Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Just bought a bad game for the first time in... like 8 years Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:44 pm
I made the mistake of picking up Myst DS without researching it at all, simply because it was 10 dollars. This was a mistake. It was an incredibly lazy port, and there are some other problems I have with it, like incredibly obscure clues and confusing visuals, which could have just been a problem with resolution, but more than likely aren't.

Help me find a better one.

I wanna play a good adventure game, with weird puzzle s**t, but nothing cryptic or frustratingly obscure. I don't like using guides

I like really stunning or immersive environments, and I don't mind pre-rendered visuals. When I was younger, for example, I played this really awful girl game for the PC that was about some dumb s**t with emotions... well, anyway, I loved it because it was basically a hand drawn point and click adventure, and the scenery was really nice, with beautiful gardens and forests and plains... My sister hated it, which was funny, because she bought it. She however, is awful at puzzles.

Being able to get it off steam is a plus, but I'd even go out of my way to like, order it, or something.

I finished lost-winds:WotM in 2 days with no guide... and I'm blowing through spirit tracks a dungeon an hour also with no guide, so length is also an issue.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:55 pm
I recently picked up Drawn - The Painted tower and I loved it. It's a fun puzzle game, and it's got a pretty good difficulty.
It was sorta short, and $20 though.

If you're a fan of seek-and-find games [with puzzle as well], I recommend the Ravenhearst series.

Or you could buy Myst: 10th Anniversary Edition like I recommended before. This would keep you going for a while, especially Riven.
But, Riven can get frustrating, so you might need a guide.  

Terara Drakon

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:15 pm
I like adventure games with nice visuals and brainwork that's quick and rewarding, not very cryptic.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:09 pm
I should have asked in the Spam Can. You guys are the worst.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:19 pm
Get Borderlands  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:35 pm
No.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:37 pm
Or don't... that's cool too  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:40 pm
I don't have aPC, and that's not the kind of adventure game I'm looking for.

This is, however.
http://amanita-design.net/samorost-1/
Free to play, the sequel is on steam for $2.50.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:59 am
Haha, the sequel is rather short, though.

These are the people who made machinarium, which I'm waiting for a sale on.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:39 pm
GoG.com has a great stack of adventure games, including The Longest Journey and its sequel, Dreamfall, which you can pick up on Steam. If possible, I'd grab the GoG games (which are digital like steam titles, but you also get them chaper, and with bonus stuff like the soundtrack, manuals, an all that jazz.) You won't find a game for over 10 bucks on GoG.  

Allegro

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:59 pm
[Kegan]

I wanna play a good adventure game, with weird puzzle s**t, but nothing cryptic or frustratingly obscure. I don't like using guides

Yeah, the Myst series is probably not what you want to go for then.

I played one of the games with Kirby sitting right next to me telling me what to do and I still thought the puzzles were dumb.

Except for this one puzzle that he said was going to be really hard that I solved in about three seconds. That was great.

Anyway, I really like the Sam and Max series. The puzzles aren't terribly difficult (I never had to use a guide except for once or twice and I'm bad at puzzle games) and it's quite funny. It's a bit lacking in visuals though so I'm not sure if that's really what you want. You can pick up the fourth episode on Steam for free if you want to try it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:02 pm
The Awkwardest Turtle
[Kegan]

I played one of the games with Kirby sitting right next to me telling me what to do and I still thought the puzzles were dumb.

Except for this one puzzle that he said was going to be really hard that I solved in about three seconds. That was great.

Anyway, I really like the Sam and Max series. The puzzles aren't terribly difficult (I never had to use a guide except for once or twice and I'm bad at puzzle games) and it's quite funny. It's a bit lacking in visuals though so I'm not sure if that's really what you want. You can pick up the fourth episode on Steam for free if you want to try it.
They aren't dumb... D':

And that was LUCK.
You had NO clue what you were doing and that was sooo luck. D<  

Terara Drakon

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:22 pm
I bought Scribblenauts and I didn't like it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:32 pm
Terara Drakon
The Awkwardest Turtle
[Kegan]

They aren't dumb... D':

And that was LUCK.

Some of them really were.

HEY LET'S WALK BACK AND FORTH ACROSS THIS JUNGLE FOR HALF AN HOUR

YAY FUN

OH WAIT YOU FORGOT TO DO AN EASILY MISSABLE THING SUCKS TO BE YOU DO THE PUZZLE AGAIN

And that was all skill. >:3  

The Awkwardest Turtle

Terara Drakon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:37 pm
The Awkwardest Turtle
Terara Drakon
The Awkwardest Turtle
[Kegan]

They aren't dumb... D':

And that was LUCK.

Some of them really were.

HEY LET'S WALK BACK AND FORTH ACROSS THIS JUNGLE FOR HALF AN HOUR

YAY FUN

OH WAIT YOU FORGOT TO DO AN EASILY MISSABLE THING SUCKS TO BE YOU DO THE PUZZLE AGAIN

And that was all skill. >:3
That only took half an hour because I had forgotten that one bulb. If I had remembered it it woulda taken five minutes. >.>
Though, the puzzle where you need to walk all around J'nanin to get those reflectors the right way is sorta ridiculous. Unless you know exactly where you're going.

LUCK. It was luck and you know it. >:1  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces