutilation, the person has to have serious mental problems! This person NEEDS professional help!  

Nico Says Things
Crew

Shirtless Noob

7,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elocutionist 200

haverdin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:32 pm
sounds like most of the others have given good advice. i have a friend who cuts and found out she is bipolar. she says when she cuts its because it is the only thing she can feel. she is seeing a councilor/theripist, who is trying to get her the right meds. she is doing much better now, even while she is trying to get her meds straight she is better. she doesnt cut that often now, so its really working. thought you might like to hear a positive story so you can understand that getting your friend to see someone is really a good thing to do. Also, you should be talking to someone as well because this is afecting your life too. chin up you are not alone, and there are places out there to help. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:56 pm
there is a long process to go through in healing. the cutting isn't the issue, it is something that is going on inside her.. i am not saying about attention, even if someone does it for attention there is some emotional issues there as well that needs to be worked out.

I agree with the one member, if you find she has cut her self, call 911, she will probably be taken in to be examined by a doctor and a emergency counselor that comes into the hospitals at all hours of the day/night.

It may be scary for you to do this and very much so, but remember this will be the first step to her getting some professional help. She may say things that will hurt, but hold on to the faith that she is calling out for help and it will be a chance for her to admit to other now and work through this.

but the important part thing is that cutting is a sign of something very serious and should not be taken lightly.  

funkywhitegirl09

850 Points
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Everythings Dark

Shady Werewolf

7,725 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Candy Massacre 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:15 pm
you should probably talk to her ,she probably feels alone many people in that state feels lonely and uneeded. try and make her feel needed.  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games