Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The DSi XL Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

42istheuniversalnumber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:22 pm
The Nintendo DSi LL in Japan, or DSi XL has been released approximately a month ago.

This is the information that I have found about this remake of the DSi:
Nintendo Officially Announces DSi LL

If you do not have the time to read the entire article, this is the breakdown:

1.The DSi LL is larger than the DSi, sporting 4.25 inch screens. For comparison sake, the DSi boasts 3.25 inch screens and the DS Lite a set of 3-inch displays.

2.Colors announced so far include Wine Red, Dark Brown and Natural White.

3.The DSi LL will launch in Japan on November 21 for a price of 20,000 yen, which roughly equates to $220.

4.VentureBeat has confirmed that the DSi LL will be making its way westward and will ship first quarter of 2010.

5. Nintendo of America has approved the fact that the DSi XL is coming to the US.

This is Nintendo's statement: A new iteration of the Nintendo DSi system will be introduced in Japan on November 21, 2009. To be known as Nintendo DSi LL in Japan, and as Nintendo DSi XL in North America and Europe, it will offer a screen 93% larger than the current Nintendo DS Lite with a better view angle, an additional longer touch screen stylus, and preinstalled Nintendo DSiWare software. The new version will arrive in North America and Europe in the first quarter of calendar year 2010.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:26 pm
I think it's great that they made one with bigger screens, but I've seen pictures, and compared to the DSi, it's ******** huge. D:
I'll stick with my lil' buddy, thank you.

My DSi, too.
awesome.jpg  

l-Kriel-l

melikefood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:40 pm
This is pretty cool, but I'm all tapped out of money.
Also, fatass pen looks like a DILLLLLLLDAAHHHH.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:39 pm
melikefood
This is pretty cool, but I'm all tapped out of money.
Also, fatass pen looks like a DILLLLLLLDAAHHHH.
Want a bigger stylus without pills or pumps? wink  

Cabron the Swan

42istheuniversalnumber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 pm
I'm not sure if the price of $220 will stay to be sold in America, but the additions make it easier for everyone to play, so I think it's worth it (for Nintendo. If I were able to give the price: maybe $150).  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:15 am
42istheuniversalnumber
I'm not sure if the price of $220 will stay to be sold in America, but the additions make it easier for everyone to play, so I think it's worth it (for Nintendo. If I were able to give the price: maybe $150).

WOAH.
woah.
If it's a new DSi model, and it's bigger, with bigger screens, it's definitely not going to be $20 less than the original. xd  

l-Kriel-l

Orphie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:23 am
Up next: DSi Laptop.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:00 am
i made a thing about this a couple weeks back, but someone deleted the thread!!! gonk

i have the stats about for it somewhere... width/weight/battery life, etc if you want them  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:22 am
so it is confirmed eh? well i might just ask for it for my birthday.

I am one truly in need of a new DS. i got mine when they were out for a month. DSPHAT is where its AT!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:20 pm
Shane-Cheshner
42istheuniversalnumber

WOAH.
woah.
If it's a new DSi model, and it's bigger, with bigger screens, it's definitely not going to be $20 less than the original. xd

Well I don't expect to be $50 than the original either, so we might as well wait for it to come out next Spring.  

42istheuniversalnumber

OniLink147

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:19 pm
Dude it looks like it's the size of the original DS. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:04 pm
OniLink147
Dude it looks like it's the size of the original DS. gonk
A little bigger, but I wouldn't think thicker. Nintendo Power had a life-size image of it in one of their recent issues.  

8Bit Jack

Kittymeeow

Anxious Cupcake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:22 am
Wtf.
bigger screen. Wish I would have waited. Ugh!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:01 am
This isn't made to be kept in the pocket, though. xd .  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:02 am
Wait, so I can upgrade for my original DS to the newest model, eventually, and I wont notice a difference in how much pocket space is being taken up?

Sweet.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces