LifeSuxEatCake

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:37 am
My gift cards are very, very thoughtful D:<  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:26 am
Say what? stare I got two giftcards this year, and I was bloody pleased. €30 on each, for two different bookshops? I was goddamn ecstatic.

I fully endorse the giving of gift cards and/or cash gifts. I mean, who prefers to get an awful footspa or toiletries instead of something that allows one to picks out what one actually personally wants for oneself in whatever timeframe one wishes?
Giftcards respect freedom of choice within certain parametres, they do. pirate It can possibly show that the person giving it has no idea what to get but isn't stupid enough to get some rubbishy and possibly sort of expensive gift just for the sake of getting something, but how bad?
In fact, on a scale of "ridiculous gift related stuff that people shouldn't do", giving giftcards doesn't even register.

However, considering that I ask my bff ( rolleyes ) what she wants each year and buy that for her and/or get her something I know she'll like but I want to borrow sometime myself, give it to her and open what I get in exchange well before Christmas day, my opinion is possibly sort of dodgy on this one.  

Lady Gyrfalcon

Dapper Ghost

Serg is Fluffy
Vice Captain

Friendly Noob

5,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:29 am
Lady Gyrfalcon
Say what? stare I got two giftcards this year, and I was bloody pleased. €30 on each, for two different bookshops? I was goddamn ecstatic.

I fully endorse the giving of gift cards and/or cash gifts. I mean, who prefers to get an awful footspa or toiletries instead of something that allows one to picks out what one actually personally wants for oneself in whatever timeframe one wishes?
Giftcards respect freedom of choice within certain parametres, they do. pirate It can possibly show that the person giving it has no idea what to get but isn't stupid enough to get some rubbishy and possibly sort of expensive gift just for the sake of getting something, but how bad?
In fact, on a scale of "ridiculous gift related stuff that people shouldn't do", giving giftcards doesn't even register.

However, considering that I ask my bff ( rolleyes ) what she wants each year and buy that for her and/or get her something I know she'll like but I want to borrow sometime myself, give it to her and open what I get in exchange well before Christmas day, my opinion is possibly sort of dodgy on this one.

i would love
a footspa.
my feet hurt.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:44 am
Master Sergeant HALEIGH
Lady Gyrfalcon

i would love
a footspa.
my feet hurt.

Well. Some people already have a footspa, I guess? I'm relatively sure that it's one of the things I've heard about on lists of items people have got that they didn't really want.
I usually just get a little tub and fill it with hot water.  

Lady Gyrfalcon

Dapper Ghost

12344321I

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:52 am
Lady Gyrfalcon

my brain just esploded  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:00 am
mello-is-yellow
Lady Gyrfalcon

my brain just esploded

Well, I do tend to have that effect on people at times, dear.
Especially when I join forces with the tl;dr. wink  

Lady Gyrfalcon

Dapper Ghost

Korra

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas