Welcome to Gaia! ::

Depthless Imagination

Back to Guilds

semi-literate minimum roleplay and forum discussions (anime, literature, videogames, art, etc.) Looking for role players and ideas!! 

Tags: role play, fantasy, sci-fi, anime, vampire 

Reply Literature Discussion Forum
C.S Lewis Books Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is your favorite character?
  Tash
  Aravis Tarkheena
  Aslan
  Edmund Pevensie
  Lucy Pevensie
  Susan Pevensie
  Peter Pevensie
  Jill Pole
  Eustace Clarence Scrubb
  Reepicheep
View Results

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:30 pm
This is the thread to discuss the books C.S. Lewis wrote whether it be the space trilogy, the Chronicles of Narnia or his theological and philosophical works. Please feel free to discuss any and all of his works. Also just as a comparison please list all the Lewis books you have read.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:51 pm
I have read the emtire space trilogy, all of the chrinicles and many of his theological work. These books were a major part of my childhood and I always loved Reepacheep, the bravest Narnian of all.  

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

fire_devil_angel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:25 pm
I've read the Chronicals of Narnia, multipul times, sad thing is I didn't realize it was a bibal story till I saw the movie. I want to read his other works but our library doesn't have them and I never have extra money to buy them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:29 pm
fire_devil_angel
I've read the Chronicals of Narnia, multipul times, sad thing is I didn't realize it was a bibal story till I saw the movie. I want to read his other works but our library doesn't have them and I never have extra money to buy them.

I am sorry the space trilogy and screwtape letters are awsome. My fave book was the a horse and his boy  

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Grania Grasioc

Witty Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:28 pm
The silver chir is my favorite of the chronicles but I prefer the space trilogy  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:31 pm
I've only read Prince Caspian, but loved it and I've seen the movies (which are always different from the books :p )..  

TheKawaiiOtaku

Romantic Gaian

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Countess Morianna

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:00 pm
i love the chronicles of narnia! the horse and his boy is my favorite, and after it the last battle!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:20 pm
well, that's awesome but the Disney movie versions are an abomination!!!  

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Emilie Li

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:22 pm
The disney versions are pretty good i think, although i would prefer reading over watching anytime!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:08 am
Personally I think that the Disney version of Lewis's chronicles are anathama, the BBC versions were ok if you can look past the corny old effects. However I am surprised I did not get more posts here, Lewis was a prolific writer on many subjects he had his fantasy series the space trilogy and chronicles, but he also wrote on things like religion, philosophy and politics. I figured someone here would have read and been interested or at least wish to discuss something of Lewis. For one I would suggest reading "the Problem of Pain" its very interesting  

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Rosie Posie Frumblefoot

8,625 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:10 pm
I've read the Chronicles of Narnia once.. Well I read the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe twice because I had to read it for school when I was in grade.... I think 4 and I saw the old version of the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Do I forget most of it.. Yes.. Yes I do but so far the Disney movies have been okay.. I'm still trying to see the new one even though they are going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off sync with the actual books.. But what can you do right?

Also.. I have chosen five more books to read from C.S Lewis because I was in Coles the other day (a branch off of Indigo) and I saw a bunch of his books and I wanted to buy them all.. But once I read them Anaithnid we should talk about them!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:52 am
Rosie Posie Frumblefoot
I've read the Chronicles of Narnia once.. Well I read the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe twice because I had to read it for school when I was in grade.... I think 4 and I saw the old version of the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Do I forget most of it.. Yes.. Yes I do but so far the Disney movies have been okay.. I'm still trying to see the new one even though they are going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off sync with the actual books.. But what can you do right?

Also.. I have chosen five more books to read from C.S Lewis because I was in Coles the other day (a branch off of Indigo) and I saw a bunch of his books and I wanted to buy them all.. But once I read them Anaithnid we should talk about them!
I completely agree!  

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Rosie Posie Frumblefoot

8,625 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:14 pm
Ooh! Yayness! *jumps up and down with glee* (oki time to act like a 20 year old now.. And not a five year old)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:17 pm
Rosie Posie Frumblefoot
Ooh! Yayness! *jumps up and down with glee* (oki time to act like a 20 year old now.. And not a five year old)
hahahah well I am 23 and I wear a cloak and asked for a slinky for Christmas  

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Rosie Posie Frumblefoot

8,625 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:05 pm
Ooh.. Yay for Slinky's although it wouldn't work in my house..... The stairs are curved.. I asked for..... Nothing but I got Beauty and the Beast for Christmas..  
Literature Discussion Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff