Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Manga or Anime? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kawaii Erin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:57 am
In your opinion, which is better? Sailor Moon Manga or Sailor Moon anime?
And give reasons! not just an answer!

I think I myself would lean more towards the manga. Some things in the manga are different than in the corresponding anime. for instance:
In the manga, it was revealed that chibi chibi was sailor cosmos, who came from the future to guide sailor moon to the victory she lost in the future, but in the Anime, chibi chibi was sailor galaxias star seed, the light of hope.... The manga theory is more interesting.
all in all, the manga describes things better.
also darien has an ear ring in the manga wink  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:24 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

============
The art of being wise

heart I was thinking about making one of these vs. threads! =O

But anyway, I'd go for the manga. There are things in it that make more sense, like why Darien's Star Seed was gold (in the anime when they show it, it's gold but gives no real reason as to why), or why Raye lives at the Hikawa shrine with only her grandpa

....and where did you see an earring in Darien's ear? O_o heart

is the art of knowing what to overlook
============

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kawaii Erin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:56 am
Hmmm... I cant remember which Act it was... it was one of the earlier ones, i noticed it only once, but never thought to look again. Now that i think about it, I remember reading and article mentioning how some minor features were changed and or added as the series progressed. For instance, tuxedo masks outfit continuosly changed in the first edition. Maybe thats what it was.... ooops.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:59 am
Oh i forgot to mention that I liked how in the Manga, they gave a bigger role to the amazoness quartet. After Super S in the Anime, you never saw or heard about them again, but in the manga, it was revealed that they are chibiusa's sailor guardians, that the quartet themselves were place into a deep sleep by queen serenity, but awaken prematurely by Nehellenia. In the animem that is never mentioned.  

Kawaii Erin

AquaTonic

4,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:13 pm
Manga most definitely for I. With the manga, I found that you are able to see how the characters mature along with their true emotions the author wanted you to feel as you felt how personal you know the lives of each of the senshi. The art work on top of it is amazing and it makes for a wonderful read any day. In the anime, they had to cut out a lot of things in order to make it more "television ordinate" and go towards a specific audience. With the manga, the author was able to have no bounds and not have to limit herself.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:33 pm
I prefer the manga. Mostly because it DOES explain things so much better than the anime does. Plus the characters have more powers, they are better developed, and it doesn't pull away from the autors (can't spell the name to save my life) vision.  

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Nightshade247

4,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:43 am
Venombabe
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i can respond to the first thing about Mamo-chan's (yes i like using japanese names sometimes too) star seed is gold its because he is the reincarnation of Prince Endymion i mean even i knew that when i saw the anime without any descriptions (no offense but it was kinda easy to solve tht one on my own)

============
The art of being wise

heart I was thinking about making one of these vs. threads! =O

But anyway, I'd go for the manga. There are things in it that make more sense, like why Darien's Star Seed was gold (in the anime when they show it, it's gold but gives no real reason as to why), or why Raye lives at the Hikawa shrine with only her grandpa

....and where did you see an earring in Darien's ear? O_o heart

is the art of knowing what to overlook
============

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:26 am
First place I can remember seeing Mamoru with an earring is on the cover of the first tankoubon for SuperS, but I'm pretty sure you do see it off and on in a couple other places in the series.

I cannot decide, actually, between the anime and manga--both have their merits. I love the manga for all the reasons listed above, but I love the comedy element in the anime and the extended development that the villains get over the course of the seasons. In the manga, most of the "henchman" villains are no better than monsters-of-the-day. They show up in an issue, do something evil, then get blown up by Sailor Moon's attack du jour. In the anime, we have a chance to get attached to the villains because they have time to develop personalities. I love that about the anime biggrin  

Dezte

Fashionable Fatcat

hold my d rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

hold my d

King Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:42 am
dramallama First of all i perfer Manga because manga describes the person's life better than anime.But anime bunches up the whole thing which is upsetting crying Nah im playing xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:01 am
manga, because 2 me it explains stuff a whole lot more!!!  

lic-a-wish

Roxy Bell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:35 pm
I've never read the manga. sad but i wanted to. I don't have any money to buy it and no one has it to borrow.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:42 am
I love both... I absolutely could not pick between the two if it came down to it. :/  

Tora Yukino

Divine Kitten

prettytenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:01 pm
i don't know, they are pretty different and both are wonderful. i like how the Stars arc ended in the manga more than how it ended in the anime, but i loved how the anime developed Seiya's character and the relationship he had with Usagi. but i'd guess i'd say.. i like the anime a little better  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:46 am
i like both! they are both so cool and unique!! my friend likes to draw manga and anime and i always like it!! lol  

xxblacknpinkxx

Twili-Chan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:26 am
the anime....I was into it for the longest time before i even discovered the manga...  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff