Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Hey, people can you answer my question? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Todays Necromancer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:59 pm
what is the difference between goth's and emo's?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:04 pm
that is a good question.... a very good question... i can't even think of an answer!  

tears of doom

dang coconuts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:34 pm
well one things for sure... music taste is different... and the style ish a lil different.... hmmm ninja idk but some goths hate emos idk why  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:39 pm

There's quite a difference, isn't there?

I think it lies mostly in musical taste. Although now-a-days, borders are crossed and no matter what you listen to, a bit of another genre seeps in, but at one point, they were super different. Bands like The Juliana Theory or The Starting Line or The Get-up Kids classified emo music, while other bands (somebody back me up on this- i'm not goth or listen to goth music, so i can't really personally list any bands...) are considered goth.

Also, from what people on google are telling me, being goth is a lifestyle or a state of mind. Personally, i also consider emo a lifestyle (which i've been thinking about making a thread about this for a while), but y'know, everyone on the 'net hates emo kids, and all say that to be emo is to be a whiny b***h.
Apparently, goth people tend to be more serious and brooding than emo kids. Which i generally agree with.

There's also the whole fashion thing, but i'm not gonna get into that. xp

Super Naranja

5,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Art Payment

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:56 pm
A goth is a fan of Goth Rock, as in bands like Bauhuas, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Christian Death, ex.

Emo is more about well first wave more like Rites of Spring, Gray Matter and so on. Then the 90's wave came in with stuff like Benton Falls, American Football and Cross my Heart.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:52 pm
I sorta disagree on the music but I agree with how people who are "emo" tend to be more shy than "goth" people. thank you for the answers. biggrin  

Todays Necromancer

Trace Tsukuyomi Hitori

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:35 pm
some people catagorize emo as a form of goth, but the main diffrence is emo focuses more on showing dark and sad emotions, and goth is mainly a style.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:45 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJC4V_8S24M

Read the description too  

Trent Wesley

EmoxBandit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:07 pm
hm. people say the style is different, but some emos wear goth and vice versa. many of the stereotypes for both can be interchangeable, so, who actually knows? it's all stereotypes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:18 pm
goth- black and white
emo- black and red
BUT
they are steriotypes and steriotypes are WRONG  

Im Diggin That Dope

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:19 pm
HannahTheKitty
goth- black and white
emo- black and red
BUT
they are steriotypes and steriotypes are WRONG

Yeah totally, totally.
Cool; cool story brah.
Totally.
FIRE CROTCHHHHHHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:30 am
This is hilariously bad.... you all know absolutely nothing about emo, let alone goth and the ability to distinguish. I made water come out my nose from laughing so hard.  

Rellik San
Captain

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:51 pm
Rellik San
This is hilariously bad.... you all know absolutely nothing about emo, let alone goth and the ability to distinguish. I made water come out my nose from laughing so hard.
To be fair Moonlight Agony did his usual well informed explanation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:34 pm
Thank you very much. The link helped a lot. =]  

Todays Necromancer

xXxXxDaRkKaRmA13xXxXx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:58 am
The music:
It's basically punk rock, except the lyrics are about emotional things rather than being a rebel. Emo is a kind of rock music which describes several independent types of music with common similar roots. Mid-tempo hardcore punk, pioneered around roughly '85 by the D.C. band Rites of Spring. It's in no relation to the pseudo-emocore/mall punk of today. Google REVOLUTION SUMMER/MID-WEST EMO for more information on the legitimate genre.

The People:
It is a label people give themselves for being apathetic and emotional to an extreme (usually miserable), but wallowing in it and not wanting it to change. They tend to feel they are misunderstood and that life is not fair to them in specific. It is in fashion with some of the group to cut themselves and wear heavy eye make-up. The hair cuts tend to have awkward sharp angles and are often glossed. Many of the guys wear very tight jeans, often women's. The girls tend to lean more towards late 70's to early 80's fashion.

Goth means that you feel inferior and not understood they hear a
lot of hard eged music and wear black some times with peircings

Goth is short for gothic, the gothic culture forms around gothic rock and people just tend to dress dark as what the music is intended to be.

Emo is short for Emo-tional
people who would rather read a book and are more creative rather than to go out partying and socializing

though there are stereotypes saying that they cut i do have several "goth and Emo" friends and they are friendly fun and never a dull moment and and they despise the thought of self harm.

though there are several idiots who are actually sad enough to follow the stereotype because they think its "cool"

personally i cant stand these fangled stereo types, you are who you are you cant catagorize yourself because were all unique not one person is the same.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games