Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
RE in game informer's top 200 games Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twili-Chan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:25 am
Just recently the magazine Game Informer released their newest issue, in which they posted their top 200 games in response to the VGA's this Saturday at 8.

#18: Resident Evil 4
#41: Resident Evil 2
#106: Resident Evil

I think it's awesome that some resident evil games have made this list blaugh

what do you think?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:28 am
I think RE4 doesn't deserve to be on that list at all, let alone above RE2 and the original RE.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:29 am
Biohazard EXTREME
I think RE4 doesn't deserve to be on that list at all, let alone above RE2 and the original RE.

Completely agree.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:14 am
I could care less if a gaming publication ranked their favorite games. Most of the time, there overrated and and full of nonsense.
Its like their being considerate by putting RE and RE2 with RE4 in their top favs. ASSHOLES!  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:23 am
Just out of curiosity. What was #1?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:32 am
I think its the original Legend of Zelda for the NES.

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2009/11/23/legend_of_zelda_is_game/  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:39 am
Yeah, it's a pretty generic list. "Let's make an old game #1 so that we can show them how appreciative we are of the history of video games."

It's like making a "Best video game characters" list and saying, "Mario is #1." And every time Mario is #1. Now, I have nothing against the idea that Mario is #1, but if Mario is always #1, they need to stop making these "Best character" lists. Same with best game. The winner is so predictable that all it's there for is so that the fanboys can say, "Hey, look! My game made the list! Yays!"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:29 am
Solid Snake is the best videogame character. Ever. That's not even my opinion, it's pure fact. Well... Gillian Seed is pretty close. You want characterization in your videogames, you go to the Kojima s**t.

And the original Star Fox makes the list, but not Star Fox 64? I'm sorry, but Star Fox 64 blows the original out of the water. Anyone who knows anything will tell you Star Fox 64 is the ********' Star Fox game. First game with rumble and s**t too. And no Alone in the Dark? No Snatcher? ******** this list.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:43 am
Yeah, well, I always said, Mario isn't really a character as much as a mascot. Is he important? Is he iconic? Absolutely. But he's not a character.
And heck, #2 spot on GameSpot was won by Gordon Freeman. Gimme a freakin break. That's like saying, "I'm the best video game character."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:55 pm
Thee Stranger
And the original Star Fox makes the list, but not Star Fox 64? I'm sorry, but Star Fox 64 blows the original out of the water. Anyone who knows anything will tell you Star Fox 64 is the ********' Star Fox game. First game with rumble and s**t too. And no Alone in the Dark? No Snatcher? ******** this list.

A. Original Star Fox > Star Fox 64.

B. No Alone in the Dark or Snatcher. I agree, ******** this list.

C. As for RE4, it comes back to the fact that as an RE game, I wish I had a knife near me right now to cut its throat. As an action game, though, it was a redefining experience.

That doesn't mean I'm defending it, just an observation. ******** RE4 too. xd  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:27 pm
I don't think it was redefining. I think it implemented really well what others before it tried to accomplish with lesser success. Just like RE1, I suppose. But still, people revere RE4 like it's the first ever action shooter.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Amen Thee Stranger! Star Fox 64 was the first N64 game I ever owned...And the last as well! Yeah, I kept it longer then both the N64 Legend of Zelda games (Though I still like them more then Star Fox 64. I just got rid of them because I got the collector's edition for Gamecube). Anyways, yeah, Star Fox 64...That game was the effing sh**! So bad a**.

Yeah, I agree, that list is pretty generic. And yeah, I find it odd that the list was mostly made up of games that inspired others, and they didn't include Alone in the Dark...  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:34 pm
Well, it's because Resident Evil 1 was the very first survival horror game ever. And RE4 was the very first action shooter game ever. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:29 pm
Canas Renvall
A. Original Star Fox > Star Fox 64.

Why?

And I realize that it was one of the first games to use polygons, but, so was Alone in the Dark.  

Thee Stranger

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:58 pm
I dunno, I would just chalk it up to nostalgia. I just feel like Star Fox plays better. Not smoother, but just... better. And the music is just awesome. Everytime I enter the Space Armada I feel all epic. razz Not to say I didn't like SF64 a lot, but I just liked SF more.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff