Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
New dnd character!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ever DnD before?
  maybe...whats that stand for again..?
  YES! its fun ^^
  No...what is DnD???
View Results

Pirate Captain Specc

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:50 pm
im so excited, i started making a new DnD character today.
we play 3.5 mainly because everyone knows it, but were still considering 4.0
this is my first time playing as a scout, my other two characters were swashbucklers.(it depresses me they got rid of that class in 4.0)
anywho!
rais your hand if you have no clue what i'm talking about? : D  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:25 pm
I know a little about it. Enough to play if somebody would guide me a bit. But no one ever plays here.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:26 am
I picked the last option because I've never played, even though I do know what D&D is.

Purple: that's because mom and dad would get to confused over the rules, and you don't have the time. (and we don't know anyone that lives close by that knows how to play)

That, and we don't have any rule books.
So I have NO idea what the difference is between those two numbered versions you listed.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:39 pm
They made some huge revisions to characters and game mechanics between 3.5 and 4.0. I've read some about it.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:02 am
Ah, I see.
(including dropping some characters apparently)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:05 pm
Try playing a halfling duskblade works every time.  

L337 M4573R N!NJ4

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:33 pm
I've so played!!! Though it's been awhile my mum was a halfling Rogue and I was a Dwarvin...fighter of some kind...can't remember now. Oh, oh and I was a elf wizard...god I hated her. I loved my Dwarf if the Rogue's sneek hit failed I rushed in to beat everything to a blood pulp! It was great! Though my wizard always died before we made it out of the dungeon but she got her few spells off then we raided her body for stuff...

Yeah, my Dungeon Master moved far away so I haven't gotten to play in a very long time me very sad cause I made a kick a** Sorcerer and then I've recently come up with a Moonstalker who's a Shifter race...though I'd have to look more into that one it's still new to me, but ah well.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:06 am
see thats what i love about my scout! shes snipes people from afar than rushes in to kill them off! its soooo fun. my boyfriend is the DM and hes playing as a homebrew race called "Fausten"(their fox people) samurai.
the premise (as much as hes told me) is that we were part of a scouting troup that got lost from our section. right now were looking for more people to play with us.
my last character was a half elf swashbuckler, she was fun.
my biggest problem is that im lawful neutral as opposed to chaotic neutral.... itll be a different experience.... >>  

Pirate Captain Specc

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:29 am
L337 M4573R N!NJ4
Try playing a halfling duskblade works every time.

The ninja master sneaks in to make a post I see.
LOL, (please try to catch up in the pirate RP) gonk

Moonracer
I've so played!!! Though it's been awhile my mum was a halfling Rogue and I was a Dwarvin...fighter of some kind...can't remember now. Oh, oh and I was a elf wizard...god I hated her. I loved my Dwarf if the Rogue's sneek hit failed I rushed in to beat everything to a blood pulp! It was great! Though my wizard always died before we made it out of the dungeon but she got her few spells off then we raided her body for stuff...

Yeah, my Dungeon Master moved far away so I haven't gotten to play in a very long time me very sad cause I made a kick a** Sorcerer and then I've recently come up with a Moonstalker who's a Shifter race...though I'd have to look more into that one it's still new to me, but ah well.

O_O
That is ALOT of characters !

Pirate Captain Specc
see thats what i love about my scout! shes snipes people from afar than rushes in to kill them off! its soooo fun. my boyfriend is the DM and hes playing as a homebrew race called "Fausten"(their fox people) samurai.
the premise (as much as hes told me) is that we were part of a scouting troup that got lost from our section. right now were looking for more people to play with us.
my last character was a half elf swashbuckler, she was fun.
my biggest problem is that im lawful neutral as opposed to chaotic neutral.... itll be a different experience.... >>

You're allowed to create homebrew races?
If that's the case, why can't you just continue to use the ones that got dropped from the 4.0 verion?  
Nothing's coming.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games