Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Resident Evil MystREs Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:32 pm
This has nothing to do with the sotryline of Resident Evil. Or in a way it doesn't, it just has to do with things in Resident Evil games that did not make sense, or that looked odd, or that are unexplainable. Now I'm not talking about like, "Why are the doors in the RPD blocked in RE3, but not blocked in RE2." Basically, not continuity errors.
I'm talking about something that the programmers put in, that doesn't really belong, or that doesn't make sense. Bah, I'll just show you what I mean. I'll post some, feel free to post your MystREs, and if you do, I'll do my best to obtain image proof of the things you talk about. Feel free do discuss these mysteries as well, or help solve them... Gang...

Mystery 1: Computer Screen in RPD

Mystery 2: Full Metal Gravestone

Mystery 3: The Big E Concert

Mystery 4: Key Item: Mine Dart (Homing)

Mystery-ish 5: A Deadly Plague: This Too Shall Pass

^ I'll get that problem fixed as soon as I can so that I can post links.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:35 pm
MYSTERY 1: Computer screen in RPD

In case you didn't notice, the image on the computer screen in the RPD is from RE1. It's the room where you meet the Tyrant. Well... It's a little snippet of the room.

Observe:

User Image

What that image is doing on the computer screen of Raccoon City Police Station is a mystery to me.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:44 pm
MYSTERY 2: Full Metal Gravestone

Remember in RE1, that gravestone that you push the switch on that allows you to proceed below? It was at the place where Barry dropped the rope.
Well, that gravestone had something written on it, so I decided to check it out.
I increased the resolution of the game and...

User Image

Full Metal
PRISON
[1993 - 1994]

This one beat the hell outa me. I don't know what it means or what the date signifies. I've been searching for anything full metal that has to do with 1993, and the only thing I found was a spoof of Full Metal Jacket called FUll Metal Pulpit, which I don't know if it's a movie, or what, but it's something about bible camp, which can be considered a prison. But I really don't think there's a connection.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:55 pm
That's it for now. I can think of a couple more, but I don't have the time right now to get footage for those.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:58 pm
Hmm... First one stumped me... And the second one was worse.

Full Metal Jacket was a war movie based on the Vietnam War.... Im sure theres no connection. Bible Camp? Wha? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:02 pm
For the gravestone, they posibbly could be refering to the Hive?

As for the first one, Maybe it was Chief Iron's doing? SInce he had all those ties with Umbrella, but it doesn't make since why. o_o  

Lain Edwards

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:45 pm
I'm sure when they made RE1, the 'hive' didn't exist as a concept back then. Besides, what does [1993 - 1994] mean?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:39 pm
True.

I never did like the Hive concept.

Hmm, are for the date, I dunno.
Maybe it's somewhere in the game? Say in a journal a log, a file? Somewhere saying why the gravestone bares the name "Full Metal Prison [1993-1994]"

It could be the creation of the Mansion, maybe a grave site for someone important involved with Umbrella?

Dunno, it's a stumper.  

Lain Edwards

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:42 pm
Serja Manson
True.

Maybe it's somewhere in the game? Say in a journal a log, a file? Somewhere saying why the gravestone bares the name "Full Metal Prison [1993-1994]"

It could be the creation of the Mansion, maybe a grave site for someone important involved with Umbrella?

Dunno, it's a stumper.
The Mansion was created in 1967. I would seriously like to ask one of their people that. Just to ask what was the point to that saying what it did.
Hmm... Maybe it meant something in the beta version and they just reused the texture.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:24 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Serja Manson
True.

Dunno, it's a stumper.
The Mansion was created in 1967. I would seriously like to ask one of their people that. Just to ask what was the point to that saying what it did.
Hmm... Maybe it meant something in the beta version and they just reused the texture.

Right, the Mansion was old, that's not it.

Yeah, I am seriously interested in finding out the purpose.

Maybe it doesn't have a meaning? Like the gravestones in RE3 or Code Veronica, but then again, something about it makes it not regular, besides it being a entrance.

What was beyond the gravestone door again?  

Lain Edwards

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:58 pm
Serja Manson

Maybe it doesn't have a meaning? Like the gravestones in RE3 or Code Veronica, but then again, something about it makes it not regular, besides it being a entrance.

There's a hallway or two, and then you go past it, it leads to the kitchen.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:13 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Serja Manson

There's a hallway or two, and then you go past it, it leads to the kitchen.

Oh, so nothing important along the way?  

Lain Edwards

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:18 pm
Serja Manson
Two hunters and some shotgun shells.
Realistically speaking, if I didn't increase the resolution, there would be absolutely no way in hell that anyone could physically possibly read that, at least not on the PSX version, maybe on PC. And I mean it. So whatever it means, it was never meant to be read.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:20 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Serja Manson
Two hunters and some shotgun shells.
Realistically speaking, if I didn't increase the resolution, there would be absolutely no way in hell that anyone could physically possibly read that, at least not on the PSX version, maybe on PC. And I mean it. So whatever it means, it was never meant to be read.
So it deals with nothing in the game.
Maybe it was something personal from a graphic designer or one of the writers.

But we have to ask.  

Lain Edwards

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:47 am
Wow, it seems that Biohazard has a interesting topic on hand. Still, I do not know what the words on the gravestone represent.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff